[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any pets without fur or feathers that show affection?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: wfbfw87.jpg (144KB, 800x705px) Image search: [Google]
wfbfw87.jpg
144KB, 800x705px
Are there any pets without fur or feathers that show affection?

I'm allergic. I have owned fish and a turtle before but am wondering if there is anything more social with humans.

>inb4 shave a cat
It's the dander and saliva enzyme thingies I'm allergic to
>>
>>2382611
Argentine tegus.
>>
>>2382611
Affection is just what humans project onto their animals. A dog doesn't really love you no more than a cat loves you.
>>
>>2382631
kek
ok, catfag, science shows us otherwise
>>
>>2382633
>Dogfags actually believe that their dog loves them on their own free will and not just biologically program to stay with you because their pack animals.

Dogfags are the worst. Now I'm gonna hear some story about how your dog is such a "sweet heart" and how it cuddles up to you and shit. Fuck off, dogs and cats suck.
>>
>>2382628
i saw a webm of one of those
it was a cute webm
>>
File: haha.jpg (25KB, 400x373px) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
25KB, 400x373px
>>2382637
>dogs and cats suck
i was going to just laugh at your brain parasites but now i'm just gonna laugh at your autism
>>
>>2382639
Great comeback dogfag, now go clean up your dogs shit.
>>
>>2382637

Humans are biologically programed to feel love, just like dogs. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>2382640
nah i'l just leave it in your front yard for you to step in and hate life even more
>>
Um... a Xoloitzcuintli?
>>
File: 1425397640355.gif (283KB, 389x400px) Image search: [Google]
1425397640355.gif
283KB, 389x400px
>>2382643
So you rather have your yard full of shit just so I can step in it? LOOLOLOLOLOL I'd just used the sidewalk ya fucking tardo. Dogfags are as dumb as their pets.
>>
>>2382611
>Beardies
>Iguanas, if raised from infant
>Savannah monsters can be "dog-tame"

There are a bunch of hypo-allergenic animals to choose from, but like with every animal you need the know-how; it just my be know-how you're not familiar with.
>>
>>2382628
>>2382662
>>2382646
Thanks, I'm looking into these. I've been allergic to all "hypoallergenic" dogs/cats I've come in contact with, so I'm probably limited.

>>2382631
Even if it's an illusion, it's okay. I would get a robotic paro seal if I had $6,000.
>>
Plug for beardies
>>
Naked mole rat
>>
>>2382611
There are hypoallergenic cats. That said, >>2382631 is probably truer than most people want to believe for most animals. Honestly, get a snek. They're cute, they do dumb shit, and your brain is hard wired to think they're looking at you with their big doofy eyes.
>>
>>2383123
>>2382704
Hypoallergenic dogs/cats is a meme. And for that matter, you can certainly be allergic to reptile sheddings so even a snake/lizard is not 100% a safe bet.
>>
For some reason Im just not fond of fluffy animals (and who the fuck wants a bird anyway, loud shits), I've had different reptiles and fish and can definitely recommend beardies. Wouldn't suggest raising it from young though, you can maybe look into getting one from a shelter or check if someone is trying to sell theirs. It's usually cheaper and you get to see their personality beforehand.
Would also recommend blue tongue skinks. Both can be super fun to feed and will love lounging on top of you for body heat. They can't show traditional affection, but if they are calm and relaxed around you, it shows they trust you which is probably the most they can do since their brains aren't wired like ours.
A similar reptile would be the ball python since they are relatively calm and pretty great.
Tegus and monitors are not something I would recommend, they cost a bunch to take care of and are pretty bad for a more inexperienced owner.
>>
>>2382655
>can't read
>calls others dumb
>>
>>2382611

Horses. I guess you could call their hair fur, though.
>>
>>2382637
Jesus, this is a fantastic level of autism even for this site.
>>
File: b9f9a314.jpg (52KB, 580x379px) Image search: [Google]
b9f9a314.jpg
52KB, 580x379px
pigs
>>
File: hypoallergenic.jpg (24KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
hypoallergenic.jpg
24KB, 350x350px
>>2382611
A snake won't love you, but they can enjoy a warm-blooded cuddle.
Would recommend just get a regular pet that likes being bathed, and bath it frequently. It's a good way to form a bond, and keeps them all soft and shiny for maximum petability, in addition to keeping the allergens down.
>And remember your own hygiene; they might be allergic to you!
>>
Seconding tegu!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwEbPZvhE_o
>>
>>2382611
women
>>
>>2383587
not recommended, especially for beginners

women are expensive and have huge unexpected costs.
plus they are really care intensive and you need to train them well if you want them to love you
>>
>>2383249
Horses are giant pains in the ass hat spend all their free time finding ways to hurt themselves and break things.
>>
>>2383563
are monitor lizards less affectionate?
>>
>>2382628
please don't suggest them to people who do not know a lot about these animals

they can seriously injure a person
>>
>>2382611
no. feathers and fur contain the neurons responsible for affection
>>
>>2383666
more like the person will kill the tegu
>>
>>2383661
read that as
>horses are a giant penis in the ass
>>
>>2383702
Well, that too...
>>
>>2382704
Iguanas and tegus are a bad idea, anon. They are very high manteinance, more than what people expect.
>>
>>2382611
Can't you get some prescriptions to decrease symptoms, I got nose spray and pills that work quite well against allergy symptoms.
>>
>>2383739
Yeah, I was thinking that when I looked them up.

>>2383767
I've tried everything. It's hopeless. If they were mild allergies, I could put up with it, but it's torrential rainfall from my eyes, nose, and ears.
>>
That sucks, I went to an allergologist(don't know the english term) and he got me some good meds.
>>
>>2383664
Reptiles in general aren't affectionate, tegus are kind of a rarity with how friendly they can be.
>>
Naked mole rat.
>>
>>2383702
mr. hands? i thought you died
>>
Try to go visit some exotic mammals.
You might be allergic to dogs and cats, but maybe are fine with something weird enough.
>>
>>2382631
Affection is just what humans project onto other humans. Dogs get restless when you leave because they experience separation anxiety. They can't function emotionally or physically without a human or a companion
>>
>>2382637
So what makes humans any different exactly?
>>
>>2385381
Brain capacity, start using yours.
>>
>>2383666
boo hoo moron gets his finger amputated because he didn't take the five seconds to google prey drive and don't realize these things get as long as certain caiman
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.