[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.half-earthproject.org/ Thoughts on protecting ha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1490135100360.gif (834KB, 360x197px) Image search: [Google]
1490135100360.gif
834KB, 360x197px
http://www.half-earthproject.org/

Thoughts on protecting half the land and water on earth for purely nature without human interference?
I think it's a brilliant idea
We need giant nature reserves across various continents so humans don't destroy all the ecosystems and biodiverstiy
>>
>>2351026
that will never ever happen
>>
>>2351028
Why?
It wouldn't be that hard
We just need to tell illegal foresters, mining corporations, and trawl fishers to fuck off
Governments have a lot of power, they could easily crack down on these corporations who are destroying the biodiversity and ecosystems of this planet
>>
It would be pretty great, but I don't know how the necessary human population control could be implemented in a "fair", non eugenicsy manner.
>>2351033
A lot of illegal foresters/poachers/ect are impoverished and do it to support themselves/their families. I know there are some programs to train and hire such people as park rangers to protect the local environment, but I don't know about the viability of doing that on a larger scale.
>>
>>2351033
Why would the governments care?
>>
>>2351057
We could easily protect 50% of land and water on the planet without having to implement eugenics
We just need to ban corporations from destroying ecosystems, and use military to enforce the law
If soldier marched around protected areas, no corporation would dare step foot into the nature reserves, as they would get blown the fuck out, literally
>>
>>2351062
It wouldn't take any effort for the government to implement laws protecting half the land and half the oceans
They sign a law then the military and police enforce it
>>
>>2351065
Yep, the World Government just decides which former nations will be vacated and whose fishing grounds will be abandoned and it's a done deal!

There won't be any wars over moving half the human population of the planet because there's only one government and it can't fight itself.
>>
>>2351065
>It wouldn't take any effort

Wut. Legislation and enforcement take tons and tons of effort, resources, and money. Plus most governments would be losing money by leaving their natural resources untapped and undeveloped.
>>
>>2351073
In USA Presidents can make national monuments whenever they like and nobody can stop them
This is why Obama made the worlds largest protected reserve in Hawaii
In my country NZ, our leaders don't have that power because we are commenwealth cucks
None of New Zealand waters are protected, so our former right wing Prime Minister tried to make a marine reserve in Kermadec, which contains the 2nd deepest trench in the world
Every party except for greens blocked the reserve from being made
If we were like America, our former Prime Minister could have made the marine reserve anyway
but we are commenwealth cucks so no, my country has no protected waters, therefore fishermen are overfishing NZ waters with nothing stopping them
>>
>>2351075
*except for greens and his own party (national)
>>
It would require killing everyone in China/Africa so yeah I support it.
>>
>>2351033
>It wouldn't be that hard
According to some scientists we would need only 10% of the sea protected as marine reserves to efectively ensure the welfare of the species, amongst those fishes that are in a bad situation due to overfishing, thus being a benefit to the economy.

We are way far from that number nowadays, and the natural reserves everywhere have troubles defending their interests and species.So protecting 50% of the whole planet is just batshit crazy unless some major disaster occured.
>>
>>2351096
Some parts of /pol/ don't even give a shit about environment and genocide all the shitskins is pretty excesive (although some culling needs to be done specially in China and India).

>If I had the power my personal plan would be to cleanse africa of the negroids and then just turn the whole continent into a nature reserve.
Just killing any nigger that doesn't live in a sustainable state like the Masais or other tribes should do.
Those are the ones that cause trouble to their country and nature and live like shit anyways (see coltan wars and gorilla killings). Because you can't place in the same sack the cool negros that shoot the ass of poachers with the ones that sell horns to the chinks and the corrupt politicians allowing that to happen.
>>
>>2352036
Reading your post I agree with you
Completely genocide all the chinks and poos because they are toxic plagues that are destroying ecosystems, but we should only kill off the niggers aren't living in a sustainable state, as tribes like the Masai are some of the most enviromentally friendly people on the planet
>>
>>2351033
Have you met a human before?

Telling them to fuck off when they're motivated otherwise generally hasn't worked so well.
>>
>this entire thread
Holy fuck people have no idea how government, society or even individual people behave and function. What's most suspicious is how the project fails to actually set any goals or process by which they plan on conserving 50% of land and sea.

To put things in perspective, look at how much resistance there is to *carbon taxes*/worldwide emission goals and you tell me you think it's a good idea to tell the military "ok some guy wrote a book and we think it's a good idea to immediately fuck up everything you swore to defend - and arrest or shoot anyone who resists"?
>>
>>2351076

the far left and the far right uniting to protect animals

shame all the centrist cucks pissed on your chips
>>
We'll be lucky if we get 5%. Prepare yourselves for Earth's conversion into a ecumenopolis. There is nothing you can do about it. Better pray your favorite wild animal becomes a qt domestic pet before it's extinct.
>>
>>2351026
I think the best we can do is have individual countries set aside chunks of their natural land for preservation. Nature reserves basically.

Parts of the ocean far away from any country at all can be globally declared to own itself and be illegal to fuck with, and countries can set aside oceanic reserves from part of their waters.

The problem is few countries will be willing to do this. Imperial conquest for glory and ecological preservation is necessary. Fucking Asians.
>>
>>2351098
>Global powers declare most of Africa a nature reserve, keeping a large chunk for various countries to bid on as farmland and a military outpost location
>Genocide all native Africans, saving millions and millions of future dollars that would have gone into the sinkhole that is Donating to Africa
>At the same time, war against the Chinese
>China and other asian shitholes taken over and split into small countries that the winners can make into lebensraum
>Poaching essentially ended, one massive pollution output ended, tons of wild landscape and species are saved, tons of money is generated in the future and saved immediately.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.