[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are granted the power to bring back one extinct species back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 14

File: 1320014485517.png (192KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
1320014485517.png
192KB, 409x409px
You are granted the power to bring back one extinct species back to life in abundance, but in exchange, you have to sacrifice one that is currently not endangered itself.

What species do you choose to bring back?
What do you want to sacrifice?
How well do you think it'll fare in modern world?
>>
Bring back that Roman contraceptive herb.

Sacrifice human pubic lice.

Unless herb's essential ingredients are easily extracted and reproduced in a lab, it'll immediately go extinct again.
>>
>>2353332
Bring back megatherium
Sacrifice human head lice
>>
get rid of chigoe fleas

bring back dodo
they will be THE exotic pet to have, so they may not have to live feral
>>
>>2353332

I'd probably bring back some kind of awesome megafauna, a megalocerous or an elasmotherium. Unfortunately, there probably wouldn't be enough wild habitat to support them, and they would go extinct quickly. Same deal with any megafauna predators.

And I would sacrifice ticks. Or some species of parasitic worm.

Damn, I am indecisive.
>>
>>2353332
Bring back Direwolves
Sacrifice coyotes
>>
Bring back Haast's eagle
Kill myself. Not the human race, but just me.
>>
>>2353332
Homo Neanderthal it would be intriguing to see our closest cousins and fuck neanderthal qts.
>>
>>2353332
Sacrifice Panda

Return Unicorns
>>
>>2353809

best answer
>>
>>2353688
Wtf will Haasts eagle eat
We would need to revive moas first
>>
File: aedes-aegypti.jpg (240KB, 1600x1135px) Image search: [Google]
aedes-aegypti.jpg
240KB, 1600x1135px
i'd kill Aedes aegypti

not sure what to bring back. maybe a t-rex or something
>>
>>2353902

Ok den

Revive moas
Kill outside cats

But for real, kill lampreys
>>
>>2353688
Why kill yourself when there are so many parasite species and zoonoses that won't make a difference if they disappear, specially species that parasite on humans like lice and bacteria such as listeria
>>
>>2353332
Revive the entire american megafauna.

Sacrifice all common cold viruses.
>>
>>2354171
Viruses aren't alive anon
>>
File: Leclercqia scolopendra.jpg (131KB, 748x600px) Image search: [Google]
Leclercqia scolopendra.jpg
131KB, 748x600px
>>2353332
I would either bring back a very colorful and/or strange extinct plant, or Bring back a species from a historically important adaptation period of shifting ambients, like the ocean and dry land, the first creatures on land, or the shifting period between dinosaurs and the animals that came after them, like the Jeholornis, Epidexipteryx or Dromaeosaurus. These "linking" species are so interesting!

And Would eliminate Zoonose species that cause diseases in humans
>>
>>2353345
How did it go extinct in the first place anyway? Did they not make any attempt to cultivate it and keep it around?
>>
File: lytic-cycle-4-638.jpg (79KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
lytic-cycle-4-638.jpg
79KB, 638x479px
>>2354177
That's a matter for debate actually, officially they don't meet our requeriments for what is a living being, so they aren't alive according to our definition, but they have DNA
>>
>>2354177
viruses not being technically alive has always spooked me out of the whole free will aspect of the issue

they're literally just a protein coating over dna guided by chemical response triggers

and to a certain extent that's what i am

spoopy
>>
File: Neanderthal.jpg (28KB, 320x426px) Image search: [Google]
Neanderthal.jpg
28KB, 320x426px
>>2353332
>>2353809
What this anon said, would bring back the Neanderthals, our ancestors, I would want to see how fast they would evolve and learn to reach our current level of intelligence. They were not only as itelligent as the Homo sapien but were more advanced in some areas, in fact they were so attractive to humans that Homo sapien started reproducing with them more and more often

>>2353809
>>2353891
The Neanderthals weren't simply our cousins actually, they're literally our ancestors, they died out as a distinctive species because their genes diluted in our gene pool, due to interbreeding with Homo sapien (their population was much smaller in numbers than the Homo sapien population, and they had slower reproduction rates), they live in us, as we're part Neanderthal. Caucasian people that is, Homo sapien who settled in Eurasia, only us caucasoid populations have the privilege of being part Neanderthal übermensch
>>
>>2354209
Romans loved boning so much that they used the herb enough to wipe it out. No attempts at cultivation because it was apparently common enough that no one thought it needed to be cultivated.
>>
>bring back
Phorausracaus
>extinctify
tsetse flies
>>
File: Pristeroognathus_DB.jpg (81KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pristeroognathus_DB.jpg
81KB, 900x600px
>>2353809
>>2354224
>not wanting to bring our even further ancestors
You should be ashamed of yourself, what do you think your mammal ancestors would think about if they see you posting in this chinese cardboard cutting board?
>>
>>2355869
We... we are descendants of those things?
>>
>>2353332
>What species do you choose to bring back?
kang yakub
>What do you want to sacrifice?
negroids

It's the only way
>>
>>2355896
Atheists will literally believe anything while claiming to believe nothing.

Keep dreaming guys.
>>
@2355898
No (You) for U
>>
>>2355896
Yes my nigga
Isn't it beautiful!
We was therocephalians
>>
>revive dinosaurs
>extinct humans
>mammals and asteroids btfo for eternity
>>
>>2355897
But they was kangs
>>
>>2353332
>bring back the horned tortoise
>remove bedbug
>>
>remove fleas
>revive thylacine
they're cool and I'd like to see one

>remove all mosquitoes
>revive sloth bear

>remove all tapeworms
>revive eohippus

I could go on. It'd be easy to remove plenty of parasites and have it be a huge benefit to humans with little impact on the ecosystem.
>>
>>2353332
Bring back the great auk.
We had such a boner for hunting them into extinction in the 19th century.

sacrifice lamprey eels.
>>
>>2354033
lampreys do literally nothign wrong
>>
>>2354210
if we give them status as living things then we will have #viruslivesmatter activists burning down hospitals
>>
>>2356398
>le yous are internet points meme
>>
>>2356971
why hate lampreys? just because of their mouths? more than half of lamprey species aren't parasitic, and they come from such an ancient lineage.
>>
>>2356997
ok more specifically the lampreys in lake superior that are an invasive species.
>>
>>2356929
>sloth bear
they ain't extinct
>>
>>2356987

Which is why nothing will happen to the rest of the ecosystem when they die. Also fuck them.
>>
>>2353332

Bring back: Irish Elk
Sacrifice: Mosquitoes

Bring back:Tasmanian Tiger
Sacrifice: Ticks

Bring back: Quagga
Sacrifice: Pigeons
I know these things are really close to a 'zorse/zonkey' but it looks like it would just be a bit cooler.
>>
>>2357332
>anti-pigeon propaganda
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: 1486471517215.jpg (93KB, 452x602px) Image search: [Google]
1486471517215.jpg
93KB, 452x602px
Second on Haasts Eagle. Kill skeeters or some garbage in return. I'll put one in my mews, so will a bunch of other falconers, and we can keep it going in captivity and hunt deer or some shit and probably accidentally die and get ate sometimes.

Get passenger pigeon in exchange for a species conveniently named "pilot <species>" or "driver <species>".
>>
bring back whatever
kill dogs
>>
sacrifice: spiders
bring back: eurypterids
>>
>>2353332
bring back - ivory billed woodpecker
sacrifice - jiggers (endoparasitic flea, dont look them up for your own sake)
>>
>>2357375
>sacrifice spiders
have fun drowning in dead flies
>>
Cockroaches for real Buffalo. Not Bison. But the real buffalo that no longer exists.
>>
>>2357386
there are only two kinds of buffalo and both arent extinct. what are you referring to?
>>
mosquitos for the Pyrenean Ibex
>>
both. I get sad when I hear ppl call a bison a buffalo
>>
>>2354210
>What are bacteria?
>>
>>2357386
>stupid american thinking that bison and buffalo are the same thing
>>
T-Rexes, and unleash them all in the Middle East.
>>
>ctrl+f
>no smallpox

What the fuck, /an/?
>>
Sacrifice domestic dogs and bring back Siberian tigers
>>
>>2358343
>bring back smallpox only for it to quickly die out with mandatory vaccination policies

m8 there's a reason smallpox isn't around anymore
>>
>>2353332
Revive: Trilobite
Sacrifice: Bedbug
>>
>>2358350
>implying there aren't anti vaxxers

Wow. Just wow.
>>
File: Gorilla Horses.jpg (24KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Gorilla Horses.jpg
24KB, 500x333px
Sacrifice Homo Sapiens bring back these fuckers
>>
bring back passenger pigeons
lose cats
>>
>>2358624
>implying antivaxxers don't dissipate like a storm whenever a real pandemic hits
>>
>>2354209
As I understand it only had a very tiny range in Libya where it could grow.
>>
>>2354210
>they cannot reproduce without a host

Is that really a requirement? Doesn't that apply to almost any parasite?
>>
>>2354209
ferula species don't take well to cultivation. the species that yields asafoetida isn't cultivated either. it's possible it still exists as a hence undiscovered chemotype of f. tingitana
>>
>>2353345
I thought pubic lice were an endangered species because of "habitat destruction".
>>
>>2358679
nope
>>
File: mu_451.jpg (296KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mu_451.jpg
296KB, 900x1200px
>>2358654
>finally accepts pandemics still represent a threat even with mandatory vaccinations.
>implying smallpox wold die out quickly in an overpopulated third world country.
>>
> thylacines
> roach
>>
Sacrifice pubic lice

Bring back stellars sea cow. A manatee the size of a small whale that's also delicious? We fucked up there
>>
File: IMG_9550.jpg (90KB, 660x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9550.jpg
90KB, 660x374px
>>2353332
>bring back
Pic related
>sacrifice
Any and all geese
>fare in the modern world
On par with the orangutan, completely useless and probably wouldn't survive without human intervention.
>>
File: 1492209386914.png (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492209386914.png
41KB, 500x500px
>>2353332
>Kill
Cats. They're an epidemic and really need to be killed.
>Bring back to life
Troodon. They would do a great candidate for a creature to evolve alongside humans (or post-humans)
>>
kill HIV (inb4 dumbass comments)

bring back some kind of wild ancient sea arthropod like opabinia or anomalocaris
i doubt it'd survive in the wild but aquariums and collectors would have a fucking field day. also i bet they'd taste delicious
>>
>>2353809
>>2354224
Fun fact: only human males and Neanderthal females could viably have children
>>
>>2358689
their vaccination rates are higher than the US on average.
>>
Bring back Terror Birds.
KFC all the chickens.
>>
File: 586790c5dd08952c208b4c00-834.jpg (134KB, 834x464px) Image search: [Google]
586790c5dd08952c208b4c00-834.jpg
134KB, 834x464px
Bring back Aurochs. Just because i wanna have giant steaks.
Fuck every single mosquito fucking ever.
>>
>>2359799
Other way around, only sapiens females and neanderthals males could viably mate. This is inferred because no neanderthal mtDNA has ever been detected in modern sapiens lineages. It's possible the offspring of sapiens males and neanderthal females died out for another reason before passing on their genetic material to the present generations too.

Either way prepare to get LEVALLOIS'd.
>>
>>2359993
No, Neanderthal DNA isn't present on the Y chromosome of human males.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/04/modern-human-females-and-male-neandertals-had-trouble-making-babies-here-s-why
>>
>>2359729
the troodon would be interesting.
>>
>>2353685
What the fuck does that accomplish
>>
>>2353332
O good question Anon...

Dinosaur for bants.

Dodo for KFC

Prehistoric giant insect for bants.

If that bird wich was the last of its species from that sad video is still alive that species so he can get some.

Prehistoric giant snek.

Giant fluffy/canine animal to ride to battle.

Extinct:
Niggers <- xDD
Tape worm
Terrible Hairy fly
Bulldogs?
Giant asian hornet.

pls r8
>>
>>2360291
>kill frightful hairy fly
>literally live only on one mountain in the world in Africa
why do you want them to die? they do not affect you at all, and theyre actually interesting and important to study.
>>
File: quetzalcoatlus-size.jpg (106KB, 614x366px) Image search: [Google]
quetzalcoatlus-size.jpg
106KB, 614x366px
Go extinct
>fleas
>pandas
>bot flies
>lice

Bring back
>Steller's sea cow
>neanderthals
>quetzalcoatlus
>diadeodon
>>
>>2360671
>extinct
>pandas
youre not wrong
>>
>>2360671
Diademodon
Fuck
>>
Kill head lice.
Revive Andrewsarchus.
>>
You probably can't kill mosquitos because of the reliance many birds and insects have on them for food
>>
Kill Homo sapiens
Bring back Australopithecus
>>
>>2354219
Which begs the question, why do we consider something to be "alive" simply because it contains more advanced/complex proteins or ways to process proteins or ways to adapt internal processes according to its surroundings?
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.