[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about Pit Bulls as Police dogs? My state of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: police-pit-bull-1495160712.jpg (115KB, 900x508px) Image search: [Google]
police-pit-bull-1495160712.jpg
115KB, 900x508px
How do you feel about Pit Bulls as Police dogs?
My state of Ohio just pulled this PR stunt and adopted this one from a shelter slated for the needle, being the first Pitbull ever to be used as a police dog... for the purpose of "he searches for narcotics, and is not meant for aggression or apprehension of suspects."
>>
File: 17181548.webm (2MB, 320x178px) Image search: [Google]
17181548.webm
2MB, 320x178px
>He is not meant for aggression or apprehension of suspects.
lol
>>
It's going to snap and maul a black kid and the white handler is going to be crucified for it. You heard it here first.
>>
>>2386436
You know any dog can sniff for shit, right? Even pugs, bulldogs and double Merle dogs. They often used mutts (which includes pit bull types) as dogs to sniff out narcotics and bombs and such. It's definitely not the first pit bull type dog pulled from a shelter to ever to be a narcotics dog, I've personally trained 6 in NY that went professional. They are probably making a story from it because, if what you say is true, the dog was very close to death. A nice feel good story.
>>
>>2386452
This. Detection dogs don't need to be any particular breed.
>>
>>2386436
I don't mind pits but I don't buy the blue lives matter propaganda, either.
>>
>>2386458
they always use hounds at the airport
>>
>>2386468
That's only because they're small and non-threatening dogs which is best when working in close quarters with the public, not because they're better at it.
>>
>>2386468

If you note, it's not really hounds so much as just beagles.

Hounds have great noses, but as a whole they tend to be lazy and uncooperative unless something really gets their interest (such as a hunt). Beagles are one of the rare few who are eager-to-please enough to consistently perform what a hound would consider a boring job, and cute enough that stressed and leery travelers won't be bothered by them.
>>
>>2386436
What's the advantage of using a Pit over German Shepherds?
>>
>>2386557
Cheaper.
>>
>>2386557
For detection dog work? None, but there's no disadvantage either. You can use mutts for it, why would you bother securing purebreeds?
>>
>>2386439
Dude,

WHAT

THE

FUCK
>>
>>2386565
Closed the webm as soon as the dog rushed onscreen, is it as bad as I think it is?
>>
>>2386573
YES!

The fucker latches onto his face instead of the arms or something, like they are often trained to do, and no one does fucking anything! There is a cop standing right there behind them and he seems to just casually turn away and talk to someone else...then when they do get the dog off, it basically jump cuts to some paramedic treating the guys face, which he's going to have a permanent smile for the rest of his days.
>>
File: 1494802931320.png (75KB, 311x284px) Image search: [Google]
1494802931320.png
75KB, 311x284px
>>2386589
>>
>>2386589
It's fucking disgusting. I don't know how old that clip is, but if it isn't some old ass clip, then this shit needs to be spread along so someone can investigate and get those wack-jobs out of that position.
>>
>>2386590
If you can stomach it, you really should watch it anon.

Don't be blind to this stuff. This type of shit is why cameras need to be mandatory.
>>
>>2386594
Just watched it.
I am so fucking angry and disgusted right now.
I think the BLM crowd is fucking retarded, but shit like this is why I don't really defend cops either.

Sick...
>>
>>2386466
So you're a blm nigger on welfare?
>>
>>2386645
Not that anon but if you think cops are anyones friends youre a retard desu
>>
>>2386589
He literally goes over and gets a hand on the dogs neck and gets him off immediately
All these fucking pussies who think cops are villians for whatever reason just waiting to fuck people over are demented
>>
>>2386648
Say that once your house gets broken into or your stupid bullshit turns your grandkids country into zimbabwe.
>>
>>2386557
"accidentally" mauling suspects who don't comply
>>
>>2386594
>>2386591
>disgusting
>If you can stomach it
It's fucking nothing, there is no need for drama...
>>
>>2386653
The dog should never have been let go in the first place, but for you to say 'immediately' is FUCKING HILARIOUS to me.
>>
>>2386466
>I don't buy the blue lives matter propaganda, either.
You don't agree with police objecting to being shot and targeted by thug niggers?
>>
They've been using mutts from shelters as police dogs from my home for years without issue. Including pit mutts.
>>
File: 1470158772993.gif (174KB, 299x240px) Image search: [Google]
1470158772993.gif
174KB, 299x240px
>>2386439
>that fucking chair that nails him in the forehead
>>
>>2386776
Anonymous website man. Drop the trip unless you are in a specific thread and need it for identification purposes. There are plenty of other websites to use it casually.
>>
>>2386654
Cops dealing with you directly in-person = bad.
Cops doing their jobs with the skills they've learned and tools they have, without needing to deal with innocent people/act human = good.

They're like turbo autists, basically. Good for tasks, bad for social stuff.
>>
>>2386852
Never had anything but positive experiences with cops. Used to have a 1.5hr commute to work through the boonies, was on the road by 430am most days. Car broke down, not sure what was wrong, stateboy rolls up to me lights and everything. When I told him what's up, how much I needed the job and couldn't be late, he used his own AAA to get me a tow to work. Had to deal with it after but i didnt get fired that day.
>>
>>2386653
Was not immediately, and the suspect had his hands up. The dog shouldn't have been allowed near him at all. Animals should never be used as an apprehension tool, as we have no absolute control over them.
>>
>>2386436
Its hilarious because of how many police officers will be maimed by their own dogs
>>
File: 1491346250721.jpg (90KB, 607x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491346250721.jpg
90KB, 607x960px
>>2386855
Another time I was driving from s.e. michigan to Utah for a family funeral, got caught in the bible belt with 6gs of pot. Officer questioned me, put me in handcuffs in the back of his car, searched mine, pulled me out, turned off the his vest cam, took me to the back of his cruiser, made me dump it out and sent me on my way. He found my chillum cause it was sitting on my drivers seat, didn't even smash it. No warning, no ticket, no arrest.
>>
>>2386436
they should be shot
>>
>>2386436

Police are agents of the bourgeoisie meant to terrorise and criminalise their own proletariat comrades.

I cannot support anything they do.
>>
drug sniffing dogs are a pseudoscientific scam to violate the prohibition on unwarranted searches.
>>
File: 1493356582032.gif (962KB, 171x172px) Image search: [Google]
1493356582032.gif
962KB, 171x172px
>>2386589
>>2386590
>>2386591
>>2386594
holy shit am i on fucking facebook
>>
>>2386653
Ha ha, how are you defending those idiots for using a dog as a gun. They're also putting the dog's life at risk for no good reason. Worst case, the dog doesn't let go and you have two dead bodies.
>>
>>2386452
>You know any dog can sniff for shit, right?
Yeah sure, BUT
You need initiative on this dogs (its like human jobs really)
You cant make an office-chair-potato turn to a good detective, no matter what training you give to him
Same way you cant expect a bulldog (sure, I smelt it, 'tis fine, can I go back to sleep now?) to make the same job as a GS or a Malnois (YO MAN I SMELL SOMETHING LEMME GO MAN DIS SERIOUS SMELL SMELL)
>>
File: 1495124212903.jpg (134KB, 422x437px) Image search: [Google]
1495124212903.jpg
134KB, 422x437px
>>2386589
>inb4
>dog grabs him by the face while dude has surrendered already with hands over his head
>dude tries to stop the beast from chewing off his face
>gets charged for resisting arrest and assault on an officer(for laying hands on the K9)
>+15 years on his sentence and no parole
>LAND OF THE FREEEE AND THE HOOOOOMEEEE OF THE BRAAAAVEEEEE

Thank god for living in Europe everyday
>>
>>2387034
Same way you cant expect a bulldog to make the same job as a GS or a Malnois
Why not? Why can't a bulldog and a shepherd both detect something and alert the handler to it?
>>
>>2387160
>Why can't a bulldog and a shepherd both detect something and alert the handler to it?
that's not the actual job, it's to learn how to detect and also to pretend it detects when the handler wants
>>
>>2387165

Neither of which would be difficult for any dog, especially since the alert is generally just sitting.
>>
>>2386439
Fuckin pigs.
>>
>>2386654
He probably can, the cop's responses to both are "oh well".

If you're a politician or rich he can't though.
>>
>>2387038
> thanks God for living in Europe every day
> didn't thank Allah after Muhammed pipes down your buck tooth GF

Shameful
>>
>>2386439
fucking kek, get bit bitch
>>
Kill all pit bulls, I mean they're fucking ugly anyways
>>
>>2386653
Nice bait faggot
>>
>>2386439
This is the type of stuff that kinda makes me double think the police
>>
>>2386855
Same, I was on my way to suboxone treatment today and my car just sputtered to a stop. Cop pulled over, lights going - thought he saw that my seatbelt wasn't across my chest (under chest is more comfy no bully pls) but he just asked me what was wrong and I said "if I don't get there they might kick me out of the program." he gave me a ride and a white shirt to stick in my car door, then drove me back. I called his dept later to tell the boss to do something nice for him. My dad is a DA, had him call in, too, he didn't know but I'm hoping he got some sort of compensation cuz he sure as hell didn't get paid to drive me to my doc appt lmao. I think it's a city vs country thing? The cops here are so personable and nice, they're only really asses to the Amish cuz they tend to transport drugs. They're nice to the Mennonites and townies though, come to bloc parties to hang out when they're on break, and help with the charity stuff we run. The dogs they have here are usually mutts, but we have two GSDs out of the bunch that are like mascots I guess? City cops that I've run into are curt but polite - there's a definite difference. I can't blame them though, id probably act similarly since they've got better shit to do/get paid for.
>>
>>2386439
what is this from and what kind of dog is that?
>>
>>2388196
I'm honestly not sure, it's got floppy medium sized ears set medium-low, my first thought was a lab but labs are discouraged in that line of work. It has medium length hair and a fluffier tail, so it's not largely a bully breed. If I had to take a guess I'd say it was a Shepherd/retriever mix
>>
>>2387798

police are just a gang. similar to how the iraq military and US military are/were both militaries.

the police get to have their gang colors displayed on the white house the other day when trump lit it up blue. they show their "thin blue line" gang colors whenever they can, and pathetic citizens will show it too hoping to be on the police's side. More like thin yellow line of piss onto all that stupid police worshiping bullshit
>>
>>2388670
The government is a mafia
Fuck them,I only take orders from God
>>
>>2388670
>police are just a gang. similar to how the iraq military and US military are/were both militaries.
this analogy is stupid and makes no sense, and you should feel fucking stupid for trying to make it
>>
>>2388674

Except you can actually get something out of paying taxes (protection money) to the mafia lol
>>
>>2388678
>>2388674
>>2388670
are these posts unironic? did i misclick and end up on reddit or something?
>>
>>2388678
Legal loansharks
My gun can defend me better than any cop can
>>
>>2388682
cops are the reason you don't have to use your gun every day you fucking ignoramus. without the widespread rule of law you have tyrone and jamaal literally doing whatever they fuck they want, except now they don't just do it to each other in the ghetto, they do it to everyone since there is no fear of reprisal on any level except from other tyrones and jamaals.

are you really this retarded?
>>
>>2388682

As long as its an inanimate object, it will do a better job than a cop. the cops and DA are actually a bigger threat than the badguy after many self defense events. See zimmerman, the government spent millions of dollars trying to get him to spend life in prison for not allowing that kid to injure and possibly kill him
>>
>>2388683
Yeah sure
But I still don't trust them
When the pigs come knocking, never open the door and forever deny
>>2388684
Nigggers man,they are the new protected class of American society
>>
>>2388683
> cops are the reason you don't have to use your gun every day you fucking ignoramus

And Sharia law is the only thing keeping Saudi Arabia from being incinerated with brimstone from Allah
>>
>>2388694
>pigs
you have the mental age of a 15 year old. i forget sometimes that a lot of people never grow out of their adolescent phase
>>
>>2388699
>t.bootlicker
>>
man this person is so retarded, the local cops had to get flavored boots just for him
>>
>>2388698
in america we this thing called "separation of church and state." our laws are pragmatic and attempt to lay out guidelines for what works best for the functioning of a society. when we say that murder is illegal, it's not because it was written in a bunch of scrolls by some dusty shitskin 1000 years ago, it's because if people were allowed to kill each other, society would stop functioning. that IS an important distinction, even if you're too retarded to see it.
>>2388702
nigger please. it's not about bootlicking, it's about being realistic and pragmatic.
>>
File: 1389037542363.jpg (62KB, 496x501px) Image search: [Google]
1389037542363.jpg
62KB, 496x501px
>>2388705
>not because it was written in a bunch of scrolls by some dusty shitskin 1000 years ago
>>
File: tips boonie cap.jpg (54KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
tips boonie cap.jpg
54KB, 604x453px
>>2388709
>>
>>2386783
I'm sorry but I can't.
>>
>>2388711
did you mean to post this in /b/ requesting a dick tribute?
>>
>>2388711
You look like hammered shit
>>
File: 1448507384283.png (9KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1448507384283.png
9KB, 493x402px
>>2388730
if you'd ever been outside the wire you might look similar
>>
>>2386439
I really hate the way they wag their tails during attacking. It's eerie, as if they enjoy the taste of blood
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.