[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any breeds of dogs that look evil/menacing (like pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 1490254244092.jpg (43KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1490254244092.jpg
43KB, 630x630px
Are there any breeds of dogs that look evil/menacing (like pic related) but still make good pets and won't bite non-aggressors?
>>
Dogo argentino are big and intimidating but they're actually very good with people and love to get attention
>>
File: irishwolfhound[1].jpg (116KB, 750x564px) Image search: [Google]
irishwolfhound[1].jpg
116KB, 750x564px
Irish Wolfhounds look huge and intimidating but they are too damn happy all the time.
>>
also what breed is on the left?
>>
>>2377054
Norwegian Elkhound
>>
>>2377067
>Norwegian Elkhound
Wow this dog looks really cool. A shame I'm not much of a hunter and thus wouldn't really be a good owner for it since it'd be mostly domesticated.
>>
>>2377047
Boxers are said to be naturally protective, but mostly have the temperament of a family dog.

Bull-mastiffs.

German Shepherds, especially with the modern association of them with police. They're naturally protective as herding dogs are, extremely intelligent, wary of strangers, but gentle with their families.

Dobermans, but they're relatively slender (even the European ones) and only look truly intimidating with their ears cropped, which I don't recommend. Extremely safe dogs to own, however.

Irish Wolfhounds, like >>2377053, except I've heard they're usually aloof and can dislike strangers. They get very attached to their families.

Note that you will have to buy a puppy specifically bred for work or sport if you want a dog that you can count on to protect you/your property if shit hits the fan. Some of their protectiveness has been bred out to make the dogs more suitable as companions and show dogs. Still, they're naturally suspicious of strangers, so socialization is important to prevent undeserved aggression.

If you want a dog that just LOOKS scary, but doesn't actually have the temperament to back it up, look into:

Leonberger.

Pyrenean Mountain Dogs.

Newfoundlands.

St. Bernards.

Great Danes.

The first breeds I mentioned, if bred for show or companionship.

There have been some studies on dog aggression and ranking dogs (low, average, high) in four different types of aggression—owner-directed, stranger-directed, dog-rivalry, and unfamiliar-dog-directed—so you should probably research that, as well.

Buy from a reputable breeder, socialize your dog, and train it well. Good luck.
>>
File: 14156976589.jpg (27KB, 218x222px) Image search: [Google]
14156976589.jpg
27KB, 218x222px
>>2377053

They make the best of the few years they have on this earth.

Wolfhounds don't live very long...
>>
File: IvirXwnt.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IvirXwnt.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>2377050
Too bad people think they are pitbulls
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.