[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was walking through a parking lot which is empty on weekends.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (33KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 300x168px
I was walking through a parking lot which is empty on weekends. I saw a lot of bees around this water valve thing. (Not taking a picture but pic related is the type of thing Im talking about.)
I don't want whoever works here to get attacked by a bunch of bees tomrrow morning.
Who do I call to alert. Should I call the city?
This parking lot might be private property but maybe the city still has some jurisdiction.
I don't know. Please help.
>>
Bees are harmless just let them bee
>>
>>2358977
That was stupid.
>>
>>2358972
If you noticed the bees I'm sure the people who work there will notice them too.
>>
>>2358984
You're right, they will notice them when they're getting stung by a swarm.
I was sitting nearby so I saw them before it was too late but someone rushing up to the door in the morning wouldn't notice them and their fast walking will piss the bees off.

I don't know if you live in Europe and you have nice tame honeybees but I live in the southwestern US and the African killer bees here get pissed off easily and have been known to follow people for 1/2 a mile and a mile.
They will sting to the death on some occasions.
>>
>>2358982
no u
>>
>>2358996
Maybe they deserve to be stung to death.
>>
>>2359004
Why?
>>
Man a call wont hurt if you feel stupid while calling and alerting them just dont tell your name
>>
>>2358972
Bees are aggressive defending their hive. This is their water source, one of likely a few. Theyll be docile as lambs unless someone literally picks one up and squeezes it between their fingers.

Source...im a beekeeper
>>
>>2359344
I called them. They said they'd take a look.
>>
>>2359348
are you a European honeybee keeper or a Africanized killer bee keeper
>>
>>2359366
>>2359344
>>2358972
yall dumb niggers
the beeds go to the water valve because the water valve is humid and possibly dripping like a drop or two every once in a while, providing the bees with fresh clean water, they signaled the rest so now you see them around it because, well, they go there when they're thirsty. They're no threat to anyone "working on the valve" or even passing by, you dummy.
>>
>>2358972
Just leave it. While as a utility employee I appreciate your concern, the bureaucracy you'd have to navigate to report such a problem would be time consuming and frustrating, & I doubt the message will get to the intended person. Besides, we look for this potential hazard when approaching the equipment and access panels. Wasps and spiders are the biggest threats i've faced... oh and a dog or two.
>>
>>2359368
African bees are aggressive compared to their European counterparts
>inb4 >>>/pol/

BUT
The basic behavior stands. There's no incentive to fight to the death over water when its a common resource. The only thing they go ape shit over is the hive.
>>
>>2359640
Have you ever heard of them making a hive in the ground?
>>
>>2358999
Trips of truth
>>
>>2359697
>le repeating digits XD
>>
>>2359684
Next to a water source? No. Very few creatures would knowingly burrow near water. Beavers and idiots excluded
>>
>>2358972
This has to be bait. Either that or you're the sweetest mentally challenged person on 4chan. Bees are harmless, thanks for thinking of others though.
>>
This post should be titled Karma
>>
>>2358972
>WAAAAHHH DUDE I WENT OUTSIDE AND THERE WERE INSECTS
>WHO CAN I CALL FOR A SAFE SPACE???
>>
>>2359759
>>2359762
>>2359769
I was wrong in this case but here in southwestern America, Africanized killer bees are very aggressive. And they have killed people before. They have been known to be provoked fairly easily.
Kill pets too.
>>
>>2360765
you've spent your life watching a ton of network news and not going outside
>>
>>2358996
>Bees being this agressive
Ok, look- /an/ isn't gonna help you, half the people here who think they're animal biologists are just people who go to doggy daycares alot, call 311 (The non emergency version of 911) and ask them what to do and if they can do something, they're not like 911 so if it turns out to be something pointless (Even though I guarantee this isn't) you won't get shit for it, afterwards call whoever you can at work that can contact the manager there and tell them the situation and how lethal the bees are, if they're smart they'll probably close work for the day while someone fixes it, but if bees are this fucking bad (Because bees are damn shitty here in Pahrump but these sound like the bees literally did take steroids) you can't just let swarm after swarm of people get extremely hurt and apparently potentially die, even if it might be embarassing to go "Uh... Hey boss, we got some really bad Bees on the walk to work" at night but I'm certain if you're asking you'd much rather be a bit embarassed then watch a shit ton of your coworkers get swarmed by these things.
>>
>>2360810
I already called the place, they said they'd look at it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.