[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to adopt a kitty. How the fuck do I go about doing that?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1491340126259.jpg (39KB, 343x481px) Image search: [Google]
1491340126259.jpg
39KB, 343x481px
I want to adopt a kitty. How the fuck do I go about doing that? I've never had cat before. What do I need to know?
>>
1. google
2_a) spcaa (or equivalent)
2_b) actually ask / talk with the people there

do not just roam the allies for a cat or the free section of the paper for critters, cause they are unlikely to been fixed or have their appropriate shots.
>>
>put out raccoon trap
>bait with tuna
>???
>new kitty
>>
>>2351590
I did this and ended up catching the neighbor lady's cat.
>>
>>2351953
>Paint it's fur
>????
>new cat
>>
>>2351590
instruction not clear i caught a wild street doggo
>>
Instructions not clear, cat stuck in fan. Send help
>>
>Buy a cow
>tape a sign to it which reads "THIS IS A CAT."
>that's actually how all cats work. You were tricked.
>>
i want a cat but i live alone and i'm away most of the day. i heard that is unhealthy for them
>>
buy a shortpawed cat so it physically couldn't jump the counters
or just don't grab a random wild ugly survivalist from streets or they will be everywhere with the poopy paws
for the cat, make a high place where it's allowed to be
high= higher than your head in the room you are for the most time
don't free feed
maybe don't get a kind dependable cat if you are a working loner, that's vile
play with toys, tire it so it won't run around deep at night
better get a young adult for the most predictable behavior
what else
>>
>>2353525
>did you just assume my species?
>>
File: 1480555262771.gif (2MB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1480555262771.gif
2MB, 500x367px
The cat chooses you, you don't choose the cat. If you don't have one by now you are not cat owning material.
>>
Go google a cat breed selector and let the magic do it's handy work
>>
1 adopt a potty trained cat from the animal shelter. Its much easyer to take care off. Had the shots and its nudered, 2 decide if you want a inside, or outside cat. 3 roam the internet. 4 decide if you want a female/male cat, what color, race, etc. For example I wanted a black female cat. 5 go the animal shelter forget rule nr. 4 get chosen by a random cat. I have a male black and White cat now..... 6 profit
>>
>>2356624
Believe me, you'll know wich cat is your cat.
>>
>>2351505
Do you have allergies?
They love to climb.
They love to scratch fabric, leather and wood. Oh, do they love to scratch.
They love to wake you up early in the morning.
They generate copious amounts of cat hair. It gets everywhere.
They are less aloof than you've been told. Sometimes they get downright needy.
>>
>>2357250
You forgot the part where you mention cats will do their own cat things by themselves. If he wants to sleep, he will sleep. If he wants to play, he will play. In some ways it's like living with another person.
>>
>>2351505
OP just get a fucking cat and never forget to love it and that's pretty much it, when I wanted a cat I just went to a shelter and got one, it turned out to be sick as fuck so I had to treat it but managed just fine, now it's a perfectly fine turbosweet cat.
>>
>>2351505
Cats are free.
I can catch dozens in a week just by putting sardines or tuna in a cage and pulling the entrance shut from a few yards away with a long twine.
>>
>>2357416
Definitely cats handle separation better than dogs do. Dogs sperg out when they get separated, cats will amuse themselves or take a nap. There's something to be said for having a cat. They poop in the box, they're much less smelly and they won't tear your house apart if you need to leave.
>>
>>2351505
>1. Get a food and water bowl (plastic ones are ok, but stainless steel/glass/ceramic ones are better), cat bed, and litter box (if your house is huge or the cat is very young, you're better off having more than one litter box, preferably in places it hangs around a lot).
>2. Research on good quality food and litter brands. Good cat food has to have as little vegetable and grain derivates as possible, and make sure meat is one of the first three ingredients. Good litter is tipically the one with less dust.
>3. Research on toys. You're gonna want to get toys the at can use on its own and toys it can use when interacting with you. Also get things for the cat to scratch. A bored cat can become very annoying and destructive.
>4. Educate yourself on cat body language and indicators of illness/distress. Educate yourself on how to train it.
>5. Go to a shelter or contact an animal rescue, you'll meet The One. You'll know which one is the one for you just by instinct.
>6. Take the cat to the vet for a quick check before taking it home.
>7. Enjoy your new friend.
>>
>>2351505
go to the pets section on craigslist. there's tons of people that want to get rid of their pets and they won't have to inspect your home or pay a rehoming fee and other bs that adoption centers make you do
>>
>>2357629
>training a cat
lol
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.