[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you guys ever lose your special /an/ ones? My qt just suddenly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: Photo0104.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Photo0104.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
Did you guys ever lose your special /an/ ones?

My qt just suddenly died after no more than 20 hours, i'm quite sad about it.

Found him on the ground unable to fly, gave him shelter and fed him, was well and everything when i left him.
3 hours later found him on his back..
>>
File: op and the fledgling.jpg (22KB, 394x407px) Image search: [Google]
op and the fledgling.jpg
22KB, 394x407px
RIP
>>
Looks like a fledling. They're dumb and it's usually best to leave them where they are if there's no immediate danger around because the parents are most likely near. Sorry you lost it, sometimes it just happens with them, could be it was injured by a cat or whatever before you found it.
>>
you killed him
>>
>>2368590
>r9k

You either killed it out of fear or it killed itself OP
>>
you tortured it to death. it was healthy and happy when you found it.
>>
>>2368608
>>2368607
why would i kill him?
i tried my best to keep him well and happy
i just wanted to nurse him until he's big enough to be released.
>>
>>2368590

sorry to hear it OP. At least you tried. Baby birds are very difficult to save. I dont know why. You can give them food, warmth, bedding, care and constant attention and for some reason, they are difficult to keep alive.

I suppose it could just be stress screwing with their metabolism and immunity. It rarely goes well. There are stresses upon it we wouldn't even know. It seems entirely internal with no clear connection to anything around it.

It may be the lack of familiarity or repeated shocks of fear to a huge primate lumbering about it. Im convinced it must be something metabolic; you hear of it so often. Which could tie into stressed emotions.

For example, it doesnt take much stress for an animal to consume food but not be able to properly digest it, or for a stressed creature to become physically sick from the amount of stress induced hormones circulating in it. Once its knocked out of whack, it can be very hard for an infant creature to make a soft landing thereafter. Even human infants die of inexplicable frailty sometimes.
>>
>>2368590
>not even birbs could take spending time with you so they kill themselves
>>
>>2368610
>i just wanted to nurse him until he's big enough to be released.
yeah you killed it op. just fucking leave them alone. what do you think juvenile birds do in the wild? go get help from a human? of course not you retard. also, you are only further proving that the shithead people like you kidnapping birds only want to do it to have a qt pet
>>
File: bff.png (580KB, 640x462px) Image search: [Google]
bff.png
580KB, 640x462px
>>2368763

oh just stfu

you little faggots that run to your keyboards to attack people rendering compassion to animals as if it takes some great moral wisdom to do nothing

the same twats that buy pets and visit zoos so you can come home and jump on the internet to proclaim how immoral it is for them to exist without your approved standards

oldest /an/ kiddie schtik in the book. Just stfu already

probably the same freaks that get creepy pets to look edgy and think there is some deep god-complex to feeding mice to snakes
>>
>>2368610
>find fledgling
>have no understanding of how birds develop
>take it away from its parents anyways, stressing it out to death
>but i kept it comfy xD
Please don't reproduce
Just google what to do when you find a fledgling next time (hint: nothing)
>>
>>2368794

You sound like the type of person to put sugar free nectar in a hummingbird feeder because you're worried about the hummingbirds getting fat.
>>
>>2368794
compassion is a shitty substitute for intelligence
>>
kanker mogool
>>
>>2368794
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

The bird probably died of stress or inadequate food.
Fledgelings are unable to fly when they leave their nest for a while; their parents are always nearby and feed them on the ground.
>>
>>2368794
Just accept the fact that you have no idea what you are doing and are a blundering fool
>>
>>2368794
>that filename
thanks for proving my point
>>
File: 1491354944349.jpg (129KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1491354944349.jpg
129KB, 1200x675px
>>2368794
You aren't compassionate if you killed that bird and stressed its parents.

Ignorance won't lead you to compassion.

Stop projecting what you think the userbase is and try to inform yourself next time instead of embarrassing yourself. By doing this you may actually start to help the animals you love instead of harming them.
>>
>>2369132
>Stop projecting what you think the userbase

Or...

You could save your lectures for that point when you can distinguish me from OP.

Its true that the attempted rescue of baby birds is often a mis-perception of the situation, and often isnt.

Here's one for you: tell me what the character of a society is where people who know they dont know anything about baby birds, discover one in distress and do nothing anyways.

The crowd who always rush to these threads to squawk and hoot the virtue of doing nothing seem to miss that. You scolding them for not being born knowing about baby birds, and not leaving the animal abandoned while they take a course on ornithid development. No, the 'error' you people rush to emphasize is have the compassion that distinguishes them from the unfeeling ape that would do exactly that: nothing. In sum, thats the 'flaw' unless you wish to argue that everyone should stop and learn some arcane topic in a perceived emergency.

Its one thing to inform people who perceive a situation incorrectly and make a natural decision that there was an error in perception and response.

Its another to claim they should 'already know' that compassionate instincts are wrong in some cases, and seem to think everyone lives up the street from a rescue that will take a wounded mouse, and then savage them online for it. You got brats in the inner city using kittens as kickballs and this is the crap people want to focus on to moralize.

The human-on-human version of this is the guy who performs a life saving maneuver on someone incorrectly and then gets sued for it by the victim he saves. I just dont have any patience for it. Sorry. Not everyone is James frigging Herriot, and thank god a lot more people give a shit to do their best when they see a creature in distress. The whole time they are waiting for mama bird to return, Felix the neighbor's cat is waiting for you to leave. Enough with the /an/on knows best crap.

And I clearly need more whiskey.
>>
File: 1493386829453.jpg (675KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1493386829453.jpg
675KB, 1500x1500px
>>2369144
>tell me what the character of a society is where people who know they dont know anything about baby birds, discover one in distress and do nothing anyways

That would mean they don't care about the bird and yes, they aren't compassionate.

>The crowd who always rush to these threads to squawk and hoot the virtue of doing nothing seem to miss that. You scolding them for not being born knowing about baby birds, and not leaving the animal abandoned while they take a course on ornithid development.

Don't caricature the situation. I'm pretty sure people here "scold" the posters to encourage them to do research. No one would want people to act like assholes and leave the bird on the sidewalk because they just don't care.

A good (ignorant) individual would take the bird home, do research, find out that he shouldn't have taken the bird home and then bring it back to where it was.

Also, don't forget where you are, of course people are going to be rude.

>The human-on-human version of this is the guy who performs a life saving maneuver on someone incorrectly and then gets sued for it by the victim he saves

No, it would be a guy who performs a life saving maneuver on someone incorrectly and then he gets told by anonymous vietnameses that he did wrong.

Again, don't forget where you are, rudeness is expected

So every time someone posts a thread about a baby bird he brought home should instead receive replies filled with compliments?

>Wow what a good boy, you did good!

No, /an/ is right to inform them that they did wrong.

I think what you would want is people replying with a little more softness as to not discourage the poster. But that isn't happening here.

>And I clearly need more whiskey

Off topic but I hope you aren't in a case of alcoholism. Don't forget it doesn't only harm you but also others you love.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-29-20-21-55.png (380KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-29-20-21-55.png
380KB, 1080x1920px
>>2369144

>You scolding them for not being born knowing about baby birds
>the 'flaw' unless you wish to argue that everyone should stop and learn some arcane topic in a perceived emergency

Pic related are the first hits for the search "what to do if you find a baby bird." This is not arcane knowledge where you must quest to the highest mountain tops to get the secrets of birds from a hermit. This is basic investigation. No one is spitting on you for being compassionate, but the results of not wanting to take 3 seconds to Google some answers is quite lazy. I would rather have a society where people who know they don't know anything about baby birds, discover one in distress, and research some answers.
>>
File: 1493062461012.jpg (131KB, 741x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493062461012.jpg
131KB, 741x960px
OP's a moron
>>
>>2369188
But anon, they don't teach us any critical thinking skills in school
>>
>>2369274

Most of the time kids want to update their Snapchat story more than engage in activities that improve critical thinking.
>>
>>2369275
I don't even know what that means. I'm from 1991, not 2005.
>>
>>2369277

That's good. You got out before cell phones ruined everything.
>>
File: 1493308589358.png (2MB, 1072x1124px) Image search: [Google]
1493308589358.png
2MB, 1072x1124px
>>2369274

No, schools produce kids that react to perceived emergencies by looking at their phones for credible information on the internet.

Those students develop in a culture where the premise of human decency is that you're doing the world a humane favor by killing children in the womb, and if you point this out on said internet, you are a heretic.

So there's the future of humanity: people who value life consult the web for credible data as a response to a perceived emergency while supposing that if the value of life can't be expressed by allowing young creatures to die, then we should actively terminate it.

And people wonder how the Chinese became the way they are. The West is fucked, its over.
>>
>>2369281
>talking about animals and google
>suddenly ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION
I literally cannot read whatever it is that you are trying to say. Are you diagnosed?
>>
>>2369282
>everything I don't like is autism

Topkek you sure showed him, lol I'm posting this on my Facebook. Thanks for the laugh, my fourchin friend! :)
>>
File: 1481345371099.png (139KB, 540x358px) Image search: [Google]
1481345371099.png
139KB, 540x358px
>>2369281

>don't research to make the most informed, logical decision about a wild animal or you will abort human babies
>>
>>2368590
My green anole Rocky

>he could actually be handled unlike most anoles
>was chill as fuck and would sleep while sticking to my shirt as i sat at my pc
>one day he got black spots
>couldn't afford a vet visit and didn't know what to do
>died a week later

i only had him for 2 months and he was the best damn pet i ever had
>>
I hope this is b8

>>2369220
This NEEDS to be stickied, at least in spring. Please mods.
>>
>>2369281
That's the same anon that replies to every post he doesn't like with "I bet you voted for trump"

Truly a brainlet.
>>
>>2369144
>ignorance isn't compassion
>yeah but we didn't know!
retard
>>
>>2369281
>discussion about birds
>PEOPLE ARE KILLING BABIES THE WEST IS FUCKED!
fucking trumpanzees. this is why nobody likes you, /pol/
>>
>>2369309
you should probably know how to use google and have enough money for a vet before getting a pet.
>>
very sorry to hear that :( I'm sure you tried the best you could but the bird would have been better off in the wild
>>
>>2368610
>i just wanted to nurse him until he's big enough to be released.
it already was.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.