[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me please /an/ My dog died giving birth and i'm very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: 20170510_140556.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170510_140556.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Help me please /an/
My dog died giving birth and i'm very concerned about the pups.
I'm trying to force feed them milk with a syringe so they don't die of hunger and trying to keep them inside (like 70 °F) so they don't get cold.
Is there any other thing i should do? I just want them to make it through this vulnerable age.
>>
put them in a bag and throw them down a hole

legit that's what my great grandpappy did when his doggo gave birth

he also was a sheep herder in rural Cyprus and it was a different time so that's not a very good idea

I forgot where I was going with this
>>
>>2378141

Call up local rescues and see if there are any nursing mothers who can take on a few more pups. Ask them what you can do in the meantime. I did this with some kittens and the rescue group provided me with formula and care tips until a better equipped foster could take them.
>>
>>2378141
Make sure you boil the milk before giving it to them and than filtrating it so the fat is left also dont give them boiled milk cuz thats stupid. Also try giving them rice water not alot just a few sips it holds somewhat of a caloric weight so they dont get diarehea from drinking only processed milk. Make sure you keep them worm with hotwater bottles or something in 2 to 3 weeks they should be good to eat heavier stuff.
>>
>>2378150
You better not fucking misinterpret anything you would not be the first incompetent troglodyte who kills yunglings because of autism
>>
google the fuck outta raising puppies, friend

you need to find some great instructions and follow them to the letter and not just ask for help on a slow board
>>
>>2378141
You should try to keep them a little warmer. Try heating a bottle and wrapping it in a towel, but make sure they can get away from it if it is too hot. You should be giving them puppy milk, DO NOT give them cow milk. Water is better than cow milk. Don't force feed; theres a higher chance of them aspirating on the milk when it's being forced into them. If they are newborns I am assuming they are not too dehydrated yet, but if they get too dehydrated they won't be able to properly digest the food. Both the milk and the puppies need to be warm for the puppies to digest the milk.

>>2378149
Try this first. Newborns without mom have a high mortality rate. Also you should be doing this >>2378170 too. You will get information much faster using google.
>>2378150
adding to this; When you put the milk on your skin, it shouldn't feel hot or cold. maybe a little warm, but any warmer and it's too hot.
>>
>>2378149
>>2378150
>>2378170
>>2378215
Thanks a lot guys. I moved the dogs to my bedroom because it's the only room in the house with a minisplit. I set it to 80°F. Should it be higher?
I'm afraid I have no access to dog milk just yet :( but I'm trying to prepare cow milk as this site specifies
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2108&aid=863
I also called a fella that works on a vet clinic and asked him for a foster mother, and he said he will bring her here tomorrow morning.
>>
>>2378234
Cow milk should increase their chances for now but is NOT for long term feeding. The best option is definitely a foster. Good luck anon.
>>
What country are you in? If you have pet stores, buy puppy or kitten milk.
If neither, you can use goat milk which you may have more access too.
>>
>>2378260
Thanks man. I only plan to use cow milk until tomorrow, until the foster mom gets here.>>2378266
I'm in Mexico, the closest pet store from here is a pet n' go about 30 miles from here. If tomorrow the foster mom doesn't get here, i'll go get dog milk there.
>>
>>2378234
>I also called a fella that works on a vet clinic and asked him for a foster mother, and he said he will bring her here tomorrow morning.

Good stuff anon, best of luck! I'm sad to hear your dog passed away during birth, but glad you are doing your best to save the puppies.
>>
Yeah, the sadness quickly turned into worrying. But now i think we have the situation under control, i just gave milk to the pups and some of them did actually suck the milk from the syringe by themselves!
She will not die in vain...
>>
>>2378421
>>2378234
good luck op, sorry about your loss, thank you for working so hard to do the best thing for the puppies
>>
Fill a sock with rice and microwave it, it's how we kept some little rabbits warm when our pup ate the mother.
>>
>>2378460
same

good luck doing her proud OP
>>
Thank you for all your help and support guys, I really appreciate it.
>>
File: 20170511_042127.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170511_042127.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I need your help. One of the puppies got something strange in her left eye. What is it? Should I separate her from her siblings? What can I do to treat it?
>>
>So many comments
>not ONE calling on OP for not spaying his dog and needlessly bringing more dogs into the world, and basically causing his dog's death
I'm ashamed /an/ons.
>>
>>2378721
He's from Mexico. We can't do much for people in shitty countries.
>>
>>2378716
Why is that puppy wet?

>>2378721

Those look like Belgian malinois puppies. I think OP did it on purpose.
>>
Another one of the puppies was lying on top of her and peed. They do this very often, even though I rub their genitals after each food so they pee. Three of the puppies were moist the last time i gave them milk, and I don't want to use a hair dryer, so I'm drying them with towels.
Yes, they're Mallinois puppies.
>>
>>2378721
He lives in a very shitty country, which I have noticed is usually the case when people come on here with orphan pups. I don't expect much from Mexico at all, and I also don't give a fuck about Mexico or their utterly insane dog overpopulation issue which is worse than most 3rd world countries. As long as the spics and their dogs stay were they are and create a problem away from my country. We have enough spics creating dogs in America.

>>2378716
That eye is fucked my man. Is there any kind of vet you can bring it to? It will need to be removed or infection can hit the brain. How old is he? He doesn't need to be removed from the litter yet. The eye itself is not contagious and eye issues are common in newborns when they are all piled on each other, getting bits of piss and shit in their eyes.
>>
I'm calling him but he doesn't answer.
I'm going to call a taxi and take them to another vet, I might even find a foster mother faster.
>>
>>2378721
>life is bad
>>
Im sry for u..
>>
>>2378751
>US dog population: 70 million
>Mexico dog population: 15 million
>thos mexicans bringing dogs to muh country
>>
>>2378916
>Pet overpopulation
>Tfw spics can't into statistics
You need to go back.
>>
>>2378928
>no one said 'pet'
>redneck cannot into read
Go back to /pol/
>>
>>2378936
>Dogs are not pets
Go back spic
>>
>>2378939
Not the anon you replied to, but i have to agree with him on this one
I mean, yes, Mexico is a shitty country with a shitty culture and is the cause of drug trafficking networks getting to the States (because who else would it be? Fucking Canada?), but blame them on pet overpopulation in the US is just stupid
>>
>>2378939
>Every pet is dog
>Muh statistics
Fuck off retard
>>
>>2378751
I just came back from the vet. Sadly you were right anon, the vet said that he will try to save the eye, but the pup will most likely be blind on that side. I also asked to check the other pups, he said that eye thing wasn't contagious, but he will check them anyway.
>>
>>2378721
part of supporting decent pet owners is not seeing everything in black and white. all situations differ. as stated, OP is in Mexico so the rules and the responses are different. if nobody trashing on OP was such a red flag to you, you should have read the thread in its entirety first.

anons from countries or areas where veterinary care is limited shouldn't be trashed on. it's not their fault. it's easy to forget that when you live in an urban area with a vet clinic every ten miles.
>>
>>2378962
No one is being blamed for the pet overpopulation in America, the only point was that Mexico has a worse problem with homeless dogs than America. Anyone trying to argue that Mexico has a better wrap on it's overpopulation issue than America lives in a bubble and has never step foot in Mexico.
>>2378970
Every domestic dog was meant to be a pet, you dumb spic. Every domestic species, even if feral, was bred to be a pet and work for or with humans and still has those characteristics of being bred domestic in their genes, and will for many generations.
>>muh statistics
I bet you believe illegal immigrants aren't more likely to commit crime too, huh?
>>2379198
If OP was purposely breeding 'mals' he's a big faggot though. Now one of his dogs is partly blind and worth less than nothing, and another dog died because of it.
>>
>>2379201
You know what? You're a delusional autistic fuck.
Go fuck your cousin or some redneck shit faggot. And don't even try to learn statistics by the way, it's way off your league.
>>
>>2379454
Says the person that can't understand simple concepts like a bigger area with more people would have more animals. Hmmmm really makes me think.
>>
>>2379454
Also
>Every dog is pet
>Every pet is dog
>Uses them intercheangably
So you're a dumbsgit on logic and statistics, well done
>>
>>2379457
>Mexico: 1 dog for every five people
>US: 1 dog for every seven people
Learn to divide faggot
>>
Why the fuck when anyone mentions latin america/china/black people every thread becomes race shitposting?
What is this board? Fucking /pol/?
>>2379201
You're a fag
>>2379454
You're a fag
>>
>>2379461
Thanks for proving my point
>>
>>2379648
Actually he got the facts backwards kek
At least with the data he >>2378916 >>2379461 provided
>>
>>2378916
Where are you getting these numbers? Your ass? In 2013 the biggest city in America euthanized over 6,000 shelter dogs in one fiscal year. In Mexico City, roughly 20,000 street dogs are killed monthly. That's brutal considering the population difference. Even a decade ago, major shelters in NYC still were not euthanizing as many homeless dogs in a whole year than Mexico City is currently in a month.
>>
Don't sell the to the Chinks.
>>
I found this on teh interwebz
No idea if it's reliable tho, mexico doesn't even appear
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.