[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys do any backyard conservation work? Stuff like bi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Do you guys do any backyard conservation work? Stuff like birdhouses, batboxes, bugboxes, toad abodes, butterfly gardens?

currently ordered some native milkweed for monarch butterflies.

https://www.youtube.co/watch?v=YB8C7K-yNtM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGEpJ7F_ZuU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JpLR2hpfSk&t=178s
>>
We have a birdhouse. Also we provide our local birds with food in the winter and fresh water in the summer.
>>
>>2382801
I put out fruit and water for the local mockingbirds, and the local house finch pair loves to come and steal their shit while they aren't looking.

I've also got a big fucking bush that attracts butterflies of all types.
>>
>>2382801
I do at a park near my house. I've gotten really depressed lately and have sort of given up on expecting any value to come from it though. I still keep introducing native plants and stuff though.
>>
I'm prohibited from putting out bird food at my apartment complex because they had problems with rats eating it and breeding in the past. Birdhouses would also not be allowed. Really sucks since most of the birdos I need to still see are often reported coming to peoples' feeders.
>>
I built 15 bird houses for a bird conservation. My grandfather is in some sort of bird sanctuary group.
>>
>>2384923
>I've gotten really depressed lately
Time heals. You'll be ok
>>
>>2382801
I have multiple birdhouses, a bird feeder, and a lot of potted flowers for any nectar feeders.
>>
>>2382801
have a big push that attracts humming brids. keep bird food out all year and have multiple birdhouses, all of which are occupied.
>>
We have 4 bird feeders that we put up for our cats but I have noticed a lot more life hanging out around us. Even some woodchucks my beagle goes insane over.
>>
I want to put up some bat houses but I am a wee bit worried about my dogs. I don't want them to get too curious and I also don't want a bunch of shit under the house where the dogs can get to it. The only place I could put it would be on our shed too.
>>
We have a monarch waystation (complete with a sign) and bird baths and feeders. There's a raccoon family that lives in a hole in our tree I like to watch. An owl lives in another hole. He murders our rabbits at night.
Do you guys ever rescue caterpillars? We have so many monarch caterpillars. I had a park ranger tell me that like 95% of them get eaten by something so I'll put them in my ten gallon and let them pupate in there. It's cool to watch.
>>
guys, while birdhouses seem like a good idea... More often then not, terrorists are using them to cache bombs, or criminals are using them as a drop off point for heroin or CP thumb drives... something to consider.... I dout you want that on your property
>>
Is there anything special I have to do for bat boxes? I want to set a couple up around my property because the mosquitos were fucking murder last year and they're already starting to piss me off this year, and bats are apparently phenomenal at ridding places of mosquitoes (not to mention bats are fucking adorable and the more I learn about white nose syndrome the more I want to help). I've never set them up before, though, and I want to ensure maximum success and I can't imagine they're really just a "build it and they will come" situation. We have a few wild bats as it is, which I'm sure is a good start, but any advice from people who have done it before would be helpful.
>>
>>2386307

In my area, someone got a 2nd degree murder conviction for having a bat box, when a girl next door died of rabbies
>>
>>2386314
I live on 45 acres of land and my nearest neighbor is little less than a mile away, separated by woodlands. I'm not overly concerned about legal repercussions of having a couple bat boxes.
>>
>>2386314
>Anybody believing this tripe.
>>
>>2382801
I would but I'm a 22 year old NEET and my dad might get pissed if I dig ponds in his backyard for frogs to live in, and I don't want to try and find a job
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.