[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most intimidating dog breed that's good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 13

File: CaneCorso_(23).jpg (104KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
CaneCorso_(23).jpg
104KB, 800x600px
What's the most intimidating dog breed that's good for guarding my home and yard? Must be able to make friends with my golden retriever. I know that's mostly socialization, but I still don't want a breed that's going to throw some autistic shitfit.
>>
What do you want it for? Just to look scary? Or do you want it to also be aggressive?
>>
Probably an Ovcharka or Tibetan Mastiff

Enjoy getting killed by your dog
>>
>>2359090
Boerboel. Big, strong, scary, aggressive when need be, friendly otherwise. Tibetan in cold climate, never get an ovcharka. If you only own a retriever, it's too much dog for you.
>>
File: educat1.jpg (38KB, 562x397px) Image search: [Google]
educat1.jpg
38KB, 562x397px
Get a rottie. They're like labradors with nigger-tier reputation. You can also get a dogo argentino, idk.
>>
>>2359090
Just get a couple of pitbulls. Things are so unpredictable nobody will want to fuck with it.
>>
>>2359136
>never get an ovcharka

Why?
>>
>>2359164
They're really niche, really expensive, really hard to train, really aggressive dogs that most people can't handle. They're bad with kids, bad with other pets, and terrible in the states if you value not getting your $5000 dog shot to death.
>>
Question: my girlfriend's family had an incident with a dog. Her sister's boyfriend left a dog at her mom's house without her mother permission. He said it was because his apartment didn't allow pets, but her mom didn't agree to watch the dog. The dude just left the dog at her house. Recently, the dog broke its chain and killed her aunt's dog. Does the family have a case for a lawsuit against the boyfriend because he refused to take the dog?
>>
>>2359183
Depends how long they kept the dog. You should ask a lawyer though. But keeping a dog you don't want for a prolonged time does not look good for their case.
>>
>>2359160
Lol this
>>
>>2359149
eh that phase has really passed. they're kind of scary looking but most people recognize them as not being a danger. At least around me, pits, german shepherds, and akitas are far more restricted when it comes to renting (excluding catch all restrictions like "over 40 pounds").
>>
>>2359234
Just keep the tail docked on the rott, that way people don't know if it's happy or timid. Giant lab or not, it's a 100 pound dog with the potential to kill. To be perfectly honest I miss my shepherd, but I can't imagine a restriction on him more than a rott.
>>
>>2359090
Anything over 20Kg that barks loudly.
Prevents crime better than any "this house shoots first and calls 911 later" signs.
>>
>>2359274
20kg? Try 40. You don't want someone to be able to punt your dog across the house, and you want something big enough to have a deep, intimidating bark. An australian shepherd won't have that effect.
>>
>>2359090
Akita would be my choice but it's cold where I live.
>>
>>2359131
>>2359136
>Implying Tibetans arent just cuddle monsters

The only answer is a Kangal, OP. It is the only dog I've seen in real life and, seeing the huge size of it, actually thought it was fucking intimidating.
>>
>>2359502
It's really hot where I live in Arizona, but on the bright side I have a good half acre for the dog to stretch its legs. That's why I don't want a cold climate dog like a Tibetan cuddle bear.
>>2359547
>It is the only dog I've seen in real life
You should see more dogs. Kangals are big, but if you don't actually know the dog breed, they look and act as intimidating as a pyranees.
>>
>>2359483
The barking doesn't need to be deep, it only needs to be loud. Loud enough to wake up the people in the house, and make the other dogs bark, and wake up people in other houses.
>>
>>2359548
I did see Pyranees and Tibetans and Leonbergers at Crufts this year. In fact most reasonably-popular giant breeds were there. There was one Kangal club with one dog there and this dog towered over everything else. There was a moment things looked iffy between a Tibetan and the Kangal but they seemed chill. A family of Turks got hella offended the English were keeping THEIR dog too.

Dog breed spotting is a thing I like to do. There's plenty of big intimidating dogs but it was the only one there that was physically intimidating to me.
>>
>>2359149
This, rotts are a top 10 natural intelligence dog, canes and rotts are retarded.
>>
>>2359742
>canes and rotts are retarded.
Canes and pits*
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 517x284px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 517x284px
>>2359090
>What's the most intimidating dog breed that's good for guarding my home and yard? Must be able to make friends with my golden retriever.

This fucker right here, a Canaan Dog. Made friends with my 2 year old Golden Retriever almost immediately and is one of the most stranger wary dogs in existence. My 5 month old Canaan refused to let his guard down around my friends even after they gave him a treat and let him smell them (poor socialization attempt on my part). Only immediate family is considered a non-threat. They're not very heavy so they don't look very intimidating at a glance but this breed is probably one of the best watch/guard dogs around.
>>
>>2359183
What would your damages be? The loss of the dog? Legally, all you can get when your dog is killed is the cost of a new dog
>>
File: 1448073908729.gif (1MB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1448073908729.gif
1MB, 300x199px
>Fixed a bug causing the proc chance of Sweet Souls (Artifact trait) to be quadrupled by Reap Souls. It is now doubled, as intended.

>sweet souls
>proc chance
>>
>>2359090
Dogo Argentino.It looks like a giant pitbull.
>>
>>2359929
>dogo

hehe
>>
>>2359149
My nigga.

Rotts are the white man's dog.

German Shepherd's are too try hard.
>>
>>2359090

Aren't dogs naturally deterrants fot potential burglars? I mean, as long as people know you have a dog (and assuming they know nothing of its temperament), you should be fine.

Otherwise, if you really want an aggressive-looking dog, but not necessarily an aggressive dog, get a GSD or Rottweiler if you think you can train and socialize it enough.
>>
MALE Rottweiler

Massive softies but growl to talk and tend to be family dogs (only greeting those they know)

Make sure it's neutered and well exercised to get good muscle tone, I recommend teaching and encouraging swimming.

GSDs are good at guarding people not territory.
>>
contemplating moving to a south or central american beach and having 3 or 4 rhodesian ridgebacks guard the casa
>>
>>2359982
>>2359149
>>2359742

So are rots essentially big sofites with a bad reputation, or are they actually difficult for new owners. Ive never owned one and am considering a female.
>>
>>2361593
My next door neighbour had a rotty and it was a gigantic fucking softie. It was also female, as it happens. It was a very well trained dog and friendly as hell.

My first interaction with it was touch and go because i went in to feed my neighbours cats and to let the dog into the garden one day when they were out and we'd forgotten i'd never met the gigantic fucking rotty before. It was a bit of a staredown but after that it was slobbering all over me and begging for belly rubs.
>>
>>2359236
Tail docking is illegal in the UK now. Well, you can dock the tail of "working dogs", but its pretty limited.
>>
>>2359090

Mastiff. They are gentle giants. Great family dogs, get along with everybody, but huge and scary lookign af. Their bark alone will deter just about anything.
>>
File: Leonberger-Dog-Images.jpg (42KB, 419x377px) Image search: [Google]
Leonberger-Dog-Images.jpg
42KB, 419x377px
>>2361747
This or a leonberger. They're both big and pretty scary, mainly with the deep loud bark.
>>
File: SMASHED.jpg (1MB, 2690x1744px) Image search: [Google]
SMASHED.jpg
1MB, 2690x1744px
>>2359090
The only way to defend your homestead is to buy a GENUINE TOADLINE BULLY WITH CRUSHED BONE GIRTH.
>>
>>2359164
all western-bred ovcharkas are showdogs that dont even pass standard bear tests unlike rottweilers etc, don't fall for the meme breeds anon.

as for OP, a rottie should do it no need to go overboard
>>
>>2362027
why are niggers allowed to breed dogs again?
>>
>what's a scary dog hurrrr

t. mexican faglord looking for a yard decoration

your dog will never defend your shithole propriety you coon bitch ass nigger

you want a guard dog get a mallionis and fucking pay the training
keep it indoors sleeping on the foot of your bed so it kills whoever invades the fucking house

fucking nigger ass moron
>>
File: IMG_20170415_133955_174.jpg (2MB, 3046x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170415_133955_174.jpg
2MB, 3046x1836px
This guys bark sends a shockwave through my body sometimes but he will not bark if he senses a genuine threat and I am around he will just try and take care of business. He is 40kg and will probally end up around 45 - 47kg when he is fully grown.
>>
>>2361770
I want to buy one of these
>>
>>2362122
New fag here, what breed is he?
>>
File: buff_pitty.jpg (28KB, 459x301px) Image search: [Google]
buff_pitty.jpg
28KB, 459x301px
>>2359090
This one
>>
>>2361770
>>2362453
Hella expensive to insure though. Spoke to a few breeders and the only complaint they had was the medical costs.
>>
>>2362493
Eh, i think is a french mastiff x pitbull x rottweiler mix
>>
>>2359177
americans shouldnt get big breeds, your police force is insane and shoots pets without prejudice
>>
File: 145888667544.jpg (27KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
145888667544.jpg
27KB, 320x320px
>>2362501
Those dead man's eyes.
>>
>>2362518

No it is neapolitan, dogue de bourdeux and bullmastiff.
>>
>>2359274
>Prevents crime better than any "this house shoots first and calls 911 later" signs.
Yeah and FBI crime statistics say alot different,
>>
>>2362027
>>2362501
>the toadline meemee
i was told by a vet at OSU that a dog would assume this front paws bent inward type stance if they were unable to get enough air into their lungs as this position allows for their chest cavity to be the largest, allowing for more air

She also told me this condition is an emergency that requires immediate medical attention

why would you purposely breed a dog to always need medical attention?
>>
File: 1492396815236.jpg (170KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492396815236.jpg
170KB, 400x400px
>>2363615
No price is too high for a CRIME BOSS WITH A SOLID WIDE STANCE!
>>
File: QJPC3Q7.jpg (65KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
QJPC3Q7.jpg
65KB, 960x640px
>>2363759
INBRED TO PERFECTION!
>>
File: bulbadog.png (376KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bulbadog.png
376KB, 400x400px
>>2363759
I suck at this, but I was bored.
>>
File: Lake1.jpg (7KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
Lake1.jpg
7KB, 208x242px
>>2359090
>What's the most intimidating dog breed that's good for guarding my home and yard? Must be able to make friends with my golden retriever. I know that's mostly socialization, but I still don't want a breed that's going to throw some autistic shitfit.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.