[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i just saw the videos of petco abusing their animals... is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1483934072467.jpg (68KB, 1024x962px) Image search: [Google]
1483934072467.jpg
68KB, 1024x962px
So i just saw the videos of petco abusing their animals... is this legit?? I just bought a few things from there too. Feels kinda bad
>>
>>2369457
Yes it is true!!! Petco store managers gather around on All-Hallow's Eve and plot how their employees can abuse animals.
>>
>>2369464
Well i understand that that in itself varies from store to store, but i was mainly referring to the treatment of small animals from their suppliers. Is that real? Idk peta seems like such a joke nowadays idk wat i can take seriously
>>
>>2369469
it's true. basically all chain pet stores do it. what do you mean by abuse though? chain pet stores abuse by not giving pets the right conditions and space and stuff. if you mean literally hitting the animals then I don't think they do that
>>
File: 1484120656782m.jpg (53KB, 1024x518px) Image search: [Google]
1484120656782m.jpg
53KB, 1024x518px
>>2369470
Yeah just not giving them the right conditions. I guess it's a byproduct of being a big business dealing with massive quatities of animals but its still kinda shady. The smaller owned stores hy me didnt have an xpen so i decided to just get it at petco. It feels a bit disheartening to know i supported the same people who treated those critters badly
>>
>>2369474
they are especially bad with reptiles, fish, and if they even sell them (i don't remember), amphibians.
this is what they stuff betas in and just put them on a fucking shelf like they are objects.
>>
File: wpid-2013-09-12-13-51-051.png.jpg (184KB, 1285x937px) Image search: [Google]
wpid-2013-09-12-13-51-051.png.jpg
184KB, 1285x937px
>>2369573
forgot pic. but don't listen to peta either, they just want no captive animals at all
>>
>>2369573
Whenever I go to petco I'll go over to the betas and check on all of them to make sure they're still moving, cuz half of the time their desperately sucking at the top of the water for air. But I don't really blame petco for that. It's a common keeping practice for betas across the board in pet stores. I'm more upset with the fact there isn't enough of a public outcry or forced reform by ASPCA or other animal welfare groups.
>>
>>2369576
animal welfare groups only care about mammals and sometimes birds
>>
>>2369457
Largely varies by location. My local petco has okay cages for the young reptiles they sell, but only the snakes and frogs have carpet or wood chips. The lizards are stuck on shitty sand but at least the cages are 40bs.

The petsmart keeps chameleons in fucking 2.5 gallon tanks. Shit is ridiculous.

But largely it depends, the petco down where I used to live had a nice huge cage for their chameleons.
>>
>>2369573
>>2369576
bettas*
>>
>>2369710
And they're an air breathing fish.
>>
>>2369714
http://bettacare101.com/mythvsreality3/

"Oxygen poor water contributes to anaerobic bacterial blooms, stresses the gills, and in extreme cases of weak fish who can not surface, may result in death. The adaptations bettas have evolved to survive in stagnant water are not an excuse for improper care during sickness."
>>
>>2369722
I'm not suggesting they should be kept in those bowls after purchase. Just that seeing them surface for air is not an indication of poor health.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.