[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop my kitties from hunting mice and birds? MFW they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

File: 1425798936925.png (483KB, 529x470px) Image search: [Google]
1425798936925.png
483KB, 529x470px
How do I stop my kitties from hunting mice and birds?

MFW they bring in badly injured mice who are shaking from the shock and don't even run away when I pick them up to put them back outside.
>>
>>2357940
Cats stay inside.
>>
Bad Bait
>>
>>2357952
It's not bait.

Today it happened for the second time that they brought in a mouse that was injured and shaking but not dead yet. Otherwise there has been countless times they brought in mice to play with it and they squeak in fear and agony which is painful as fuck to listen to and stresses me out like hell.

I would really like to stop this. I keep telling myself it's not TOO painful for the mice bad because they're short-lived creatures and accustomed to danger but to some degree I know I'm just fooling myself. They have a CNS too and feel fear and pain.

We don't have too much space in the house. Keeping them indoors would probably bore them a lot...
>>
>>2357940
don't let them outside you absolute idiot.
>>
>>2357961
Keep them inside and make sure you play with them then.
>>
File: IMG_20170415_223852.jpg (671KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170415_223852.jpg
671KB, 2448x3264px
I work 8 hours. They would be bored to death regardless.

Can you not like train them? One of them seems to have just began bringing mice to me personally. Two days ago I woke up to find one on my bedsheets with him proudly lying aside it, and five minutes ago he brought one to my feet meowing at me proudly. Stupid cat.
>>
>>2357995
Please keep your cats inside and play with them a lot so they don't get bored.
>>
Isn't this going to negatively affect their livelihood, when they're alone for 8 hours a day?

And will they ever let me sleep when they can't go out in the night?
>>
As has already been said multiple times. If you want the killings to stop, you need to keep them inside. They're not used to it so it might be difficult for them to adapt at first but this is your own fault and it's up to you to fix it. Give them plenty of attention when you're around and they'll eventually get trained to be used to staying inside.

Ways you can minimise the chances while still giving them some outside time are getting them a collar with a bell on it so the local wildlife will hopefully hear them approach and at the very least keeping them inside for the night so that during the day, the local wildlife can see them approach.
>>
>>2357995
>training
>outdoor cats
I know this is a bait thread but man you are LARPing outdoor cat owners really well. 9/10
>>
File: 1475707758315.png (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1475707758315.png
62KB, 600x600px
>>
>>2358033
>>2358034
Why should this thread be bait?

Also M is a number so MVIII doesn't work.
>>
>>2357940
Kill your cat
>But I like my cat
Don't let your cat outside
>But he likes being outside
Shouldn't have bought a fucking cat.
Cats kill for fun more than humans, this is a statistical fact. Letting it outside wreaks havoc on the native wildlife not evolved to handle an sadistic murder machine.

>>2357961
>I keep telling myself it's not TOO painful for the mice bad because they're short-lived creatures
An hour of your cat tormenting the mouse is like a week of a human being tormented if it's short lived.
>>
>>2358067
>killing a cat over a fucking pest
You shouldn't own any pets, its a fucking mouse you sensitive snowflake. Honestly kill yourself.
>>
>>2358074
Cats are fucking pests
>>
File: 1491463324677.jpg (78KB, 640x541px) Image search: [Google]
1491463324677.jpg
78KB, 640x541px
>>2358074
>>2358074
>Killing a cat over distrupting the natural eco system and being an invasive species
>Bad
I can tell you're an outdoor cat owner. If your cat gets near my bird feeder again it's fucking dead, cocksucker.
And I HOPE you violate the NAP and trespass onto my property to harass me so I can fuck you too you trojan horse of natural destruction.
>>
Jesus fuck, I basically forgot that /an/ too is a 4chan board.

Now I understand why people thought my thread is bait.

You cockwombles would make a turf war out of the silliest shit.
>>
>>2358083
>Implying I wouldnt just shoot you back
I bet you don't even own more than a single .22 faggot
>>
I thought I read somewhere that cats do this because they think of you as a more senior cat than them or something and are bringing you food? Disregard this post if it's complete nonsense
>>
>>2358093
That's fine anon. Instead of simply taking your cats back inside and keeping them from slaughtering every wild animal in a neighborhood radius you can instead take solace knowing that you were right and you can merely "train" this hard wiring out of your cat. That will show those uneducated anonymous peasants.
>>
>>2357940
You don't. Cats were made to eat the mousies. It's who they are, it's what they do. It's why we love them, because mice are vermin, they are annoying and they damage our food and houses.
I suppose some people would pipe up and say cats do the same, but I would counter they are much much less destructive. And they are cute and furry. And they like to snuggle.
>>
>gets upset the mice are suffering horribly
>doesn't end their suffering
>just puts them outside for a slow and agonizing death instead

Yeah, fuck you OP
>>
File: 1491590497102s.jpg (6KB, 249x190px) Image search: [Google]
1491590497102s.jpg
6KB, 249x190px
>>2358074
>muh mammal is more special than your mammal

You realize this is why we all hate catfags right? you hold your beast up to a pedestal solely and entirely because MUH KYOTTTE.

Well, guess what? Not all of us find cats cute. Welcome to humanity, crybaby.

>inb4 more mindless accusations as catfag cannot resist the latent toxoplasmosis infection in his frontal lobes
>>
File: 1487619771375.jpg (79KB, 640x697px) Image search: [Google]
1487619771375.jpg
79KB, 640x697px
>>2358083

>killing someones outdoor cat in a way that can be traced back to you
>not tying it down, running it over with your car and then leaving the body on the side of a nearby road
>>
File: 14602076256024.png (88KB, 568x548px) Image search: [Google]
14602076256024.png
88KB, 568x548px
>>
File: Jesus_Bust_pinkBkd_400pxlH.jpg (37KB, 340x450px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus_Bust_pinkBkd_400pxlH.jpg
37KB, 340x450px
>>2357940
>>
>>2358239
If I tried to rehabilitate every mouse they brought in, we could open a zoo at this point.

>>2358318
I do not understand.

>>2358110
What in that post made you think that I made up my mind on how to handle this problem?
>>
>>2357940
Feed your cats until they become engorged and sedentary. I feed a stray that can't kill shit because I made her fat. Problem solved.
>>
>>2358477
>If I tried to rehabilitate every mouse they brought in, we could open a zoo at this point.
don't rehabilitate them you moron, give them the sweet release of death
>>
Maybe have their nails removed?>>2357940
I doubt they'd like it though
>>
Start feeding the mices poison, cats are smart and also have a good sense of smell, they are able to tell that all mices are poisoned and will stop hunting them.
>>
I'm no cat expert but to my knowledge cats still have the desired instinct to hunt, so the only way to get them to stop hunting is to not let them outside ever
>>
>>2359055
I'll poison you at night, fucker.

>>2359017
You aren't seriously talking about declawing?
Would it help to trim the nails though? Does it stress them when they can't scratch as effectively?
>>
>letting your cat outside
>>
>train them to stay inside
>litterbox train them
>give them lots of toys and enrichment
>play with them every day

Boom now you're a better cat owner in general. They might not like it at first, but they will adjust and be happy. They will also be much safer and healthier. Cats have been domesticated just fine to stay inside and keep themselves occupied, much better than dogs even.
>>
>>2358093
They're not wrong tho. If you dont want your cats to kill things you keep them inside, play and let them shit to do while you're out, increasing their lifespan and enhancing their bond with you; or you declaw them, which is way worse for everyone involved.
>>
>>2357940
They are cats and are meant to hunt.
Who cares about some random ass rats life lol.
>>
>>2359732
We are people and are meant to hunt.
Who cares about some random ass cats life lol.
>>
>>2358477
>What in that post made you think that I made up my mind on how to handle this problem?
The fact that you were repeatedly told to not let your cats outside and brush it off because "muh 4chan"? Did you ever consider that keeping your cats inside is LEGITIMATELY good advice? Because it certainly hasn't shown in the entire thread that you bothered to acknowledge that.
>>
>>2357940
A. don't let your cat outside. Instead put enrichment indoors. hide food around. put toys and shit. Also, your cat is a predator. you made the choice to own an obligate carnivore hunter/killer. Suck it up.
>>
>>2359578
>You aren't seriously talking about declawing?
It's pretty obvious that you don't actually care about your cats' welfare so I don't know why you're balking at this.
>>
File: 1481506700533.jpg (24KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
1481506700533.jpg
24KB, 401x372px
>>2358244
>implying I like cats
Kek no, cats are the niggers of the animal kingdom. However I do believe that its natural for cattos to attack mice. Its like killing a turtle for eating a fish. Its smaller and weaker than its predator, therefore its natural for it to be killed. Same with any animals, so stop being butthurt over a stupid cat killing its prey.
>inb4 hurr ur catfag muh cute mouus ur crybaby xd
You're the one crying over natural selection lmao. This is why I hate rodent and mammal fags they cry over anything thats cute.
>>
File: 1491772341162_0.png (121KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1491772341162_0.png
121KB, 420x420px
>>2358067
>>2358083
>>2358244
>animal kills its prey
>HURR KILL IT
>IT KILLED SOMETHING CUTE
Kek mammal fags
>>2358074
Same with you faggot, stop defending a cat because "hurr its cute lol a mouse is pest who cares"
>>
If your cat NEEDS outside time, go outside in the backward with him and jog a few laps with him in your arms. Don't let him touch the ground until you're back inside.
>>
>>2357940
Rats contain those mind control parasites.

Don't let your cat get infected by those things.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.