[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If your cat or dog didn't alert or protect you during a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (225KB, 600x685px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225KB, 600x685px
If your cat or dog didn't alert or protect you during a break-in, and it either hid or was disinterested, would you keep it afterwards?
>>
Also, what about if you had a seizure and it did nothing or peed on you while you were on the floor?
>>
First question, yes because that'd mean that I fixed all the problems he has right now.

Second question - well, he's a dog, what is he going to do?
>>
>>2350720
Yes, if you don't train it for that. If you didn't train it to attack intruders you have no one to blame but yourself, especially of its a friendly breed
>>
>>2350725
As someone with epilepsy, what the fuck do you expect a pet to do if it isn't trained for that? A normal dog would probably think it's playtime.
>>
>>2351090
Some animals can predict oncoming seizures, but I know it's not common. I thought most could sense mental states like anxiety/distress, though.

>>2350741
So without training, they don't have any natural inclination to help their family or pack?
>>
Sure, I have a dog for companionship more than anything else. I'd hate to come home and find my dogs dead or stolen. That being said all of my dogs are trained watch dogs, and my German Shepherd starts IPO training on saturday so I'd be pretty disappointed if they didn't do their job.
>>
File: fatcat.jpg (54KB, 540x960px)
fatcat.jpg
54KB, 540x960px
>>2350720
Yeah the first thing I was thinking when I adopted him from the Humane Society was 'yeah this would be a baller fucking guard cat'
>>
>>2351093
>So without training, they don't have any natural inclination to help their family or pack?
just stop talking
>>
>>2351415
I'm not trying to be obnoxious. Just wondering. I actually do not know.
>>
>>2351435
dogs dont naturally live in houses with people that baby them
they also naturally dont leave their mothers at 4mo

think before you post maybe
>>
>>2351462
Oh fuck off
It was an honest question you raving autist
>>
>>2351466
>12
It was an honestly fucking retarded question. You actually might have literal autism.
>>
>>2351469
Go fuck your mother
>>
>>2351462
>naturally naturally naturally

Humans are a part of nature. Hundreds of years of domestication has changed their behavior.
>>
>>2351477
>hurr h. spaiens is metazoan so naturrrrr condones every boneheaded decision I make

>every shitty act I do is just naturrrrrrrrrr lmao
>>
>>2351486
>this is not an argument
>>
>>2350720
Yes.

Modern dogs are not necessarily trained as protectors. They're pets. If you bought an animal specifically for that purpose, and bought a correct breed, then you might have a legitimate grievance. Otherwise, fuck off you edgy cunt.
>>
>>2350720
what is thebapropriate reaction for a cat to have when there's an intruder??
>>
>>2351695

That cat is gorgeous and he knows it.
>>
>>2351695
The intruder should be overcome by a desire to pet the cat instead of crime.
>>
File: 1486229649127.jpg (49KB, 460x345px)
1486229649127.jpg
49KB, 460x345px
>>2351695
"I'm sorry my house smells like ammonia, filth, and failure Mr.Intruder, I have a cat! "
>>
>>2350720
Yes, I was the one who chose to get such a dog and would feel it's right to get rid of them
However my opinion of them would change drastically

However I know the dog I have would protect me and alert me. Ive literally never met a dog that wouldn't.

>>2350725
My dog can tell when there's something wrong with people and in general doesnt like when I act 'weird'
>>
>>2351090
All the dogs you own must have been absolutely retarded

>>2351415
You're also retarded. Dogs *do* have a natural desire to protect their family, like everyone else, and are generally smart enough to know when someone shouldn't be in your home.
>>
>>2351695
My father's now dead cat would have fetched one of us. She actually bit the throat of someone who was being abusive towards him.

She was a very smart cat and awesome cat, if a cunt most of the time. I miss her.
>>
Yes to both. The fuck are they supposed to do if I don't teach them to do those things? I keep my pets for companionship.
>>
Someone tried to break into my house in January and my dog didn't so much as bark. But I'd never get rid of her, she's my best friend. I'm kind of glad, because I would hate for an intruder to hurt her. I'll just have to remember that I can't expect her to protect me.
>>
>>2350720
I would rather my dog stays out of the way.
A sawed off twelve gauge has a very large spray.
>>
>>2350720
If you care about that, get a guard dog and train it to guard.
>>
>>2351781
This
>>
i have a husky. i dont think i need to say anything else.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.