[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this dude okay? I got him from a weird ass pet store a while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1030.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1030.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Is this dude okay? I got him from a weird ass pet store a while ago and it closed down recently
I did some research and I think he's got a calcium deficiency
(I'm gonna change the water) but as you can see there's dirt in the. He's active but so are the crickets.
This guy sometimes doesn't eat them.

You can see the cap with calcium but he doesn't even lap it up it doesn't seem. How do I force feed this dude some calcium?
Sometimes he won't eat the crickets or mealworms with calcium on them.
>>
>>2366027
You might need to get a syringe if he won't take it willingly. Just get him used to being held first so the compound stress of being grabbed then force fed won't stress him dead.

He's got a pretty fatty tail and from what I know about leopard geckos that's a good sign because he hasn't depleted his fat reserves. Just try to let him eat when he feels ready or you could try warming his belly in order to stimulate his digestive system.

If this doesn't improve his condition I'd suggest just finding a nearby reptile or exotic animals vet who can check him over.
>>
>>2366036
I got the thing to warm his belly, he is okay with being handled a little bit.
>>
>>2366027
Look up vitamin c affects on lizards, helps pretty much all mammals
>>
Your leo does not appear to have symptoms of metabolic bone disease in this photo. He does not have to dip in to the calcium dish if he is getting enough from his regular diet of calcium dusted insects. You are dusting the crickets, right? Do not attempt to force feed your gecko calcium.

Also, remove loose crickets within 12 hours if gecko doesn't eat them. They will antagonize the gecko (they bite).

Double check your temperatures. It should be 90 on the warm side at ground level and 75-80 on the cool side.
>>
Looks pretty healthy to me OP but his enclosure is shit
Calcium deficiency is rare in Leopards
I see no signs of deformities.
His tail is decently fat.
>This guy sometimes doesn't eat them.
Adult Leopard Geckos only need to eat a few times a week and even then are very picky.
>>
>>2366027
Doesn't look like calcium deficiency at least from this one pic, and his tail is already really fat. How many times a week do you feed? When did you get it? How's your setup?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.