[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a tuxedo sitting in my lawn under a bench. I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: shutterstock_138013388-300x300.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_138013388-300x300.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
There's a tuxedo sitting in my lawn under a bench. I think she has an eye infection, too. It's raining, so how can I get her to come in so I can help her out with her eye and get her dry? I've been feeding her and her family since I moved into this house, which was last year.
>>
Feeding stray cats is illegal in many jurisfictions, and can conttibute to the spread of disease and predation of native species. Priority should be placed on the adoptable stray animals (which are mostly dogs), and the humane destruction of the rest
>>
>>2358821
I just checked, and it's not illegal where I live.
>>
>>2358825
Just because something remains legal under the law, doesn't mean its the right thing to do, it could just mean they haven't gotten around to outlawing it yet.

James 4:17 “So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.”
>>
>>2358821
Spotted the dogfag

>p-p-p-pwweeesseee get a dawwg anon, it's le illegal if you don't!

my sides, stay pathetic you collective of narcissists. It's almost like a religion to you chucklefucks.
>>
>>2358830
I'm feeding them because when I moved in, they were thin and starving. If thy're gonna die of disease, I at least want them to live as long as possible. While feeding them CAN contribute to spreading disease, it also contributes to how long they can survive, how healthy they are, and how good their immune system is. I'm trying to help out animals that were miserable when I wasn't. I'm showing some goddamn respect for my favorite animals.
>>
>>2358835
>my favorite animals.

Wow, a cat is your favorite animal, I would have never guessed that of all fucking things
>>
>>2358843
>how dare some1 have da favorite animul that isn't muh DAWWWWWWWG
>have you heard of the good word of le cult of le DAWWWGG yet?

>get a DAWWWWG anon j-j-j-just do it ;________;

it's so sad watching you people decay
>>
>>2358843
Just because I love cats doesn't meant I don't love dogs, but you're not gonna convince me to let an innocent animal die of disease because YOU have a preference.
>>
>>2358835
You feel good from prolonging their suffering?
>>
>>2358831
stop feeding homeless cats, you imbecile
>>
>>2358860
That's not me.

>>2358851
No, I feel good from giving them the will and energy to survive their sickness, the winter, and the rain. I intend on calling a vet to help me capture and heal her eyes + deworm and spay her, and give her vaccines. I'm probably gonna let her be an outdoor animal if she never wants to come in.
>>
>>2358860
>>2358851
Stop attempting to force convert everyone to the dog cult, you worthless spineless cretins.
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 457x171px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 457x171px
>>2358879
Forgot pic.
>>
>>2358880
i'm not trying to make you get a fucking drooling retard like you. by feeding homeless cats you're doing more harm than good. kys
>>
>>2358879
Wildlife center will get them neutered vet wants $$ probably so you know.
>>
>>2358882
Please explain with non-biased sources and little to no logical fallacies why it is harmful to earn the trust of a stray animal so you can capture and release it.
>>
>>2358886
Your a idiot
>>
>>2358815
Get some wet food and make a small food trail or something
>>
>>2358886
Dogfags can't use logic or reason, they rely on pure feels > reals.
>>
>>2358886

By releasing it you are allowing it to continue preying upon wild birds, shitting in peoples gardens, pissing on cars.

It's highly likely that if OP traps it and takes it to the vet, after release it will sustain further injuries from fights with other cats or raccoons.

It will almost certainly die prematurely due to being struck by a car, exposure during winter, or being killed by a coyote/eagle/snake/bobcat/lynx/cougar etc.

Leaving food out for feral cats encourages raccoons/opossums/rats to collect at your house.

Trapped feral cats should either be socialized and adopted out so they can become indoor cats, or euthanized.
>>
>>2358951
yet, catfags have their head so up their ass that can't see the consequences of their actions.
>>
>>2358960
>hurr TNR is bad
>hurr there are fights in the wild so that's y u kill it now
>muh birds
>muh winter
>muh pest species

Do you go insane whenever someone leaves out a bird feeder too?
>>
>>2358967

>when the toxoplasmosis has you so bad that you think feeding wild birds is the same as encouraging an invasive species
>>
>>2358975
>when the epic memes warp your view of reality so hard you think providing a zoonosis vector and motivation to not migrate for winter is beneficial to any wild birds save invasive sparrow or pigeons
>>
File: Sitta-carolinensis-001.jpg (278KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sitta-carolinensis-001.jpg
278KB, 1024x1024px
>>2358987

>motivation to not migrate

Most small migratory birds feed on berries or insects, not seed.
>>
>>2359003
Complete prattle. Most migratory songbirds eat fruit during migratory periods and seed/insects during non-migratory periods.
>>
>>2358845
no one but you mentioned dogs, you stupid catfag
>>
>>2359007
>Priority should be placed on the adoptable stray animals (which are mostly dogs), and the humane destruction of the rest

first post ITT. i know /an/ can't read but this is ridiculous
>>
>>2359006

>Most migratory songbirds eat fruit during migratory periods and seeds/insects during non-migratory periods.

But that's wrong.

Birds that eat seeds generally don't migrate because they don't have to. Cardinals, Tits/Chickadees, Jays don't migrate, or migrate purely based upon food availability rather anyways (Bluejays).

Those that do migrate, either do so from very northern latitudes (Some American Sparrows), or eat berries and insects and not seeds (Waxwings, Wrens, American Robin).

In any case, this compares with feeding a feral cat, how? You're literally enabling an invasive species. The only reason we don't shoot feral cats like we do wild boars is because their impact isn't felt by the economy.
>>
>>2359033
>Long-distance dispersal (LDD) promotes the colonization of isolated and remote habitats, and thus it has been proposed as a mechanism for explaining the distributions of many species. Birds are key LDD vectors for many sessile organisms such as plants, yet LDD beyond local and regional scales has never been directly observed nor quantified. By sampling birds caught while in migratory flight by GPS-tracked wild falcons, we show that migratory birds transport seeds over hundreds of kilometres and mediate dispersal from mainland to oceanic islands. Up to 1.2% of birds that reached a small island of the Canary Archipelago (Alegranza) during their migration from Europe to Sub-Saharan Africa carried seeds in their guts. The billions of birds making seasonal migrations each year may then transport millions of seeds. None of the plant species transported by the birds occurs in Alegranza and most do not occur on nearby Canary Islands, providing a direct example of the importance of environmental filters in hampering successful colonization by immigrant species. The constant propagule pressure generated by these LDD events might, nevertheless, explain the colonization of some islands. Hence, migratory birds can mediate rapid range expansion or shifts of many plant taxa and determine their distribution.

>Birds that eat seeds generally don't migrate
>>
>>2359035
>In total, researchers sampled 408 specimens of 21 species. Five birds from three different species stored 45 seeds inside them: the European pied flycatcher (Ficedula hypoleuca), the common redstart (Phoenicurus phoenicurus) and the common quail (Coturnix coturnix). The first two transported seeds of fleshy fruits (two species of the Rhamnus genus), while the common quail transported up to three different species (Rubus, Genisteae and Persicaria)..

>two insectivores that ate fruit and a quail

Let us know when your pet nigger gets hit by a car.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.