[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had some pet ghost mantis, and after they died I put them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1085.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1085.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I had some pet ghost mantis, and after they died I put them in the freezer, pinned them, then framed them.

I'm pretty sure I've discovered the perfect pet.

https://youtu.be/_zS5f2m2fsQ
>>
>>2354217
You should bury them. Yeah I know they are dead bugs but like. "Oh yeah these are the corpses of my pets, I collect them." is LITTLE BIT CREEPY.
>>
>>2354222

I don't know, bro. Shit is pretty neat. And getting to raise and take care of it as a pet for its whole life is pretty cool, so you know they died of natural causes and had a full life.

Probably wouldn't do the same thing with a cat.
>>
>>2354222
Fucking normies.
>>
>>2354222
Insect taxonomy is the shit. Yeah, they're your pets, but *most* people would agree its pretty different than a cat or a dog. Their bodies are so beautiful, to throw them out when they can be preserved seems like a waste.

Also nice trips.

>>2354254
NORMIES GET OFF MY BOARD THIS IS MY WORLD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2354254
This is absolutely disgusting and if you think otherwise you're either an autist or mentally retarded. Now get back to /r9k/.
>>
>>2354393
>pinning insects is disgusting
How can you be such a sheltered delusional child? Do you know how long people have been doing this?
>>
File: 1490210295551.jpg (78KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1490210295551.jpg
78KB, 338x305px
>>2354393
You should feel embarassed for yourself, jesus christ dude. Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>2354222
> bury them
> little bit creepy
Welcome to my pet cementary
>>
>>2354217
I have 3 moths and two beetles pinned up.

I have a colony of Formica neorufibarbis ants, they are small but i've thought of pinning some of their corpses too.

Do you think it would be do able with an insect that small?
>>
>>2354520
How long stupid fucks that are totally mindfucked did this more like

No one who's actually in peace with their mind do this
Hell's sake seek help anon
>>
>>2354546
Take your own advice, obsessive.

>hurr ppl cant do what they like in the privacy of their home cuz it TRIGGERS ME OVER TCP/IP ;_______________________;
>>
>>2354555
Do what you like anon. But just have an idea of what's autism.
>>
>>2354217
Pretty cool OP.
Are you going to add to your collection, and if so do you have anything specific in mind?
>>
>>2354640
>caring about what other people do OTI not the height of autism

Do you separate portions on your plate too? lol
>>
>>2354644
>Do you separate portions on your plate too? lol
Hey, I do that and I'm not.........
Fuck you
>>
>>2354640
making a bug collection is cool though

I personally hate going out finding bugs to kill for that specific purpose, but if you have pretty bugs that happen to die, might as well display them like a real scientist would

that's how so many entomology discoveries are made. also some collections are absolutely beautiful
>>
>>2354649
I do have to admit you're right anon
>>
File: 20170411_162520.jpg (4MB, 3578x1871px) Image search: [Google]
20170411_162520.jpg
4MB, 3578x1871px
Cool Op , these are mine
>>
>>2354644
yeah, mixing your potatoes and peas is just subtle jewish racemixing propaganda
>>
File: IMG_0090.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0090.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Nice to see I'm not the only one with a collection! Here are mine. The two framed ones were given to me by my mom who bought them for decoration, and then gave them to me when she was done. The rest I found at thrift stores and garage sales.

Which brings up a question I have. How do you guys feel about taxidermy in general? Since getting the butterflies I've branched out and started collecting other things like a taxidermied quail, a puffer fish, and some pelts. (Elk, coyote, and fox) all bought from thrift stores. As well as two mounted deer heads I inherited from my grandfather when he passed away.
>>
>>2354901
This is going to be my dinner now, with country gravy.
I am not ashamed. Just a little disappointed that I have to cut up potatoes now, no fun.
>>
File: IMG_0373.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0373.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
OP, I got into it after visiting a store that mostly does specimen framing, and wet specimens that are a little weirder. I picked these up.
>>
>>2354913
perfect Amiibo choice for that shelf
>>
File: IMG_5694.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5694.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2354222
It's a tough line to draw. I keep beetles, and am very attached to then, and am very sad when they die of old age.

Since I'm personally attached, it seems gruesome to stab + display them, plus it would make me sad to see their bodies. I do keep them, though, because their bodies preserve and theyre interesting. Theyre in nice wooden boxes in a drawer.

This is Julius, a cute guy still going strong now
>>
>>2355247
That goliath beetle is awesome. I want a live one so bad.
>>
>>2356126
how long do they live?
>>
>>2354913
Man I love this collection.

I didn't knew taxidermy of butterflies looking alive was a thing.

I want to learn how these are made.
>>
>>2354540
Do a geometric thing like a mandalla of their corpses, wait for somone to look closer at your wall hanging. Be irritated when noone notices.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.