[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How in the fuck am I supposed to find somebody who personally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: gerbil.jpg (6KB, 278x214px) Image search: [Google]
gerbil.jpg
6KB, 278x214px
How in the fuck am I supposed to find somebody who personally breeds rodents? Pretty much every website I find with databases on fancy rodent breeders hasn't been updated since the fucking early 2000's, and is riddled with dead links or links to breeder websites that ALSO haven't been updated since 10-15 years ago.

I'm very passionate about rodent ownership, I keep mice, gerbils and dwarf hamsters, the latter of which I breed. I look through fancy rodent websites and see all of these amazing different types that idove to try and find, but it's next to impossible to find a way to contact somebody who breeds these animals professionally. I'd also like to find better breeding stock for my dwarf hamsters, but again, I run into the same dilemma.

Any ideas? Just like how there are fish stores and reptile stores, are there no fancy rodent stores? I hate resorting to pet stores, of course because you don't know what the conditions of those animals are, and they usually don't have the best selection. And that's coming from somebody who works at a pet store.

Right now I'm especially obsessed with gerbils. I recently got my pair a huge enclosure and wanted to maybe add another buddy for them to be with.
>>
craigslist? thats how i found my skinnypig, from a breeder.
>>
File: 14602076256024.png (88KB, 568x548px) Image search: [Google]
14602076256024.png
88KB, 568x548px
>>
>>2385193
Facebook is literally the best for this shit. Also many gerbil breeders stopped as gerbils sadly aren't incredibly popular and aren't used as feed.
>>
Facebook or local animal expos.
When I got my standard agoutis, I had to go to an expo and get a local accredited breeder's card, because fucking none of the websites were up to date and half the numbers in the phone book were wrong.
Alternatively, if you have an exotic pet store near you, call them and see if they have a directory or something.
>>
File: 20170520_024232.jpg (2MB, 1963x1408px) Image search: [Google]
20170520_024232.jpg
2MB, 1963x1408px
>>2385932
>>2385796
I should mention that I don't have a Facebook nor do I plan on getting one

I've seen a few gerbils at reptile expos, but that's about it. Relating back to the whole issue with trying to find these types of breeders, there was a large booth at a reptile show I went to back in March that was breeding all kinds of cool rodents, including gerbils, guinea pigs, hairless mice, and even soft-furred rats. I was dumb and didn't ask for a business card or anything, and now I CAN NOT find ANYTHING on these people. The people who run the shows there can't name the vendors at the show, I can't find any places in my entire fucking state that had the same collection online, I even went so far as to contact some other vendors that were at the same show and even they didn't know who to call. Like I want to give them my business, but it's next to impossible to find them.

To >>2385932
Did you go to a gerbil show specifically or are there just generalized animal shows? I've found that there's a gerbil show this September about 2 hours north of me. Not sure if you can buy there but at least I'd be able to get accurate contact info for breeders that way

It's such a shame these things are such a pain in the ass.

Also, this is an Argente, right? I know there are also self-colored gerbils but I don't know what variety falls in that category. It came in yesterday at work and I'm considering getting it
>>
let me warn you now, though I know you won't listen, that gerbils kind of suck

most animal fancies have some kind of breeder club. you might find one in your country or region and locate breeders that way.

or visit a feed store and check their bulletin board.
>>
File: gerbil_standing_270x224.jpg (53KB, 270x224px) Image search: [Google]
gerbil_standing_270x224.jpg
53KB, 270x224px
>>2386027
>let me warn you now, though I know you won't listen, that gerbils kind of suck
What makes you say that? I absolutely love the two gerbils I have, they're really entertaining to watch and it's fun to interact with them. I also like the way they look
>>
>>2385193
There are many Instagram pages that do so. Look up "Clifford's sisters rattery"
>>
>>2386027
I've kept gerbils for years and I would highly recommend them to anyone. They appear to be somewhere between a rat and hamster in terms of intelligence and they're crazy energetic. Super fun to watch.
>>
>>2386806
As far as common pet rodents go I'd say that's fair. The main problem is their extreme lack of focus. Gerbils are notoriously curious and are useless to lab's in most experiments. They tried running them through mazes, and the gerbils could solve them but had to explore every single nook and cranny first. They're mainly used for studies on narcolepsy as 50% of gerbils will pass out when they get stressed out.

They're miles ahead of hamsters in intelligence, but hamsters also kill themselves.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.