[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /an/ think about Pomskies? Are they not the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: pomsky-headquarters-989x650.jpg (160KB, 989x650px) Image search: [Google]
pomsky-headquarters-989x650.jpg
160KB, 989x650px
What does /an/ think about Pomskies?

Are they not the IDEAL urban dog???
>>
Some of them look ugly and deformed
>>
>>2371170
Meme dog. Ugly, overpriced, inbred, retarded.
>>
>>2371206
>>2371207
o-oh..
>>
Anything mixed with a husky is not ideal for urban life. I've seen Huskies that were mixed with smaller dogs over heat easily due to the thick coat inherited from the husky.
>>
>>2371170
>pomskies
Stop making up words
Anybody who purposely seeks out designer mutts because of their meme status shouldn't be able to own animals anyway.
>>
>>2371224
Agreed. Their cute little fashion statement contributes to inbreeding and puppy mills.
>>
We had one when I still lived with my parents. Looked like a fox - since when was it a designer dog though? It's not really a small lapdog that you can fit in a puppy purse, and they need loads of work/exercise.
>>
>Are they not the IDEAL urban dog???

Huskies are notorious escape artists that howl, have a high prey drive and can turn destructive indoors if they're not exercised thoroughly. Pomeranians are a highly alert Spitz breed that have a reputation for getting barky and territorial and can require firm training as they're feisty little dogs that aren't easily cowed. You CAN keep either in an apartment if you're willing to put the time in training and exercising them, but neither breed tends to be quiet and low-energy and their mutty offspring can have any mixture of their parents' characteristics.
>>
>paying top dollar for mutts
>>
File: Chusky-Dog.jpg (122KB, 610x606px) Image search: [Google]
Chusky-Dog.jpg
122KB, 610x606px
The chunky is superior.
>>
>>2371170
Pretty sure that is a husky puppy. Most 'pomskies' are just different breed puppies, usually husky/mal puppies. Pic related is a finnish lapphund. it's hard to find a real pomerainian husky mix because of how badly people want to sell their huskies for 5k, but they basically look like husky mutts. It's actually very painful trying to find real information on these things. People tend to throw around buzzwords like hypoallergenic, no shed, puppy size, etc etc
>>
This is supposedly an adult pomsky, one that I would actually believe. Kind of looks like a shepherd mutt, a little closer to something I would expect from the cross.
>>
So sick of fucking middle-aged women and effeminate faggots obsessing over their deformed annoying midget dogs because "omg so ca-UTE LOL XD"

You fucking assholes should be put down.
>>
You shouldn't breed large and small dogs together. It can lead to some debilitating bone and joint issues.

My poor guy is GSD, JRT, Greyhound, and beagle. He runs really funny and will probably eventually need hip surgery. He's a sweet boy but he has issues that the shelter "neglected" to inform us of
>>
>>2371324
Neglected? Or simply didn't know? Shelter workers are minimum wage high school drop outs that were fired from pet stores. You can't expect them to know everything.
>>
Northern breed doggos are smart and hard headed.

Huskies have a strong prey drive, and a big demand for exercise and stimulating play.
>>
>>2371326
They outright lied about other things like his energy level and "love" of cats, so probably "neglected." This was also at a no-kill shelter where they had had him for a while so there was no excuse of not knowing about him
>>
i hate husky people
>>
File: 45538629753.jpg (140KB, 540x655px) Image search: [Google]
45538629753.jpg
140KB, 540x655px
>>2371362
>he doesnt like running 10+ miles a day

fag
>>
File: anN3Zb5_700b.jpg (57KB, 619x572px) Image search: [Google]
anN3Zb5_700b.jpg
57KB, 619x572px
>>2371367
>implying most husky owners get their dogs the required exercise daily
>implying most people with big active breeds get their dogs the required exercise daily
>in a world where 1 in 5 dog owners don't even manage daily walks
>in a world where people in hot southern states buy huskies and malamutes and other thick-coat breeds to live a life of overheated suffering

that's funny anon
>>
>>2371356
It's in a shelter, they spend about 5 minutes a day with the dog, and it's usually with the volunteers and not the workers. They generally go with what the owners say. Also my idea of high energy is probably different from your idea of high energy. Most shelters are not allowed to use a real cat for cat testing and go off of what the previous owner said or use a stuffed toy.

No-kill is misleading and does not mean the shelter is rainbows and sunshine. I worked at a no-kill shelter and still euthanized batches of puppies and kittens.
>>
File: image_2.jpg (35KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
35KB, 500x299px
>>2371170
The best
>>
File: IMG_2362.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2362.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>2371303
This is a pomsky who comes to the daycare where I work. Looks believable definitely
>>
>>2371489
No-kill shelters are different in my area. They are a group of people who foster several animals in their own homes until they are adopted out.

They told me that he loved cats and would regularly play and sleep with them. From his reaction to ours (and the later admittance from his foster), he had never even seen a cat in his life. He was so confused and scared.

They also said he was very low energy and just liked to snuggle on the couch. Look at those breeds and tell me he would be a lap dog. He is a high energy sprinter that can't lay with you for more than 5-15 second before needing to jump up and play.

They had him for over a year, so there is no reason they shouldn't have known these things about him. They also didn't tell me had been abused and required a lot of training to overcome difficulties from that. They made him out to be the most perfect, well trained, potty trained, low energy dog ever when none of that was true. They just wanted to get rid of the last of the litter since he was almost 2 and had heart worms
>>
>>2371227
like pure breeds don't?
>>
>>2371963
Yes, this means non designer mutts are the truest master race.
>>
>>2371231
"Designer dog" doesn't mean small purse dog. A "designer dog" is a mixed breed dog (usually combining two popular breeds) bred on purpose for the fad. "Labradoodles" (labrador x poodle,) "pomskies" (pomeranian x husky,) and "puggles" (pug x beagles) are all examples of designer dogs.
>>
>>2372018
Implying that pure breeding is superior?

Designer dog breeds are the future of dog breeding. The most popular will become standard breeds. At one point every dog was a niche breed, just like every chicken came from an egg. Anyone who disagrees is to be taken as an ignorant fool.
>>
>>2372023
Pure breeding isn't inherently superior, but not many legitimately good breeders are involved with designer breeds. Designer breeds need things like genetic testing and health screenings even more than regular breeds due to the fact you never know exactly what combo of traits they've inherited, but designer dog breeders tend to be breeding quickly to make a dollar off the fad for them rather than concerned with improving the breed or having the healthiest puppies possible.
>>
>>2372034
>but not many legitimately good breeders are involved with designer breeds

This - there is a huge difference between something like the original labradoodle breeding programme and the classified ads today that are swamped with jackahuahuas and pugeranians and pomchidoodles spawned from unhealthy little dogs that are bred together based on how cutesy their portmonteau name will be, not because there is any actual end goal in mind. Some of the mixes are a terrible idea, like breeding pugs with Jack Russells or beagles so you could potentially end up with a high energy dog stuffed into a pug-like body, and some just result in a fairly generic looking mutt that is a nice enough dog, but doesn't have any special qualities to justify churning out dozens more of them.

Then there's also the articles that rave about pomskies and husky/corgi or corgi/pit mixes that are usually misidentified photos of other breeds or dogs with dwarfism which neglect to mention that designer dogs don't have a consistent look and won't necessarily take on the cutest aspects of its parents - as demonstrated here, most pomskies are not actually totes adorb tiny little huskies, they're more likely to be an 'averaged out' version of their parents, i.e. a medium-sized spitz.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.