[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any animals that naturally like spicy food? Like most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: salsa.png (2MB, 1100x793px) Image search: [Google]
salsa.png
2MB, 1100x793px
Are there any animals that naturally like spicy food?

Like most of them seem to gravitate toward sweet things like fruit or savory like raw meat. But I can't think of an animal that if you encountered it in nature and set down a bowl of salsa in front of it that it would gobble it up.

Why do animals not like spicy food? It's delicious.
>>
Pretty sure pajeets like spicy food
>>
The avian TRPV1 receptor is insensitive to capsaicin. In practice, this means that birds are completely immune to the pain-inducing effects of hot peppers either in the mouth or the intestinal tract.

This means that birds are often the major pepper-eaters in the animal world, and they help to germinate pepper seeds with their shit. But it's not for the spiciness, they merely enjoy the flavor of the fruit.
>>
>>2363990
Animals don't like spice because most things that produce capsaicin do so to repel predators, not attract them.
>>
>>2364002
Is that how it works for all birds? I feel sorry for them, spicy food is great and they're missing out.
>>
>>2363991
Nice!
>>
>>2364196
Yes but you would think at least a few animals would adapt such as the plants have done to be able to tolerate it or even enjoy it. Plus, like fruits, there are lots of seeds in peppers which could benefit from being fertilized by some larger mammal or reptile in an area further away then plants or wind could take the seeds.
>>
>>2364319
Birds, motherfucker. Birds don't feel pain, peppers are just normal fruit to them.
>>
>>2364319
large brains allow us to alter the perception of heat. The taste of hot isn't a taste, its actually pain.
>>
File: 1457381119303.jpg (11KB, 236x328px) Image search: [Google]
1457381119303.jpg
11KB, 236x328px
>>2364340
Birds don't feel pain.
Birds don't feel remorse.
Birds don't feel pity.
Only anger.
>>
File: CDS8M5-XIAA2Do4.jpg (68KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CDS8M5-XIAA2Do4.jpg
68KB, 600x800px
>>2364002
The general theory is that plants evolved capsaicin to ward off mammals eating their fruit since mammalian teeth would grind up the seeds.

Did you know that chicken raised on peppers lay eggs with bright red yolks?
>>
>>2364501
Why tho? Is it healthy for them to eat so many peppers?
>>
>>2364501
Never heard of that before but it's interesting. Do their eggs taste different?
>>
>>2364501
>Did you know that chicken raised on peppers lay eggs with bright red yolks

are they spicy though
and what if theyre raised on blueberries
>>
>>2364539
>blueberries
Blue + yellow =green
Green eggs and ham
Sam I am
>>
animals just eat what they can since they cant taste it,they just eat the healthiest and best available. have you ever recognized how shredded a monkey is
>>
>ywn be a birb and devour a bowl full of ghost peppers for breakfast
>>
>>2364642
I remember an article on an on-foot mailman and the things they have to deal with, and one of the things he had to worry about was wild turkeys on his beat and that the repellent spray that mail personal carry to ward off dogs is capsaicin based so it didn't work for the turkeys.
>>
>>2364540
Someone should really try this.

>>2364745
>being so much of a pussy you get owned by turkeys
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.