[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get over the grief of losing pet? I lost both my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: pet-sematary-1.jpg (832KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pet-sematary-1.jpg
832KB, 1920x1080px
How do you get over the grief of losing pet?

I lost both my service dog, Goldie, and my cat, Big Moosey, four years ago. Goldie was attacked by a neighbor's dogs, and Moosey got leukemia and went downhill fast.

I know four years is a long time, but I haven't been able to bring myself to get another companion.

At the request of my doctor, I've been waitlisted for another service animal, and it has become increasingly difficult to get by without one.

I was hoping other anons would share their experiences.
>>
>>2355993
You don't get over it.
Years later I see things in my periphery and reflexively think it's my cat only to remember she's gone.
But you still had years of good memories where you bettered each others lives. You're not replacing them because that's impossible. The goodbyes are hard but if you could go back would you choose never to have had them? Ask yourself what's stopping you.
You don't fully get over it but you don't forget the good memories you have. Use the grief to appreciate your new pets even more.
>>
i put my 14-year old dog down in august. i had her since she was 3-months old. i got another dog two weeks later. it helped, i guess, but i still think of her and get sad every day.

time is really the only remedy. another pet can take your mind off the ones you lost and give you an outlet for your love, but it's not the same. try to focus on the good memories and not the end of your old pets' lives.
>>
My dog is 8 years old and I still slip up and call her by the name of the dog I had before her.
>>
When my cat died, I tried to be strong and didn't really let it affect me for a good couple months. Then one night I was listening to song which had an upbeat, inspirational tone, but also sad lyrics which could maybe possibly apply to death. I broke down and had myself a good cry right then & there.

But after that I finally understood the famous 5th stage of grief, acceptance. True acceptance is being able to look back on your loved ones and only remember the good times, which will always bring a smile to your face as well.
>>
>>2355993
I've been through this last year and took it REALLY hard, I'll save you the wall of text but get another dog, it definitely will help.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.