[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I was out walking and saw a little baby bird sitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (721KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
721KB, 4032x3024px
Hey guys, I was out walking and saw a little baby bird sitting on the sidewalk. I walked away because I heard you're supposed to just let baby birds be and their parents will come help them, but now one hour later he's still there. It's getting dark and the neighborhood cats will go out soon, should I just wait some more or try to do something?
>>
>>2381099
is there a nest above or nearby?
>>
>>2381105
Not that I can see, at least not on the tree he's next to. There's another tree on the other side of the street that seems to have at least 3 bird couples, but I don't think he could've fallen from there and ended up where he is now.
>>
Sun is almost down, pretty sure cats are already on the prowl. Should I just put him on the tree he's close to and hope the cats don't get him?
>>
>>2381122
Yes i'd move him to a safe location, like the tree with birds you were mentioning. You can put him in a basket or similar container and hang it up/wire it on the tree.

When you pick him up, if he seems sick or injured, it might be best to try to take him to a wildlife rehab.
>>
Hi anon. That's a hatchling (which should still be nestbound), not a fledgling (which are the kinds you're supposed to leave alone). Looks like a dove or pigeon of some kind.

If you can't find the specific nest, shred up some paper, tissue, grass, etc. and put it in a shoebox or small basket. Place the bird in open box and put it up high, like in a tree or top of a shrub or something. It's ok to touch the bird - the "parents will abandon young because they smell like humans" thing is a myth - but clear out quickly and don't linger near the nest.
>>
>>2381126
>>2381127
Alright I put him in a small box and put him in a tree. Wasn't quick at all though because reaching the fork in the tree was harder than I thought. Hopefully he'll be sage now. Thanks anons.
>>
>>2381159
Maybe you can check on him in the morning to see if his parents came back and if he's alright
>>
>>2381160
Yeah, I figured I'd do that on my way to Church tomorrow
>>
>>2381179
>going to Church
>saving animals
bless up my man
>>
did he died??
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.