[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you meow back at your cat? Do you have meowing 'conversations'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: meowing-and-yowling.jpg (410KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
meowing-and-yowling.jpg
410KB, 1200x630px
Do you meow back at your cat? Do you have meowing 'conversations' with them?

I do. Sometimes I just meow for no reason at her.

God cat people really are crazy
>>
I used to do it but he's deaf now
>>
>>2361124
How loud did you meow?!
>>
File: English+Fantail+Pigeon+16[1].jpg (47KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
English+Fantail+Pigeon+16[1].jpg
47KB, 520x390px
I coo at my pigeons and they coo back.
>>
File: 127253337244.jpg (84KB, 465x448px) Image search: [Google]
127253337244.jpg
84KB, 465x448px
>crazy
it's the same as uguu-ing to babbies but harmless, I see nothing wrong with it
you feel good and the cat is getting attention
(in the case with human babies you waste their learning time)
>>
>>2361116

I used to but he seemed to get annoyed about it.
>>
File: 1487643928582.jpg (845KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487643928582.jpg
845KB, 1200x800px
>>2361171
Why do some animals do that?
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (758KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
758KB, 2448x3264px
>>2361116
my cat is super talkative to the point where people who have owned multiple cats their entire lives meet my cat and say "wow she's talkative" and yes we have meowing conversations but its not occasional 2 or 3 meows back and forth, its she meows somewhere in the house, i meow back, repeat about 4 times until shes in my hallway, she meows, i meow, she walks into my doorway, meows, and wont enter until i meow back. Once i do, she comes over to my bed and does the same thing. Its actually pretty frustrating sometimes but her meows are more like little high pitched rolling of the tongue sounds and chirps so theyre cute and i usually dont mind. I think this either has something to do with what ever breed she is (which i believe she might be a bombay) or it maybe has something to do with how i treated her as a kitten. When i first got her i was 10 or so and she was so terrified of being in a new place with new people that she ran under a cabinet and wouldnt come out for a few days. Being that i was 10 i was scarred she wouldnt come out and would starve to death so i grabbed some food and put it under there for her. Over the next couple of days she slowly got more and more comfortable around me and let me pet her. Like a day later she came out when i was there and i was so worried about her being scared i ended up treating her like a baby. I carried her everywhere when i was home and i would watch tv with her on my lap for hours. Unfortunately she was still scared and would only come out of hiding for me and would follow me everywhere. If she wanted to find me shed meow and id meow back and wed do this until she came to me. Now shes an old cat but still has sort of a "kitten look" to her. Shes just as energetic as when she was a kitten but now she loves people and always goes to greet anyone who opens the door. So idk if its her genetics or not but she meows all the time.
>>
>>2361116
No. I talk to my cat like a normal fucking human.
>>
>>2361484
>i make slightly different vocalizations my cat interprets as weird meowing anyway
>>
It's okay OP. Rabbit people are crazy too. We touch noses with our buns and have "conversations," through nasal wiggles. I've also had grunting and honking competitions with him before. Lizard people, especially bearded dragon owners do something similar where they'll wave at their dragon, it'll wave back, and then they'll tilt heads at one another.
>>
File: ermahgerd kity.png (352KB, 580x437px) Image search: [Google]
ermahgerd kity.png
352KB, 580x437px
>>2361116
>>
>>2361116
Not exactly, I would have uttered normal words and phrases with meow-type tone-swings (ie. inflection).
>>
>>2361493
Or do they interpret their meows as human vocalisations? Huh? Ever think about that?
>>
All the time
>>
>>2361171
Talking to babies is good for their learning
>>
>>2361541
speaking actual words to them is
retarded googoo sounds arent
>>
>>2361116
I meow at my dog.
>>
>>2361116
I don't meow back, I just talk normally to him
the way I see it, he's 65 in cat years, he doesn't need baby talk
>>
>>2361658
>cat years
Oh god, is it 2000 all over again ?
>>
When he was a kitten we used to have cat conversations all the time and he would always come to me when I meowed. Now its only when I come home.
>>
>>2361116
meow
>>
My cats at my mothers are talkative. sometimes I can have conversations with them if they are excited about something.
>>
https://youtu.be/_rTLL3fP6P0
>>
File: IMG_20170420_044015.jpg (36KB, 317x335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170420_044015.jpg
36KB, 317x335px
>>2361116
Yeah
>>
>Cat comes into room
>Looks at me, cocks head to one side
>Mao?
>Look at cat, say "Mao MAO mao"
>Cat says "MAO mao mao. Mao."
>I say "Maoo!"
>Cat says "Mao. Mao mao mao mao mao mao. Mao-mao."
>Turns around and walks out
>Wonder what I said to him
>>
>>2362354
sounds like a talk with my s.o. we geniunely meow at each other, at cats, at dogs and sometimes - by embarassing accident - at other people. we still can convey general gist...
>>
File: No You Dont Understand.jpg (36KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
No You Dont Understand.jpg
36KB, 900x675px
>>2362354
You successfully got rid of your cat.
>>
>>2361116
I sometimes randomly make a dog noise at my dog
Not all of them are really barks but they are sounds he makes
>>
>>2361501
I think that humans are just such a vocal species and our lives revolve around language so heavily, it is more abnormal for us to not mimic and try to 'talk' with our pets.
>>
>>2361658
Nearly all pets are kept in a state of permanent baby-hood by their owners.
What marks adulthood for animals is being able to care for yourself, leaving your home to be independent, and eventually finding a mate.

Pets do none of these things. Like puppies they must be fed, like puppies they must be protected from threats, like puppies they do not leave the home and never will. Most pets will not breed.

Most pets mentally are not true adults.
>>
I eventually bark at my cat
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.