[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you take care of a dog and work full time? I want a dog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (7).jpg (131KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (7).jpg
131KB, 1300x867px
How do you take care of a dog and work full time? I want a dog desperately, I have all my life and I know i'd give it all the love and attention I could, but I work full time and I'd feel awful about leaving it alone for eight hours a day... Do you guys have any advice? Should I just give up and not get a dog?
>>
>it's alone for 8 hours

Then get 2-3 dogs, problem solved.
>>
>>2382528
crate the animal. just don't use the crate as a punishment. when a dog is alone it sleeps most of the time anyway, so what difference does it make if its in a crate or not?

You would hardly be the first person to get a dog with a full time job.

Or get a cat. Cats don't give a shit, they're just happy to be there
>>
File: 1492603435588.jpg (15KB, 226x239px) Image search: [Google]
1492603435588.jpg
15KB, 226x239px
MFW take the dog to work.
Life's good.
>>
File: 132.jpg (85KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
132.jpg
85KB, 720x960px
>>2382528
I've wondered this myself. My kitty of 15 years died last August and would love to have a dog this time around.
I work 9-12hrs M-F, have a house to myself and a small fenced yard... yet have been rejected by a couple animal adoption places solely for this work hours reason...
>>
>>2382557
I live with my parents and we have a cat

, I'm about to move out soon and although I do love cats I want an active pet that I can go run around the woods with and have adventures
>>
>>2382557
I would never use the crate as a punishment, I find it cruel

My friends parents have two little Boston terriers and whenever one of them gets worked up and starts barking they lock both of them in the crate for hours at a time. It sickens me and I hate it.

Is there a way I can get dogs taken away from people? But then again they might not be much better off in a shelter...
>>
Apartment or yard?

An older dogger would be okay hanging out alone for a while. If you want a young pup, try to see if you can go home during lunch to love and walk. If you have fluctuating hours, doggie day care for long days.
>>
>>2382582
Big yard, big house for at least the next two years.

I could also take thirty minute lunches to drive home be with the doggo for a bit
>>
i don't live alone any more but when i did i would leave him for 11-14 hours, sometimes even more

i would just get up extra early and take him for a good long hike, and take him for another long hike when i got home

then we'd sleep in my bed together

he's a high energy terrier and this system worked out quite well

i agree with the crate anons also, except i didn't have a crate, i just made a comfy area in this nook i had in my bathroom since my apartment was old and weird and small
>>
>>2382591

That would be good, at least while adjusting to the new home.
>>
>>2382576
>I want an active pet that I can go run around the woods with and have adventures

But you have a full time job?
>>
Get more than one, make sure they are best buds, they will give each other life.
>>
>>2382576
...You are not going to have adventures. You're going to go for walks/runs/etc and pick up the dog's shit.

And if you're planning to run around wooded areas with your dog, then enjoy the age old past time of checking your dog for ticks on a daily basis. And to add to the fun, you will be checking yourself as well!

I may sound jaded, but that's because you seem to really be romanticizing this whole dog thing. Dogs are great companions if you want attention all the time. Because they will happily oblige.

On the other hand, if you like to chill and relax, watch a movie/play a video game, I guarantee you there will be times your dog will want attention, and if you don't give it to them 100%, it will start misbehaving
>>
>>2382528
I don't know why people are suggesting multiple dogs... If a person is worried about working and taking care of a single dog, adding a dog will just add to their work when they are at home.

Assuming you're on your own and not hiring anyone, you tire the fuck out of the dog before you go to work, and then again when you get home. Getting a second dog doesn't mean you get to skip caring for them, that just means you now need more time to make sure both are physically and mentally stimulated before and after work. They will keep each other company but you can't assume they will take care of each other. Just make sure if you get multiple dogs that you can take care of multiple dogs
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.