[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canned cat foods without carrageenan? I feed my cats canned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: cat.jpg (89KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
89KB, 1100x619px
Canned cat foods without carrageenan?

I feed my cats canned food, because I care about them not being dried out. Dry cat food only has 5-15% moisture in it, while cats need about 75% because they don't have a strong thirst drive.

Anyway, the food I give them now has carrageenan in it and I need to find a canned cat food that does not have this poison in it, preferably without any gums either.

I know ideally I'd be buying them organic meats and feeding it to them (no spices of course as they are bad for cats and onions and garlics and chives are poison too) but let's just say I'm not the one paying for their food so I can't ask the person doing it to go that far with the money.

SO give me a as healthy as possible canned cat food, without carrageenan in it.

Would like to avoid BPA too if possible
>>
>>2376270
I heard Weruva was pretty good, but I have no idea if it's up to your standards
>>
>>2376567
i'll look into that
>>
Organic doesn't mean it's better anon.

Research the company that you want to buy from, not just the ingredients list. If it's a good company, they'll be doing the research for you on good food and not adding shit like what you are afraid of.

If it's a bad company, then words like 'organic' and 'bpa free' aren't going to mean jack shit because they will look for and find lupeholes.
>>
>>2376270
Carrageenan seems moderately safe, but it's just a flavoring agent to get your animals to suck up the food like madmen. It can be removed from the diet.
>>
>>2376633
It's a thickening agent derived from kelp. I don't know if it's as bad as people in the cat community make it out to be. It's a small sliver of an ingredient used in cat food (it's also in almost every thick dairy product humans eat).

I appreciate anyone who wants to feed their pets better and safer food. I just think the carrageenan thing is blown up.

Sheba and Fancy Feast are decent brands if artificial coloring doesn't scare you.

I and Love and You, and Purina grain-free Beyond are good, a little more expensive than the first two but not too much.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.