[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's this bird in my garden. It's not really moving,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: DSCN1158.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1158.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
There's this bird in my garden.

It's not really moving, it opens its eyes when I get close and awkwardly tries to hop away; tried to fly for a bit but one of his wing looks injured.

Anything I can do?

>I don't know shit about birds.
>>
>>2384553
no the hopping stage is natural and the parents are looking after it. the whole birds only leave the nest when they learn to fly thing is a meme.
>>
>>2384553
cute birb

throw seeds at it. it looks young like >>2384574
said.
>>
>>2384603

I have no seeds.

I'll just leave it alone,and hope a cat won't eat it.
>>
>>2384553
We really need a bird related sticky
>>
Just call a vet and ask him? I can't help you because that species of bird does not live where I do so I don't know it. But I guess that >>2384574 is still only shitposting. That bird looks mature (htough still don't know the species) and most birds can hop better away then just awkwardly. So it is probably injured after all
>>
File: DSCN1162.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1162.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>2384715

It's past 9PM here. It started to rain lightly so it hopped under one of my trees. Now it's chilling/sleeping.

I looked it up, definitely looks like a song thrush.

Pic related, it doesn't give a fuck (but I didn't fuck with it). Shall I look after it tomorrow?
>>
File: 1483470702722.jpg (241KB, 1069x1196px) Image search: [Google]
1483470702722.jpg
241KB, 1069x1196px
>>2384719
Why are you even asking this retaded questions? What are you 12? If you want to help that animal do it. if not then fuck off.
>>
>>2384715
>I don't fucking know anything but that other advice is just shitposting
>>
It looks like it has flown against something (car, window, etc).

As a kid I kept an eye on a similar thrush that had flown against a window, it died of its injuries several hours later. They might be bleeding internally, and at that point there's very little that can be done.

For now, the bird seems to have shelter and is okay. If it survives the night, I would contact a wildlife sanctuary/conservation association or somesuch in your area. They'll be able to point you to a professional and offer guidance, and have the bird checked out if it survives its injuries.

Where I live, song thrushes have been declining.
>>
>>2384553

Probably avian pox

Call your local animal control/welfare agencies.
>>
>>2384817

Thanks man, I'll ask the vet next block, he'll at least be able to give me directions.

I thought about taking it in a comfy box for the night, but I was too afraid to fuck up.
>>
Turns out the bird is dead :(
>>
>>2385178

It happens. Like the other anon said bird probably flew into something and had internal bleeding. Nothing you could do.
>>
>>2385178

Really not surprising. Birds too ill to eat generally succumb very quickly, and this one looked to be in very poor shape indeed.

Give it a proper burial.
>>
>>2385178

Earlier anon here. Sad to hear it died. On a brighter side, they do sometimes survive! Two summers ago I saw a juvenile redstart just lying on grass. Didn't react to anything, just seemed to be sleeping. Took it inside because it was cold and raining outside, kept it in a cardboard box on a towel over the night. It was full of energy early in the morning and I set it free from balcony, it flew away and perched on a nearby tree for a good while. So I think it's good you cared, it always matters!
>>
>>2384715
>there's a bird on the ground, better consult a doctor

oh jesus, this board is full of fags isn't it?
>>
>>2385384
>Sits there for hours barly responding
>lol, stop being concerned if you get asked what to do
Also what do you have against a adult talk with a professional if one is unsure themself? You don't need to be a panic ridden old lady that is all hysterical. Just talk normal to other people like a functional person
>>
judging by the swellings on the head and around the eyes it had avian pox. I'm surprised no one mentioned it

it was dying of illness, there was nothing you could've done, anon.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.