[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on shibas, /an/. Why they seem to have become so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

Redpill me on shibas, /an/.
Why they seem to have become so popular?
What's their appeal?
Are they good pets?
>>
>>2368661
If you get a bunch of silly and cute pictures of anything it will be popular. Shibes got it easy because they are jap dogs and jap culture is the 'in' thing with hipsters. There is also the whole deal that they supposedly look like foxes, and people love foxes. Also, they are said to be like cats, and cats are already a very popular thing on the Internet.It's basically a trifecta for memes.

In reality they are very aloof dogs, and like cats, they will only sometimes acknowledge your existence. They are stubborn dogs, and coupled with their independent personality, they are hard to train. For whatever reason, the breed as a whole has a tendency towards resource guarding. They require a fair amount of exercise. They are not too keen on guests, and probably should not be left with kids. While they don't bark much, they do 'sing', which you should look into especially if you live in an apartment. They are intelligent, but it can also cause problems with getting into shit and issues in training. They do lick themselves 'clean', take that for what you will. That never appealed to me because they still need grooming and if they ever get in mud or some shit, they would still need a bath. Of course they are good pets for someone, but they apparently are not good pets for everybody because I see them and their mixes in shelters.

>http://shibashake.com/dog/shiba-inu-personality-good-bad-traits
>>
File: 2451346376.gif (683KB, 455x471px) Image search: [Google]
2451346376.gif
683KB, 455x471px
Very important channel for this topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc_2WoXNk9o

https://www.youtube.com/user/inosemarine/videos
>>
[screeches externallly]
>>
>>2368665
Eh, thank you.
>>
>>2368661
my uncle has one.

he likes to climb trees and gets stuck every time. it wouldn't be so bad if he'd at least bark out for help, but he doesn't - he just wedges himself in a safe spot and waits for someone to notice him. he is the only dog i know of who really hates walks.
>>
Not op

>They are not too keen on guests
Good enough for me.
>>
>>2368661
theyre basically cats

theyre really stubborn little assholes and can sometimes be hard to train if youre not used to having doggos

Theyre cute AF tho
>>
they're expressive.

They pull lots of faces which humanises them to us and also makes them pretty memeable which makes them popular.
>>
>>2368661
They're the best. They're very clean dogs so they're super easy to house train. They also act a lot like cats so they won't bother you all the time for attention, but they love belly rubs if they feel like it. They're very hard to train (probably because they think it's a waste of time) and stubborn but they're very loyal and protective.

They also live a really long time; ours was 16 when we had to put him down after he had a severe stroke :(
>>
File: 32865618556_74c0129572_k.jpg (441KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
32865618556_74c0129572_k.jpg
441KB, 2048x1365px
>>2368661
Cons:
- Stubborn little shits
- Physically unable to enjoy anything other than running around on random whims
- [autistic screeching]
- Infinite shedding
- Burning hatred for everything that even slightly resembles a dog
- People will think you're a complete asshole who bought a meme dog for your girlfriend to post on Instagram

Pros:
- Cute
>>
>>2368967
Mine is very friendly and just wants to lick them, if he doesn't get to greet them he does the shiba scream for a bit.
>>
File: ??????.png (313KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
??????.png
313KB, 512x512px
>>2368665
everyone loves foxes
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.