[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm joining the air force soon and I've been wanting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
I'm joining the air force soon and I've been wanting a bitch for years.
I'm in love with snow dogs and I'm interested in adopting a Pomsky (or even a malamute, but this might not work out)

After I've finished training I'll be given housing and I'll be allowed to own pets with some limitations.

I'm just wondering if anyone here is serving and owns any pets. Does this sound like a bad idea? Is there anything I need to be aware of?

I've wanted a bitch for a long time and was never in a position to own one as I grew up in a predominantly cat household.

I guess I'm just asking if owning this breed of dog will be inappropriate while I serve in the air force?
(Royal air force)
>>
>>2382407
>"pomsky" little mix shit
>or Giant ass Malamute

Both have extremely different needs from nutrition to exercise. Owning any dog of breed while serving is inappropriate. I say this as I come from a military family, the only situation where this is acceptable is when you have a wife and children (6yr+) who can be responsible for the animal. I live near a military base and a good 70% of the dogs listed on craigslist are from military people who cannot adequately care for their dog. Those who do not opt to sell their dogs often times spend a ton of money locking them in a kennel with strangers for months on end. Save the dog for when you retire.
>>
>>2382407
Pomskies are designer mutts. I would be wary of ANYONE selling a pomsky. The majority of pictures online I have seen are confirmed for not being pom/husky mixes. They do not have a set standard, they vary a lot in both appearance and temperament, and breeders have proven they don't give a flying fuck about the dogs they breed so it is unlikely they will ever be a set standard for this dog. The pom/husky mixes I have personally seen (you really can't assume they will look like pics from the internet because of how hard they are shilled) all look like generic medium to large shepherd mixes.
>>
>>2382470
Beat it over the head with a rock. Repeat until dead.
>>
I was just thinking how we haven't had scam posts in a while. Then suddenly one pops up
>>
>Are you selling pom+husky? do you have the papers on parents.
>yea of course
>3 generations.
>what the fuck do you want for your mere 1k$
>okay bye
all of them
>>
Unless you have a family and will be entitled to an actual house, you had better be prepared to go into private housing (and finding somewhere that actually accepts dogs) at short notice at any time. Generally, it's a no to JRs keeping dogs in the block, and even when permission is granted to mostly senior ranks, it's solely at the discretion of one person who will typically not be there for very long, and it can be revoked if there are any complaints.
>>
>>2382470
Fuck off Liam, bulldogs are genetic abominations
>>
>>2382407

>i love snow dogs
>yet i want to put on in an environment that they'll be miserable in their whole lives
>>
>>2382407
dont join any branch but the national guard, all others are just a means to imperialize
>>
>>2383109

Thanks for your input, Mohammed. Now kindly go fuck yourself on a sand dune.
>>
Well if you're enlisted you probably won't get housing unless its off base
You will however be put in the barracks, which does not allow pets.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.