[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Share a sappy story about how you met your best animal friend,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: dr doolittle.jpg (304KB, 856x482px) Image search: [Google]
dr doolittle.jpg
304KB, 856x482px
Share a sappy story about how you met your best animal friend, /an/

I could use some cheering up. I lost my cat Frankie today to kitty cancer. I had him for fourteen years.

Here's our story. We met when I was in high school, doing community service at a local animal shelter. There was this feral kitten that had been giving the shelter staff hell. He wouldn't let anybody handle him and was an incredible escape artist. He was covered in dirty wounds and fleas, and obviously sick, but hadn't been treated due to his uncooperative nature. The vet on duty figured he was unadoptable anyway, and asked me to go get him so he could be euthanized.

I went to go catch that cat, figuring I'd have to wrap him up in a blanket or something to keep him from fighting. To my surprise, the little white bundle of fur not only let me pick him up, but curled up in my arms, purring. It was the damnedest thing. I asked if I could take him home, and after the vet warily examined him, I was told it would be too expensive to sew and clean him up. Somehow I convinced the staff to let me take him home instead of putting him to sleep. I emptied my bank account of everything I had saved up from my my part-time jobs, and took him to a 24 hour vet clinic. It took a couple thousand bucks worth of treatment, and months of giving him meds and wound care, but he did heal. He grew into the biggest, baddest, most playful siamese I've ever seen. He used to ride on my shoulder, loved taking showers with me, and had figured out how to open doors and turn faucets on and off. That cat was such a weirdo, but so sweet. RIP Frankie - meeting you was one of the best things to ever happen to me.
>>
>>2371972

<3
>>
goodnight, sweet prince

;_;
>>
Husband goes outside to take out the trash. Sees a little dog, is like "oh great I'm gonna have to chase this dog all over the neighborhood", and calls for the dog.
Dog doesn't give two shits about playing chase and practically jumps into husbands arms. Super affectionate and happy and a total sweetheart.
His tags say he's from like 20 miles away. We fawn over him, all "poor thing he's been through so much", he loves it. Call the number on the tags, they never pick up.
Turns out the little shit escaped from foster care at a house down the street. Foster owners find us with him and said they were looking for a permanent home.
Kept him, give him vidya name, all is well.

He's our little old man now, he's gonna be around 12 this year. He's super cuddly, and the perfect balance of energy and chill. He is also the most trusting thing ever. He's the best.
>>
>years ago as a child
>dad brings me out to shelter to get a dog
>look at all the dogs barking and jumping up at the kennel doors
>see one dog in a kennel sitting in the back
>he's shivering and looking away
>try to call for him
>he looks at me, starts to get up and puts one paw off the bed
>as soon as his paw hits the ground, the dogs in the kennels on either side start barking at him furiously, probably mad that he is getting attention
>he quickly shuffles back into his raised bed, curls up facing a wall
>decide then that he is going home with me that day
And that was the start of about 10 or so years with that dog. God damn he was the best dog I've ever had.
>>
File: 20160809_162527.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20160809_162527.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
>6 years ago
>live with a bunch of roommates
>getting ready for bed
>roommate has to leave to pick up family member at the airport
>pops back in a few minutes later
>says to me and my gf "Hey guys I almost ran over this puppy and now he's just chillin downstairs"
>gf goes into giddy mode
>puppy cute as fucking fuck
>bad worms
>"lets just worm/neuter and find him a home
>fast forward 6 years
>gf is now wife, Mr Henry is now a big goofy dipshit
>>
I've got a few, Anon.

Doggo #1
> be around 3 years old
> Dad and I are at the park
> Dad spots a Cocker Spaniel running loose, catches him, returns him to his owners
> he'd gotten out of their backyard, they're super grateful
> he recently sired a litter of puppies, owners give us first pick of the litter

She was a feisty one and loved to play fetch.

Doggo #2
> Doggo #1 has puppies
> one of them is born with rickets
> while his brothers and sisters are getting adopted, he's still with us because we're taking him to vet appointments to get stints placed on his legs and allow his bones to grow right
> naturally get attached to the little guy
> super cuddly dumb-dumb who liked to sit in my lap, even when I was driving
> he and his mom share the same cushion when sleeping; look like a big pile of fluff

Despite his initial physical problems, he ended up outliving all of his siblings by at least 5 years (he lived to 17)
>>
>>2374240
> cont'd

Doggo #3
> Mother's Day
> Dad brings home a "surprise" for Mom
> pulls a rott-mutt puppy out of his backpack
> Mom is livid, says we can't afford another dog (Doggo #1 is dead at this point, but still)
> Doggo #2 quickly teaches Doggo #3 who is boss in the house, but they are bffs within months
> Doggo #3 is super sweet, loves to roll over and get her belly rubbed
> Years pass, Doggo #2's health starts to deteriorate and he begins to lose his sense of hearing and sight
> Doggo #3 recognizes this, so much so that when we ask her "where is Doggo #2" she'd go and get his attention and they'd walk back to us together
> learns how to catch and kill mice and rats

Doggo #4
> Doggo #3 in mourning after Doggo #2 passes away
> Years later, Mom sees ad for cocker puppies and brings one home
> Doggo #3 initially doesn't accept her, gets muzzle put on for safety
> one day put both of them outside so new pup can get used to backyard
> muzzle accidentally comes off
> panic when I see Doggo #3 approaching pup without it
> she starts mouthing her and rolling her over and playing chase
> bffs after only a few months
> they play-fight over toys, play tug of war, Doggo #4 is a little shit who likes to bother her "older sister" for funsies
> they "talk" to each other and play-bite
> Doggo #3 passes away, Doggo #4 mourns for a bit and keeps looking for her big sis
> fast-forward a few years, around Christmas
> she starts getting sick, listless, not nearly as much manic energy as she normally has
> Mom is holding her and sets her down
> she proceeds to have an accidental #2 on the carpet. A bloody one.
> holy fuck I'm going to lose my dog on Christmas
> several days at the emergency vet and a thousand or so dollars later, she's better (she'd contracted giardia)
> loves to play, full of energy, very talkative when she wants you to throw her toys or play with her

She's 7 now, and I love her
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.