[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the best bird feeder ever made in the history of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

what's the best bird feeder ever made in the history of bird feeders for like $15-$20?

i better have birds all up in this thing or i'll be back here you bastards..
>>
it's too late, all the birds flew away!

thanks for nothing!
>>
File: feeder.jpg (86KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
feeder.jpg
86KB, 800x563px
Here it is the cheapest project of it. Do not thank, bro.
>>
first of all it's too late even for Canada, there are already babies for retards to pick home
second, do you even have the closed nest types of birds around you, search that
third, it's whatever. Hole is big enough only for your bird you researched, not bigger, a stick thing like on your pic to sit near the opening, and nail the box really high in a cat proof place on the tree in some calm place with more trees around and stuff.
>>
>>2374744
thats ugly and you suck if you put that in your yard
>>
>>2375150
You are right but honestly if the winter is really sucky who cares about how the feeder looks, it's kinda emergency.
>>
>>2375150
The thing with mirror pieces shown on the first photo looks also ugly. Of course, the thing I posted is made "of shit and sticks" as we say in Russia, but you asked for the cheap project, as I see, and here it is.
>>
>>2375164
the first pic isn't ugly
>>
>>2375169
Look from the point of view of birds. These glamourous mirrors will frighten them off. Make a bird feeder of wood, and keep calm.
>>
Bird feeder?

It depends. There isn't really a "one size fits all" feeder. There are many different feeder types and food types that will attract many different bird types.

There are of course nectar feeders for birds like hummingbirds and orioles, and suet feeders for insect-eating birds, such as mockingbirds and woodpeckers.

But if you're talking about seed feeders, there are three main types. Hopper feeders, tube feeders, and platform feeders. Hopper feeders are popular because they can attract a variety of small to medium sized birds. Tube feeders can help you attract smaller birds like finches. Platform feeders are preferred by ground-feeding birds like towhees and doves.

Black oil sunflower seeds are probably the most universally popular seed that many different birds love. I'd recommend getting a good quality mixed seed with lots of black oil sunflower seeds.

I have a hopper feeder mounted on a pole in the middle of my yard filled with a mix of black oil sunflower seeds, striped sunflower seeds, safflower seeds, millet, and cracked corn. It attracts a good variety of birds, such as mourning doves, Eurasian collared doves, California towhees, house sparrows, house finches, and white-crowned sparrows.

I'd definitely recommend it as a started feeder. Just go on amazon or to your gardening store and get one you like.
>>
>>2374726
remember to sprinkle cayenne powder into the seed or squirrels will wreck your shit
>>
>>2375310
In USA it is actual, because your grey squirrels behave like bandits. In Europe and Russia there is red squirrel, less harmful for birds. But there are birds like magpies and crows which may eat all the seeds. Also in winter it is very good to feed birds with pork fat (non-salted!). Then, magpies willingly eat mice got into mousetraps.
>>
>>2375149
A bird feeder isn't the same thing as a birdhouse you maroon
>>
>>2375183
This, the mirror pieces look like the eyes of a predator.
>>
File: 9770.zoom.a.jpg (49KB, 432x410px) Image search: [Google]
9770.zoom.a.jpg
49KB, 432x410px
>>2375310
Or just use a baffle
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.