[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't botanical gardens more popular? >There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2520.jpg (121KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2520.jpg
121KB, 600x450px
Why aren't botanical gardens more popular?
>There's 6,000 tigers in Texas but not a fucking place to see a rafflesia flower.
>>
Probably has something to do with danger to ecosystems.
>>
>>2375975
There was a rafflesia bloom event at the Houston Museum of Natural Science a few years back
>>
I suspect its harder to keep a variety of plants alive than it is animals

all the plants need different things and constant care. A tiger you just throw a steak at every once and a while and it will take care of itself
>>
>>2375975
I know of far more botanical gardens in my country than zoo's.

I kind of want to make a small spice garden/apothecary historical site for visitors to teach housewives about medicinal plants.

Also, arboretums can be difficult to start up because trees are lazy and need ages to grow.
>>
Animals are easier to appreciate than plants so it's only natural that normies are drawn to animals more than plants.
As for botanical gardens, most of the visitors aren't there to appreciate interesting plant species but just for relaxation among the grass and trees.
I'd love it if I could go to my cities botanical garden and see 100 different native utricularia species or a collection of native terrestrial orchids but why would they spend there scarce funding on something that wouldn't attract many visitors? Same for rafflesia.
>>
File: 1489345635703.jpg (19KB, 243x216px) Image search: [Google]
1489345635703.jpg
19KB, 243x216px
>>2375975

No, Anon.

You cannot simply go into a botanical garden and stick your dick into that.
>>
>>2375975
I'm surprised anon, every Australian city seems to have a botanic garden. We've got way more than we have zoos/tigers.
>>
There's one of those at Moody gardens in Galveston.
>>
there's a lovely botanical garden about 3 hours from me, we visit it every once in a while
>>
File: raffloosle.jpg (80KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
raffloosle.jpg
80KB, 600x400px
Lots of nice botanical gardens in the southwest, but GOD DAMN I have been waiting my whole life to see a Rafflesia in person. WHEN!?!
>>
>>2375975
i guess its considered a waste of space and land :-/
>>
File: IMG_0542.jpg (252KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0542.jpg
252KB, 1000x1000px
>>2375975
>tfw botanical garden 5 minutes from my house
>take qt's there for dates in the spring
>pussy for the cost of entrance tickets for two and get to see beautiful flowers plants all day long
>>
>>2376105
Botanical gardens which are owned and subsidized by a university are usually better than city botanical gardens because they are aimed at serious botany students, not normies who want to lie on the grass.

My university's botanical garden is 1/100th of the city's one in size, but within that tiny patch of land I can see
>a 200 year old welwitschia mirabilis
>a desert house with hundreds of succulent species
>an annual victoria amazonica blooming event where the gardens are open all night
>a large apothecary garden
>>
>>2376191
>implying this actually happened
>>
>>2376227
>Implying nothing good ever happens to anybody
>>
>>2376227
Not that anon, but it works. Chicks love flowers, and if you can take them around a place like that and show them all these pretty, interesting flowers, and seem like you know an iota about them, your gold. Maybe it's just a place I feel truly confident.
>>
File: 1200px-Longwood_Garden_002.jpg (354KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Longwood_Garden_002.jpg
354KB, 1200x800px
I just moved back to the east coast and can't wait to hit up Longwood Gardens again.

Anyone know of any other good botanical gardens in the east PA, NJ, NYC area?
>>
>>2376164
>>2375975
they smell like rotting flesh that's why. also they have extremely specific breeding conditions and the flower is only there for that extremely short period of breeding
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.