[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How accurate is this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_I n

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1-facethreequarters.jpg (50KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1-facethreequarters.jpg
50KB, 680x680px
How accurate is this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intelligence_of_Dogs#Evaluation
>>
>>2383473
If your dog's breed is in the top ten, it's accurate, if it isn't, it's not accurate.
Personally, it's accurate. My golden's smart and learns fast. She's lazy though, if she doesn't manage something she'll quickly look at me for help.
>>
File: IMG_20170516_214413_342.jpg (957KB, 1836x2295px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170516_214413_342.jpg
957KB, 1836x2295px
I am somewhat biased but a dog following instructions like a robot isnt nessacerily intelligent as it is biddable.

Mastiffs are handler sensitive but will take over if they sense a threat, obeying you is not as important as your safety to them. If you own a working line Mastiff it is important you do not set the dog up for failure in these situations be it an unwarranted bite or its own self sacrifice.

If a Mastiff is asleep in your childs bedroom and somebody attempts to gain entry through the window with malice on their mind I dont think you would be left with the impression the dog was stupid by any stretch.
>>
>>2383582
>Coren defines three aspects of dog intelligence in the book: instinctive intelligence, adaptive intelligence, and working and obedience intelligence.[6] Instinctive intelligence refers to a dog's ability to perform the tasks it was bred for, such as herding, pointing, fetching, guarding, or supplying companionship.[6] Adaptive intelligence refers to a dog's ability to solve problems on its own.[6] Working and obedience intelligence refers to a dog's ability to learn from humans.[6]
>>
>>2383473
>For instance, psychologist Stanley Coren ranks the Doberman as the 5th most intelligent dog in the category of obedience command training, based on the selective surveys he performed of some trainers (as documented in his book The Intelligence of Dogs). Additionally, in two studies, Hart and Hart (1985) ranked the Doberman Pinscher first in this category.[21] and Tortora (1980) gave the Doberman the highest rank in trainability.[22] Although the methods of evaluation differ, these studies consistently show that the Doberman Pinscher, along with the Border Collie, German Shepherd, Golden Retriever, Standard Poodle and Rottweiler, is one of the most trainable breeds of dog.

It's accurate; the top 10 stay the same; but there are other studies where the rankings are a little different.
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 466x356px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 466x356px
>>2383473
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intelligence_of_Dogs#Evaluation

Jesus Christ
>>
It's accurate from my personal experience
>GSD responds fantastically to training
>Sheltie responds wonderfully to training
>Chow gives me the side eye and lounges on the couch
>>
i thought afghan doggies were super smart
wonder where i heard that
>>
It all comes down to the individual dogs, of course some breeds are smarter than others but some people think you can't train certain dogs just because the breed isn't "smart". My aunt is competing in obedience with her pug without any problems.
>>
>>2385251
>Coren sent evaluation requests to American Kennel Club and Canadian Kennel Club obedience trial judges, asking them to rank breeds by performance, and received 199 responses, representing about 50 percent of obedience judges then working in North America.[6] Assessments were limited to breeds receiving at least 100 judge responses.
Sounds like this involved plenty dogs and not just one per breed. Outliers like your aunt's dog exist, but most pugs are still drooling retards.
>>
>>2385263
No, my aunts pug is an outlier because she's actually serious about training her dogs and run a small scale kennel, which she has been with all the pugs she's owned before her current one.

Most pugs are drooling retards because pugs are companion dogs and the Venn diagram of people who buy dogs like pugs or chihuahuas and people who are serious about training with their dogs are two separate circles.
>>
>>2385265
And I'm in Europe and not Murkadurkaland
>>
>>2383473
ummmm NO sweetie, ALL dog breeds are equally intelligent!
>>
>>2383616
Beagles are literally too smart to obedience trials. They have canine ADHD because of their noses
>>
>>2385744
*to smart too
>>
>>2383473
I don't like how they say obedience/ability to train is equivalent to intelligence. We don't test intelligence the same way we test for obedience and following directions. I think the title is very misleading.
>>
>breeds

Social constructs.
>>
>>2383473
there is no direct scientific evidence that any dog breed is more or less intelligent than any other.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.