[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planning to get a greyhound (spanish galgo) I read that they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: galgo_espanol3.jpg (123KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
galgo_espanol3.jpg
123KB, 1024x768px
Planning to get a greyhound (spanish galgo)

I read that they are good for houses because they sleep all day

They don't bark , they don't bite their owners and they are very lovely

Btw I'd be rescuing him from having to participate in races or hunt to be later abandoned when he is old by his greedy hunter owner
>>
>>2352164
>sleep all day

You didn't fucking read the fine print.
They sleep all day AFTER you spent at least 1h walking them every day.

Don't fucking expect absolute running dogs to just lay around while you stuff yourself with cheetos.
>>
>>2352192
Retired racers are super lazy
>>
Go for it man.
>>
File: not_a_galgo.jpg (39KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
not_a_galgo.jpg
39KB, 720x960px
>>2352202
They still need tons of exercise to stay healthy, more than the average dog.

The one who actually seems to be lazy here is (You).
>>
give me more info
>>
>>2352202
>>2352213
Retired racer owner here, they are lazy as fug.
>>
>>2352164
Are Borzois or Irish Wolfgounds(both being sighthounds, Borzois featuring the look of a normal greyhound) and the like similiar to them? As in, "sleeping all day" (besides giving them a long, energetic playrun for two, three hours).
>>
>>2352607
But they still need some walking, obviously. Unless they can use the toilet.
>>
ugly as fuck
>>
>>2353067
Yeah, pretty much. I have a big backyard and they run for several minutes and then they're good for the day.
>>
>>2352164

Galgo =/= Greyhound - very different temperaments.

Galgos are more energetic and bark a hell of a lot more for starters.

Your generalisation about greyhounds is misleading - some do bark like hell, and they sleep-startle worse than almost anything this side of a pitbull - i.e. touch one while it's asleep and you stand a VERY good chance of being bitten - they are pretty highly strung in some ways, some show it, some don't.

Personally, I still think they are #1 breed, but spreading misinfirmation harms hound and human alike.
>>
>>2353536
>Galgos are more energetic
So, the typical English Greyhound is less that while other greyhounds or sighthounds are basically completely different characters altogether?
>>
>>2353293
don't they still need to pee, like, 3-4 times a day
>>
Yeh
>>
>>2353740
huh
>>
>>2353732
I got a big family, so we let them out about 6-7 times a day.
>>
>>2354150
>buy animal
>responsible for letting it outside 22,000 times before it dies
>make 44,000 trips to the door
>ten years later
>dog dies
>"let's get a new one honey"

Fucking hell you people have no solitude in your life do you?
>>
>>2354162
woot
>>
>>2354162
??
>>
>>2353566

Sighthounds (greyhounds, lurchers, galgos, whippets, salukis etc) have more in common with one-another than they do with other dog breeds, but are still a fairly diverse group.
As individuals they are pretty diverse too - some ex-racing greys are complete sofa-hogs who'll sleep 23 out of 24 hours, others are hyperactive maniacs who'll race-about energetically all day if given the opportunity, and everything in-between. Same with most behavioural traits. It's something to consider when choosing a dog from a shelter.
>>
I know a family that adopted a bunch of rescue greys, they were mostly well behaved except for one that was very food aggressive. The only male wouldn't let men around him but was fine with women. The three others were normal, but all of them killed and maimed rabbits if they could, so I would make sure to keep them inside so they don't kill someone's cat.
>>
Aren't greyhounds the more athletic breeds? /:\
>>
File: 2017-04-14_034936.jpg (22KB, 330x302px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-14_034936.jpg
22KB, 330x302px
total cutiepie holy shit
>>
>>2352164
get a chihuahua. all they've been bred for is companionship. they sleep ALL day.
>>
File: IMG_20160919_164809.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160919_164809.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
I've got a rescue galgo, it's my third one, she's full of energy when we go for walks but is lazy as fuck when staying home. Great dogs in general, super cuddly. Pic related, that's her, she's got knife scars all-over her body and a huge one on the neck where her galgero took her chip out before leaving her bleeding in the streets. She was a hunting dog. She's super gentle and calm.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.