[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a pack of doggos raised in an urban area be able to survive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: dog-pack-2-1000x600.jpg (147KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
dog-pack-2-1000x600.jpg
147KB, 1000x600px
Would a pack of doggos raised in an urban area be able to survive on their own if they were dropped into the middle of a forrest?
>>
No.
They'd die out pretty quickly. Even if they weren't raised in an urban area.
>>
Unless someone brought them dog chow, they would fucking die.

Dogs aren't wolves, they can't hunt down big game.
>>
>>2361867
>implying they wouldn't be able to track down the scent of a freshly dead deer within four hours to scavenge from
>>
>>2361870
>implying they wouldn't be able to track the nearby garbage bin from the closest human settlement
More like it
>>
Adult dogs wouldn't be able to form a functioning pack. They're snatched from the litter at nine weeks as puppies precisely to prevent them from getting the pecking order behaviors ingrained in them. Dogs being grouped into a pack like that would basically look like what homeschool autistics do on their first day of high school. None of them would know what to do and they'd just sniff each other's butts until they starved.
>>
>>2361875
>Dogs being grouped into a pack like that would basically look like what homeschool autistics do on their first day of high school.
delet this
>>
>>2361875
>Dogs being grouped into a pack like that would basically look like what homeschool autistics do on their first day of high school.

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING
>>
>>2361854
>possibly, but not most likely
It depends on the dogs and available prey or food sources. Many dogs were specifically bred to hunt or fight, with traits that make them adaptable to most weathers; generally speaking, with some dogs being more specialized than others.

However, to survive in the wilderness as a mammal requires experience and more familiarity. This is why it is usually almost impossible to release many wild zoo or circus animals back in the wild
However, dingo might have actually started out as domesticated dogs that went feral and adapted over time into Australia's top terrestrial predator; were able to compete against the native top predator called thylacine, which was essential a giant Tasmania devil.
So at least some dogs might survive, but likely for smaller game.
>>
>>2361875
Ahem, it said a pack of dogs raised in an urban area. That means, they have to be a pack. So they'd have to have grown up together and such.
>>
File: wtfdoggerfacelaptop.jpg (88KB, 503x341px) Image search: [Google]
wtfdoggerfacelaptop.jpg
88KB, 503x341px
>>2361924
>>2361875
>>2361902

I'm a homeschool autistic
I don't get
>>
>>2362015
so am I
thats why I asked him to kindly delet
>>
File: r1qmhxhp3zpy.jpg (52KB, 719x601px) Image search: [Google]
r1qmhxhp3zpy.jpg
52KB, 719x601px
>>2361875

Better take that back, anon, before I get mad and trace your IP.
>>
>>2361854
>shitbulls looking angry and suspicious
>golden retrievers looking friendly and welcoming
it checks out
>>
>>2361854
One of my dogs absolutely, definitely could. Medium-sized, extremely efficient metabolism, hunting ancestry on both sides, enormous prey drive with proven ability to kill without being afraid of the thing he's chasing, immense fitness and agility and capacity for greater fitness, plush double coat suited to most climates except very hot ones, a preparedness to fight for resources.

He'd do fine with a bunch of dogs just like him.

My other dog? Dead within a few days.
>>
I think they'd be okay as long as they didn't come across any predators.
>>
>>2361854
Im not sure if my dog could do well in a pack, but on his own he's already managed to catch a bird in flight, countless lizards, and even a squirrel while on the fucking leash.

I imagine that being a starving dog and having a bloody animal in front of you would teach you quick to eat what you catch, and he can certainly catch it. I don't know how smart he would be concerning predators but he seems to want to run more than have a confrontation.

So I think he has a strong chance.
>>
My current dog I think would be fine, she's a good hunter and has a high prey drive, I don't think she'd have too much trouble. My old dogs, certainly not, poor puppers.
>>
I got a dachshund.... She's a survivor.
My jrt/chihuahua mix would do well if his previous owners kids didn't break his jaw when he was a puppers...
>>
Has anyone ever actually seen packs of wild dogs? About a decade ago I was walking my collie mix around on a new trail across a river I had never been on before and I saw a pack of different breeds wandering around -- it was next to a highway and I assume a popular doggy dumping ground. I GTFOed before they noticed me.
>>
>>2363734
Did they look friendly?
>>
>>2363734
yeah about 25 years ago I was homeless for a while.

so I was camped out behind the city dump where nobody would bother me. I was shooting bottles with my .22 and I heard some barking. I turn around and there's maybe 10 or 15 dogs of all sizes trotting out of the woods straight towards me. I was scared so I yelled at them. A couple stopped but most of them kept right on jogging my way. I fired my rifle up in the air but that didn't faze them at all. They were getting pretty close and I was really getting nervous.

one of the things you quickly learn as a homeless person is that stray dogs bite.

So I shot the front dog in the face. He screamed and turned around but didn't run. The rest of the dogs stopped. So I shot the lead dog twice more in the ass and he took off running. The rest followed. I don't know if he lived or not, probably not. But I live in a place so cold strays probably couldn't survive the winter. So maybe I did him a favor.
>>
No.

To be fair, you and a bunch of bozos I plucked from the city wouldn't be able to survive on your own if I dropped you all innawoods a couple hundred miles from any recognizable civ too.
>>
>>2365180
haha maybe because a couple hundred empty miles without roads and power lines on this current 7500m Earth mean crazy temperature places like leg breaking mountains, cold mosquito shithole pine forests, deserts, snow deserts, thundra deserts, stone deserts etc where the weather would cook me before any predator would
>>
>>2363734
Neat, i ran into a troop of about a dozen mix breed cats, about half were some sort of persian
>>
>>2362185
JAMMED
>>
>>2366438
i was debating on making it tens of miles because i knew how much of a nu-male you were
>>
My dogs have eradicated the squirrel population in my 3 acres of backyard within a single year. They've killed quite a few rabbits and recently found a nest. We moved here from Philly. I'm pretty confident they'd survive just fine. Then again I have REAL dog breeds, not those toy shits and meme rats that pass for doggos these days.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.