[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a six week old German Shepherd puppy. Naturally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20170508_160748.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170508_160748.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
I've got a six week old German Shepherd puppy. Naturally she's chewing on anything, including me. Any tips to make sure she doesn't build a habit of it when she's not so tiny and harmless?
>>
>6 week old

give her back to her mother you puppy milling piece of shit
>>
>>2377928
It's not ideal but it was the only way we could get her, the breeders were selling the puppies. She was one of the last ones left.
>>
>>2377928
She's the only dog we have, by the way. She's getting constant attention and supervision, is doing very well at adjusting, and we're speaking closely with the vet.
>>
>>2377925
All are gonna teeth, just daily training and supervision. I recommend toys she can chew on, my GSD had a rope you I'd wet and stick in the freezer, the chill helped numb her gums as she teethed
>>
>>2377952
She has a rope she really likes, chilling it is a good idea I will try that
>>
>>2377930
Then you REALLY need to give her back. No good breeder gives the dogs away less than 10-12 weeks old. I can almost guarantee you that your dog with need at least 1 multi-thousand dollar surgery to fix genetic issues the breeder didn't give a fuck enough to breed out.

Seriously, dogs need to be with their mother and siblings until 10 weeks at the earliest to learn important socialization skills like the biting inhibition you're dealing with now. Bring this dog back and buy from a REPUTABLE breeder that does proper socialization and health tests on both the parents and puppies
>>
>>2377930
>>2377934
You might think you're "saving" this dog from a bad breeder but you're just perpetuating that breeder to have more litters of dogs that probably won't be saved.
>>
>>2377958
Is it just you who keeps repeating this bait or there are more memers?
>>
>>2378115
I mean the vet has said she's fine at this age, so I'm not really listening. We're not calling up the breeders to give her back.

The breeders were referred to us by a relative, us and the relative got puppies because the dogs were about to be moved 6 hours away from us.
>>
>>2378291
sounds like you and your family are a bunch of retards

enjoy your crappy neurotic dog that more than likely will develop painful, expensive orthopedic issues
>>
File: 1475706017461.png (102KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1475706017461.png
102KB, 625x626px
>>2377925
>>
>>2378115
There are several of us that are more properly informed and actually give a damn about our pets well being over our own temporary pleasure
>>
Hey OP that aint a GSD pup in your pic

So lucky for you you won't have to deal with all the issues you would normally have buying a GSD from a moron.
>>
File: 1494192143784.png (189KB, 406x564px) Image search: [Google]
1494192143784.png
189KB, 406x564px
>>2378618
You telling me /an/ can't even recognize dogs? Coming here with questions was a silly idea.
>>
>>2378718
Anon is right, it's a mix or at best very poorly bred GSD. It's bad when you can tell it's not purebred as a puppy. But you shouldn't expect much out of BYBs
>>
File: everychance.jpg (67KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
everychance.jpg
67KB, 640x360px
>>2377925
Hey OP, I too have a german shepherd puppy. He's 5 months old now and I did for him what I did for all of my dogs. I give them a cool carrot to chew on. Some people like to freeze them because it helps numb ther gums but I play it safe and just keep them in the fridge. Typically I give them the fat ends so there is no fear of choking.
>>2377928
>>2377958
>>2377988
>>2378336
These people are all correct. I understand not wanting to return your dog but be prepared for anything. I have a chow mix I got from a puppy mill (didnt know back then) and he's been hyper aggressive and a pain to deal with. Not advocating to get rid of your pup, but you should give her some milk replacer and be extra vigilant for issues like dysplasia. IT CAN AFFECT PUPPIES. When it comes to GSD sadly it's almost necessary to get one from a certified breeder who does genetic testing. Otherwise there is a high chance the dog will cost you far more in the long run, and live a shitty quality life.

>pic related
>>
>>2378766
You know GSD can be different colours right?
>>
>>2378291
>I mean the vet has said she's fine at this age,
>6 week old
Unless there are circumstances you haven't mentioned, it is highly unlikely a vet would be ok with this.
>>
>>2378775
The vet was okay with it, said she's healthy and just needs supervision.
>>
>>2378786
>weening at 6 weeks
Maybe your vet is "OK" with it because at this point it basically is what it is.
6 weeks is entirely too young to pull a pup, and any competent vetenarian would agree with this.
However what's done is done and you can only move forward at this point. You will experience behavior issues, but they could still be manageable. You will probably face other health problems with the dog because of bad breeding, to what extent remains to be seen.
On the other hand there is a chance your dog will live a happy and healthy life, nothing is set in stone.
Good luck, and please educate yourself on the responsibility of caring for an animal, and maybe next time you won't be in this position.
>>
>>2377925
Get yourself a spray bottle and fill it with water. When you see her chew on stuff spray the fucker in the face.
>>
>>2378775
of course the vet's ok with it

vet is seeing dollar signs all over that shitty puppy
>>
>>2378773
Of course. That's not what makes it not a GSD though.

>>2378775
When you're a vet you just role with the punches Because the majority of people only bring their animal in after legally being required to.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.