[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found this little cat on the street, his mother didn't want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 20170506_110518.jpg (276KB, 958x557px) Image search: [Google]
20170506_110518.jpg
276KB, 958x557px
Found this little cat on the street, his mother didn't want him (she was around, ignoring him).
The vet is closed until monday. I gave him food and a warm place to stay... What is wrong with his eye? Is he in pain (doesnt look like he is)? Any advice at all? Should I clean the eye with tissues? Chamomile? Leave it alone?
>>
>>2374419
Not sure about the eye but you should feed it enriched formula for kittens.

https://www.petsmart.com/cat/food-and-health/food/milk-replacers/gnc-pets-premium-kitten-milk-replacer-enriched-powder-5158159.html?gclid=CLrIo6CJ29MCFZqNswod-PoMKw&lsft=utm_source%3Agoogle%2Cutm_term%3A5158159%2Cutm_medium%3APLA%2Cutm_content%3AGSC%20-%20PLA%20-%20Consumables%20%7C%20Cat%20-%20Food%20

Poor little guy. You did good by taking it in anon
>>
>>2374419
http://www.urbancatleague.org/MedicatingFerals

Read section; Viral infections, for eye treatment
>>
>>2374419
Keep me updated on his progress if you can anon. I made the two previous posts.

[email protected]
>>
Boil some water, let it cool to lukewarm, and then add salt until it tastes as salty as tears (or look up measurements for saline solution if you prefer). You can use that to gently rinse/clean his eye for now - he should still see a vet when they're open for a general health check, but that will help to soothe it and wash out any discharge. You can use tissues or cotton balls to clean the caked-on discharge around the eye, then use another clean tissue/cotton ball to gently drip some solution on/around his eye, and the blinking should help to wash it out.
>>
Thank you so much guys. I hope he will be alright.
>>
>>2374419
You should take the mom in anyways. Mother cats are not always fawning over their kittens, especially if they themselves are starving or sick. They are more likely to take care of kittens if they feel safe and are being cared for. Kittens have a better survival rate if they have a mother cat. If nothing else, she will be a nice space heater for the kitten. Make sure the mom cat is actually a mom (lactating) before you bring them together. Otherwise you will have to keep the kitten warm. He looks like he is on the verge of eating solids (another reason mom may be ignoring him), but he will still need some KMR milk mixed into the foods he is weaning on, and as a supplement. Make sure the milk is luke warm and that the kitten is nice and warm before feeding.
>>
>>2374419
I'd strangle it and throw it in the nearest dumpster.
>>
I've found tons of kittens but they are always black or brown tabbies while everyone else finds long haired calicos, torties, points and white cats. I'm jealous OP.
>>
>>2374834
I found a little brood of Siberian kittens
>>
>>2374834
Probably because it's the same cat that is fucking
>>
>>2374832
CRAWWWLING IN MY SKIIIN
>>
>>2374419
Hes a beauty anon. I hope you keep him
>>
>>2374419
If you want to keep him, keep him
Don't try any home remedies unless its backed by a credable source
Otherwise just take him to the vet
Little guy does look cute though
t. Dog person
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.