[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the funk do the powers that be want to meme us into eating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1491060602901.jpg (75KB, 892x563px) Image search: [Google]
1491060602901.jpg
75KB, 892x563px
Why the funk do the powers that be want to meme us into eating bugs. They have a feed conversion efficacy similar to chicken. What's the point besides degrading and humiliating the civilized cultures?
>>
>>2379547
>eating bugs
I eat chickens that eat bugs. Am I thereby eating bugs by proxy?
>>
Because with the threat of overpopulation booming ever closer, some people want to create more sustainable/varied farming in the form of insects, which would help alleviate food based shortages.

Nobody wants to humiliate anyone for no reason. Why would you even assume that?
>>
>>2379547
>requires much less space
>emmits much less greenhouse gases
>much cheaper for small entrepreneurs
>more nutritious
>needs less food
Are you this much of bitch that you think eating insects will make you uncivilezed somehow?
If anything it is more civilized to be more efficient.
>>
>>2379547
If you eat crustaceans, you shouldn't be complaining.
>>
The kind of people who push insect farms are often coincidentally the kind of people who are squeamish about genetically modifying grains to grow in the wastelands of sub saharan africa.
>>
>>2379632
>insect farms
trivially easy
>genetically modifying grains to grow in the wastelands of sub saharan africa.
expensive and difficult to impossible.
not everything is about what you want it to be about
>>
>degrading and humiliating
why do you find eating insects degrading? do you equate the size of your food with the size of your penis?
>>
>>2379614
They are not any more efficient. 2 pounds of feed leads to 1 pound of bug meat.
2 pounds of feed leads to one pound of chicken meat.

There is no difference in land usage to produce the protein for chicken or bug. I think it simple must be sadistic pleasure to put middle class westerners on their knees and be humbled like a mud eating african.
>>
>>2379582
Over population is a myth. Birth rates are falling across the world. Especially the developed. As more people in developing countries have access to education and health services, their birth rates will level off and decline too.
>>
>>2379693
They can thrive on shit that chickens can't, as the cost of the efficiency ratio you'd get from better feed. Sorta like pasturing cattle on scrubland because you can't grow crops on it.
Plus you can stack more bins of bugs in an area than you could fit chickens.
The people that argue for it to be the sole source of protein are nuts, but it could be a good resource. As it is, most of my pets are fed from cultures that are fed from my food waste.

I wouldn't mind more plants that could grow in the Sahara either. Isn't a loss of trees anchoring shit down causing the desert to expand?
>>
>>2379701
Farmed crickets are generally fed vegetable based chicken feeds iirc and silkworms need mulberry leaves.
>>
>>2379706
They're being fed with whatever will grant the highest yield, not as a dumping ground for waste.
>>
>>2379696
we're already overpopulated idiot
>>
>>2379693
the retardedness of /pol/ never ceases to amaze
>>
>>2379693
>There is no difference in land usage to produce the protein for chicken or bug.
What the actual fuck
>>
>>2379743
It would take the same amount of grain to grow a pound of crickets as a pound of chicken.

The feed conversion rate is the same.
>>
>>2379802
They can be feed different things than chicken and this has no impact on the space they occupy.
A pound of chicken needs way more space than a pound of crickets.

Is this oppressing and humiliating for you too?
>>
>>2379547
imagine you are a wheat farmer.
You have a big farm.
Oh no, a swarm of locusts appear.
1/3 of your crop is devoured.

now do you wallow in misery that 1/3 of your crop is destroyed or do you grab a net and make some locust chips to eat?

It's not like we should start insect farms or some stupid shit like that, but if the bugs are there, why not eat them?
>>
>>2379693
if this is not clever trolling consider suicide
>>
>>2379696
You don't get it, do you? We wouldn't have the environmental problems that we're facing today if we weren't already overpopulated. Even if the population stopped growing today, we'd still be in deep shit.
>>
>>2379696
>birth rates falling
>still above death rates
>wtf is math
>>
>>2379547
It's trendy. And since plebs were encouraged to get into """"science"""" they've brought it down to their level. Frankly, humans shouldn't be eating animals at all.
>>
>>2381068
People can't photosynthesize you retarded ass vegan.
>>
File: cooking-grubs.jpg (43KB, 400x300px)
cooking-grubs.jpg
43KB, 400x300px
insects r delicious
>>
>>2381154
Vegans are the kings of broscience, don't bother feeding his desperate cry for (You)s.
>>
>>2379696
Any number above 1 billion is too much already. Eugenics programs when.
>>
The simplest answer is usually the correct one, and the simplest answer is that it has something to do with the Lizard people running the world governments.
Maybe they're tired of having to put up fronts eating people food, so it's just easier for them to make eating their natural diet acceptable.
>>
>>2379547
>become gay
>bring in immigrants
>race mix
>white males shouldn't breed
>jail all blacks
>support Israel
>don't believe in science
>vilify pitbulls
>don't farm
>eat insects

It is just one more thing to add to the pile, OP.

>>2379582
>>2379717
>overpopulation

No such thing. The more civilized a people become the lower their birthrates. This is a historical fact. Even if there were 100 billion people on the planet, it'd still not be overpopulated. That doesn't mean your way of life would be the same.

>>2379826
Crickets aren't as delicious. Some of us also don't produce chitinase and don't break down the exoskeleton. Which is like passing a brillopad in your stool, fyi.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.