[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /an/ feel about the "greatest show on earth"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 14844742086313.jpg (41KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
14844742086313.jpg
41KB, 660x440px
How does /an/ feel about the "greatest show on earth" closing down? Is it good for the animals? Did they benefit the elephants at all (either through awareness or taking them out of the wild)? Additional thoughts?
>>
Yo fuck circuses

Animal issues aside they're gay as shit. First of all who the fuck likes clowns? Literally nobody. I'm not afraid of clowns but I can't stand how in your face they are. Second, why are jugglers and acrobats considered entertaining? They probably were the shit in vaudeville times because people were cool with hoop stick and ball in a cup - but now it's a waste of everyone's time

Fuck circuses
>>
A damn shame.
>>
I went to see a Barnum & Bailey show when I was little, 0/10 to be desu famibaka
>>
>>2386819
They closed down not because of PETA activist, but because circuses are just going out of style. They have been seeing a decline of attendance long before animal activists started picketing. If I recall correctly they also broke some laws that they had to pay fines for which also set them back, as did actually correcting the issue that fucked them over in the first place.

I don't think it helped the elephants very much. Dumbo did more to help elephants without actually hurting elephants in the making. Even the best conditions for a circus still involves all the animals to have to be kept in small enclosures (for their own safety) for a very long ride and consistently change their 'home'. Then they have to preform in a stressful environment after being confined in a stressful environment. I think being in a zoo or rescue would be more stable and less stress on the elephants.
>>
It's a damn shame. The end of an era. A little slice of Americana is gone and we're all the lesser for it.
>>
Eh.
I went to the circus once and enjoyed it. I wouldn't mind if zoos still did shows with elephants and whatnot but it would be better if it wasn't traveling.
>>
>>2386819
I didn't think they still had elephants. That was one of yhe reasons it wasn't so popular anymore.
>>
>>2387031
Some places still do. African Lion Safari in Ontario which has bred the most Asian Elephants in North America has a demonstration with them though it's mostly just showing how strong they are and how dexterous their trunks are. No costumes or standing on their head or shit like that
>>
The animal abuse was unsavory and circuses themselves are a dated, unnecessarily-expensive pastime that was going to die out anyway. Save for older nostalgiafags, it won't be missed much.
>>
I like when that one little circus comes to town because they let a lot of their animals out, and I can show them to my dog.
Never go to their shows, though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.