[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /an/, I found this birb in a grass yard in a city, Netherlands.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

File: birdtame.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
birdtame.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Hello /an/, I found this birb in a grass yard in a city, Netherlands. It was super tame and sat on my hand. I think it's somebody pet birb that got out / was dumped and I wanted to take it to the vet. It was perfectly healthy and flown away after I walked it abit.
>>
File: 1287415977520.jpg (72KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1287415977520.jpg
72KB, 600x400px
>tame
you could say by the look of its beak it's really young
it's young, cute and stupid
good work letting it go
>>
File: fauvette.a.tete.noire.redu.5g.jpg (72KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
fauvette.a.tete.noire.redu.5g.jpg
72KB, 800x600px
>>2362232
OP posting about how he found and caught a bird in spring makes it sound like one of those "I found a baby bird and took it away from its parents, what do I do now" threads. However, in my opinion the bird in that photo doesn't really seem to have typical baby bird qualities, such as the distinctive yellow rims on the beak. I think it looks like an adult Eurasian blackcap female.

Blackcaps aren't kept as pets though, and I'm not sure why the bird allowed OP to catch it. Maybe it was dizzy from hitting a window or something, and it needed some time to recover before it could fly away?
>>
>>2362221
>Not evolving him into a Pidgeot
Do you even want to win a national Pokemon league?
>>
>>2362272
>pidgeot
>not using glorious talonflame and +1 priority gale wings
>>
>>2362279
Have you even played sun and moon yet, anon?
>>
Jij kut mogool. Die vogel word buiten het nest nog gevoed door de ouders.
Zet hem terug.
Onzin over t ze mensen ruiken maakt niks uit zet het terug. Het is stil omdst het onder stress staat of mogelijk vat hij niet wat eraan de hand is.

Zet die mus terug waar die vandaan komt!
>>
File: x0vjs.jpg (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
x0vjs.jpg
8KB, 205x246px
>>2362418
WHY
>>
>>2362671
gale wings was nerfed hard
>>
File: memerocks.png (34KB, 834x600px) Image search: [Google]
memerocks.png
34KB, 834x600px
>>2362279
Anon, I...
>>
File: 2017-04-23 06.22.49.jpg (130KB, 941x721px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-23 06.22.49.jpg
130KB, 941x721px
>>2362244
>seem to have typical baby bird qualities
the ones thatclearn to fly and explore the world outside the nest (called "Ästlinge" here in Austria) DO NOT have these "distinct baby markings" as you call them.

at this stage they run/fly around outside of the nest, but are constantly watched and fed by their parents
their defensive mechanism is to stay perfectly still and they are very "tame"

best to just place them on a high hedge or tree and make sure the parent's can see them

why thy fuck are there so many idiots that think these baby birds need help?
Y'all should know by now

pic related, one I found yesterday, just placed it on a big bush, just in view if the parents. They came immediately after I left
>>
>>2362272
>>2362279
>>2362418
>>2362897
>admitting knowing any of this
>>
>>2363669
>not being true to yourself and others
>>
>>2363669
>>2363792
>>
File: 6303.Baby Blackcaps 051.jpg (1MB, 3459x2304px) Image search: [Google]
6303.Baby Blackcaps 051.jpg
1MB, 3459x2304px
>>2363617
Pic related is what blackcap fledglings look like. Compare it with the picture in the OP and this bird >>2362244

Fledglings have those yellow rims on the beak, and their feathers often look kinda disheveled compared to adult plumage. OP's bird looks like a normal adult bird that should be able to fly already, I don't see anything fledgling-like about it. If it had been a noticeably young bird, picking it up would've been stupid, but since it was an adult bird that allowed a person to touch it, there was something off about it and trying to help it was acceptable. Also, instead of attempting to treat the bird by himself and asking /an/ for instructions on that, OP tried to take the bird to the vet so it could be treated by professionals. He did well enough.
Since the bird eventually flew away, it sounds like it was just temporarily stunned from something that had happened to it.

But you are correct in that usually these threads involve baby birds, and people tend to pick up birds that should be left alone. Wish we could get a sticky about that.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.