[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys i posted here once like a couple years ago with a picture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1cqbs9q80yhy.jpg (37KB, 700x757px) Image search: [Google]
1cqbs9q80yhy.jpg
37KB, 700x757px
hey guys i posted here once like a couple years ago with a picture of a bird i saw and i asked what it was and you guys responded right away with the right answer and i just wanted to say thanks for being so helpful that one time this is a good board
>>
This board has some good folks. I remember when my dog passed away and I posted on /an/, the response and sympathy really helped.
>>
What kind of bird was it?
>>
I'm gonna jump in with my own post because I've been meaning to make a thread along similar lines.

A few months back or so someone made a thread saying something about how animals don't have weekends or vacations; they work every day of their lives to put food on the table and keep surviving.

At the time I thought it was a stupid thread, and I made a comment pointing out that it was stupid because my pets don't work any day of their lives and even if they did animals don't have tables to put food on.

But I got to thinking about that thread later on. I'm just starting my career and my life as an adult, and it had been really bothering me how little free time I seemed to have. Every day seemed to be completely consumed with work; I would work, come home, eat dinner, and barely had any time to myself before I had to start getting ready for the next day of work and get to bed. It seemed unfair to me that I only really got to enjoy myself on weekends: was I really only going to live my life for 2 days out of the week? Was that worth it? What kind of life is it for me to live if I only get 2/7 of it doing what I enjoy, what I do for myself? It seeded a very existential sort of dread in me about my life would mean for me.

(cont)
>>
>>2363680

But that one thread gave me something of an epiphany. I realized I was looking at things all wrong. Who said that I was supposed to be able to spend my whole life doing what I enjoy, and working for most of it was some injustice? Not nature. The rule of nature was what that one OP said: most creatures work every day of their lives, nearly every waking minute, just surviving. They don't have the fortune of free time or hobbies. The only reason I had even those 2 out of 7 days to myself was because of what we've achieved through our ordered society and our civilization. What free time I was promised, as little as it seemed, wasn't less than the norm: it was far more. The fact that I had to work as much as I had to just meant that I was a creature, living on God's earth like any other, and if I wanted to survive I would have to work for it, like any other.

So that thread, that I at first decried as stupid, actually ended up significantly shifting my perspective on life. I'm still not entirely happy, but I don't mind working as much as I did before, because it's just a reminder that I'm a living creature that's beholden to the rules of nature, and I'm not entitled to any special privileges or utopian pleasures.

So on the tiny chance that the OP who made that thread reads this, I want to thank you: your stupid thread changed my life more than you probably could have imagined.

Or maybe that was your intention all along.
>>
>>2363682
Good goy.

Tbh people should aim to work part time more often
>>
>>2363649
Do you still have the picture?
>>
>>2363688

You can't live comfortably working part time unless you live in a third world country. Full time is called "full" for a reason.
>>
>>2363690
>>2363671
God dammit OP
>>
>>2363691
>You can't live comfortably working part time

Yes you can. You just have to get a $$$ job.

Stem works most of the time
>>
>>2363861
>Stem works
Not if you're a brainlet
>>
https://youtu.be/hbcmnI4Nmbk
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.