[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i want to get a pet cat, but i have no friends or family. i heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

i want to get a pet cat, but i have no friends or family. i heard it was bad for them to be alone all day.

so is it bad for me to get one? is there a breed that is ok to be alone? or do i get 2 so they can be pals
>>
Cats are niggers
>>
File: cats are nice.jpg-large.jpg (62KB, 640x952px) Image search: [Google]
cats are nice.jpg-large.jpg
62KB, 640x952px
>>2350368
>>
How long are you typically gone a day and are you willing to spend a couple hours when you get home playing and snuggling with the cat?
>>
>>2350361
my cat was fine being alone all day.

when i got home from work, she was so happy to see me.......it was so sweet
>>
>>2350361
If you're a lone a lot I suggest playing with the cat as much as possible when you have the time or it'll be a nervous wreck
If you plan on getting 2 make sure they're both either fairly young or they are a pair (you could find a pair or even two younger cats at a shelter which is where I hope you plan on getting them)

Cats need a lot of play time to release energy and don't purposefully scare it all the time or it'll become psychotic.
Also don't play with it using your hand because this can encourage biting.
>>
File: IMG_20170326_202202.jpg (2MB, 3456x4608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170326_202202.jpg
2MB, 3456x4608px
Me and my partner adopted pic related a few weeks ago, we both work afternoon shift and she is fine being left at home for 8 hours a day.

She's happy to see us when we get home and has adjusted to our schedule. She will play when we get home then jump on the bed for cuddles when we are ready to go to bed.

Play with her before and after work and give her attention when you are home and it should be fine OP. Cats are self sufficient creatures just make sure you have plenty of toys and shit to keep him/her amused.
>>
>>2350361
Nah, as long as you make an appearance on a daily basis to play or cuddle. Just get an older cat (3 years or older) that is content sleeping all day.
>>
>>2350391
that's a pretty kitty
>>
Look into getting a rabbit or a bearded dragon.

Rabbits are usually busiest at night and will run to greet you after work, cuddle up next to your foot for pets and not make much noise unless they honk at you for food. They can die of depression, but if you leave the TV on and give it a lot to do it probably won't. They're great if you're willing to potty train them, and bunny proof the room it'll be in. You can always get two, but you have to bond them first which can be a chore, and you'll have to bunny proof things twice as much. If you're not going to bond or get two of them then get a male rabbit, so you don't have to fix him. They rarely get the cancer that comes on with unfixed females.

Bearded dragons are fine alone, and prefer it, but can still be needy and cuddly. Mine likes pets on his beard, and tummy. They can also wave at you!

Both pets require special vets, but they're becoming easier to find, and cheaper. One month of rabbit supplies is about $40-50, while one month of dragon supplies is roughly $20.
>>
>>2350368
Go to bed Lovecraft.
>>
>>2350923
When, long ago, the gods created Earth
In Jove's fair image Man was shaped at birth.
The beasts for lesser parts were next designed;
Yet were they too remote from humankind.
To fill the gap, and join the rest to Man,
Th'Olympian host conceiv'd a clever plan.
A beast they wrought, in semi-human figure,
Filled it with vice, and called the thing a Nigger.

Lovecraft is cool but he's kind of fedora about cats
>>
>i heard it was bad for them to be alone all day.

you were told wrong. cats are one of the best pets for people who are not home all day. assuming you raise it from a kitten and teach it to not destroy your shit.

protip: buy a god damn scratch post and teach it to use it. it's not hard.
>>
>>2351114
This. Cats can take care of themselves during. If you raise them correctly you can leave them for the day and they will be fine . I've left them in the house for a week before, I just left them with a lot of food.
>>
>>2351074
for gods sake lovecraft the stick throwing is just a game dogs like to play with their people, cats play differently

people need to get over the whole cats vs dogs thing. It's stupid when dog lovers have to bash on cats and it's stupid when cat lovers have to bash on dogs

they are both good animals, just different
>>
>>2350361
no animal can thrive in isolation and loneliness. Cats are companion animals, not a furniture or your breathing teddy bear. They still require attention, affection and time even if they don't require much.

>15 minutes of playing before breakfast
>30 minutes of playing before dinner
>plenty of affection and talking and petting when you're home

it's not an enigma jesus
>>
Cats are ridiculously low maintenance.

But get two.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.