[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the White Swiss Shepherd dog the German Shepherd for patricians?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Download-2.jpg (536KB, 1024x831px) Image search: [Google]
Download-2.jpg
536KB, 1024x831px
Is the White Swiss Shepherd dog the German Shepherd for patricians? I hate how German Shepherds are being bred just for the aestethics when they're a working breed.

Does anybody know if there's been any shift in perception on what the breed standard for German Shepherds should lool like? I know that there are some people that are breeding the German Shepherd to be more in line with the working dog standards and not just to be a show dog but is that going to influence the standard at large?
>>
>>2385203
White shepherds look cool. German shepherds look retarded. I hate everything about them, from their colouration to their personalities.
>>
>>2385203
I heard Shepherds usually suffer less symptoms than the ones bred in the US. How true is that?
coming from Germany, they also obviously have hip issues. so. idk. daz why I'm asking YOU
>>
>>2385854
*bred in germany compared to bred in the us
>>
>>2385220
How does it feel to be so wrong. You must tell me.
>>
>>2385907
German Shepherds are fine but you're a fuckface if you support the breeders that are breeding them purely for looks and not function with their fucked up hips. They're a working breed. That's why white shepherds are based, they're pretty much the same thing as a German Shepherd but with a cooler looking fur and aren't solely being bred for aesthetics.
>>
File: 1465481793999.jpg (126KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1465481793999.jpg
126KB, 1366x768px
>>2386099
Where did you get the idea that I'd support breeding deformed show dogs, and what does it have to do with the post I replied to?
>>
>>2386099
White Shepards are more prone to defect than normal breed standards. I work at an animal hospital.
>>
>>2386168

Anything in particular other than what I assume is a strong propensity for deafness?
>>
>>2385203
People still breed German Shepherds as working dogs. You think any police force or military installment with a K9 unit would want a showdog?
>>
>>2386163
Because the German Shepherd is a deformed show dog?
>>
>>2386197
I know, read my post again. I'm asking if there's a shift in perception in breeders who are breeding it just for the looks and not in the people who actually use the breed for what it was bred to do.
>>
>>2386184

my landlady has a white GSD and the dog has something wrong with its liver and has to take pills that cost something insane like £1000 a month
>>
>>2386230
White German Shepherd and White Swiss Shepherd are two separate breeds
>>
File: 1462900729666.jpg (140KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
1462900729666.jpg
140KB, 750x937px
>>2386226
>>
>>2385854
>>2385855
German Shepherds being bred to standard anywhere can be structurally fucked. The problem is not the country but the standard; they call for this stacked stance that breeders want to exaggerate with a hip that is naturally held lower. German GSDs are not necessarily any better than American or Brit ones, however it is used as a buzzword to charge more for a puppy. I see a ton of breeders with poor quality GSDs say shit like the puppies or the sires are from Germany so they cost a couple Grand more than the other dogs while being the same quality. But people think that Germany has the superior German dogs. A lot of dog owners also think that the more sloped a back, the better quality of dog, Even though that's pretty much the opposite.

>>2386184
The deafness of white shepherds is usually due to lack of pigment in the eardrum. That's why albino animals and many animals with lots of white are prone to being deaf. So while deafness can be linked to white and albino animals, it is not technically linked genetically; it's only linked physically. The white GSD line is prone to genetic eye issues like cataracts, which is because of heritage and not linked to the white fur. However there are some issues like autoimmune diseases and malabsorption syndrome that may be genetically linked with an activated white gene. Keep in mind we aren't decoding the canine genome so this is all observations from people breeding pet dogs for purposes besides research.
>>
>>2385203
Literally every German shepherd I've ever seen in life or pictures has that retarded stance where it looks like it's halfway paralyzed and atrophied in its hind legs. They're inbred to shit. Also what's up with their huge ass awkward heads and worried facial expression? I just don't get it. This dog is sought for working roles? Why? What does it do? There's bigger dogs. There's more intimidating dogs. There's dogs that can smell better. There's dogs that can fight better. What is the deal
>>
>>2386229
It's really not hard to get. Showline bred Shepherds are the worst of the worst. Showline are typically always worse than their working line counter parts in any breed. It's in GSD that you see such a huge gap between quality. You will never see that slope back in a working line GSD. Dog shows are horrible profit driven organizations that are basically shills for the dog food industry.
>>
>you will never see that slope back in a working line GSD
Breeders nowadays will say their GSDs are working lines when they aren't and have terrible roached backs. The best part is they never have any videos of their dogs walking so you can't see how awful it actually is.

>http://www.zwingervonhimmel.com/our_dogs.shtml
>http://www.worldclassgsd.com/future-litters/index-future-litters.html
look at some of the dogs in here. Some aren't bad, but others in the breeding stock are terrible. Rabbit feet and sickle hocks, and some of the dogs standing normally you can even see the weak back end. Yet they have a very legitimate website, claim to do hip scores and breed only working dogs. So it's hard to find real working line GSDs
>>
>>2387576

I really can't stand heavily parked out show stances, they can easily hide a wide variety of flaws. GSD's have made it so extreme, as per their norm, that their stance goes right past hiding flaws and into creating more of them.
>>
>>2387576
>hard to find real working line GSDS

Agreed, but thats the responsibility of the owner to find a reputable breeder. Thats true regardless of the specific breed you'd like. There are con artist everywhere in the world of dog breeders.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.