[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Great white shark thread? >What do they do in their spar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: Great-White-Shark-Teeth-2.jpg (809KB, 3957x2827px) Image search: [Google]
Great-White-Shark-Teeth-2.jpg
809KB, 3957x2827px
Great white shark thread?

>What do they do in their spare time edition.

Someone here must have seen one in person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUCTYNTI9tI

Clip related feels like a Universal Studios ride more than real life.
>>
>>2371666
Probably because of the shitty sound effects added in.

Sharks burst to the surface to catch seals, not attack people. Either the shark had mistaken the humans identity or its going after bait with a camera attached.
>>
>>2371670
Good footage though.
>>
What is interesting about sharks to me is that its a fairly large and physically articulate animal, and yet still a fish.

Every single thing in it, from the complex nervous system to its muscle refinements and its senses are all the most you can see manifest in a fish.

The nervous system is especially interesting for a fish. Think of all the refinements for sensory input and motor skills for something that size, and all that biological hardware is maxxing out the capacity of a fish.

Surely there were other species in the past, and Im sure there is much to be said about others today. I just think its interesting that after so long, to see a hunter take its fullest neurological form with all the millions of years of physical refinements and advancements, the apex of fish capacity is in a shark.

It makes me wonder about hunters like spiders. I notice that food collection seems to shape animals in big ways. Predators seem to become smarter problem solvers, or thinkers.

I wonder what spiders would look like if allowed to prey for millions more years and scale up in size. And they are even more simple than sharks.

I guess its down to birds and mammals if one expects to see anything more than eating machines. Birds seem far behind mammals in capacity for thought, but there is a lot of really intelligent ones also; crows, parrots etc.

I remember my first time encountering a parrot at a pet store, an African grey. I found it both enchanting and eerie to see such personality and intelligence from a bird. And yet it was clearly a thinking creature, complete with measured curiosity and thoughtful deliberation.

And I just think its odd that we see that in no species of fish, no matter how advanced.
>>
File: Two-Great-White-Sharks.jpg (619KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Two-Great-White-Sharks.jpg
619KB, 1920x1200px
>>2371670

I thought perhaps the sound was simply altered along with the slowdown of the video speed. Not added, just distorted in the speed reduction.
>>
>>2372707
If all species were allowed to continue evolving for another million years we'd get some very interesting results. Not just for predators, but as you mentioned for intelligent animals in general.

Some mammals like simians, elephants or dolphins already experience complex emotions, I wonder what could that evolve into. And some birds, particularly parrots, have an incredibly advanced personality, I can picture them developing the first artistic culture in the animal world.
>>
File: Great-White-Shark-Wallpaper-Hd-4.jpg (421KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Great-White-Shark-Wallpaper-Hd-4.jpg
421KB, 1680x1050px
>>2372757

Indeed, scale seems to matter. When I see larger birds, there is that more thoughtful deliberation about processing the information from their environment. The shoebill comes to mind. Oddly, ostriches dont seem to posses that emotional restraint.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.