[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's all ogre now, all ornithischians are fluffy. https

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 1-newstudyshak.jpg (115KB, 1500x1553px) Image search: [Google]
1-newstudyshak.jpg
115KB, 1500x1553px
It's all ogre now, all ornithischians are fluffy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRlktNwTRjE
>>
File: Triceratops_horridus_skin.jpg (159KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
Triceratops_horridus_skin.jpg
159KB, 660x495px
>>2346534
But we know from skin impressions that they weren't. Pic related, it's a Triceratops skin impression.
>>
>>2346583
>muh skin impression
there couldn't possible be scales under the feathers right?
>>
>>2346643
We have impression from carnotaurs with full scales and bumps imprinted as well.
>>
>>2346644
there couldn't possible be scales and bumps under the feathers right?
>>
>>2346667
>right?
>>2346643
>right?

that is right. because if there were we'd find feathers and scales, not just scales.
>>
>>2346676
but what if feathers are too delicate to be fossilized in certain conditions that scales can be fossilized in
>>
File: 1488431534659.jpg (115KB, 694x694px) Image search: [Google]
1488431534659.jpg
115KB, 694x694px
>>2346534
the study was bad, it omitted about a dozen basal dinosaurs

one example is Panphagia. a early sauropodomorph that is similar to eoraptor and its discovery was what prompted eoraptors reclassification reclassification from basal Theropod to sauropod. according to the above study its now back as a theropod, that basically means there are unresolved relationships between theropods and sauropods that threaten to overturn the whole thing by otherwis indicating theropods are more closely related to sauropods.
to give you an idea of how bad this is entire groups of theropods can jump between being allosaurs and tyrannosaurs simply by the inclusion or exclusion of 1 or 2 taxa and this study excluded close to 12.
>>
>>2346534
Yeah, the study was lazy and set up to confirm the authors' preconceived biases.

it got BTFO'd here:
http://theropoddatabase.blogspot.com/2017/03/ornithoscelida-tested-adding-taxa-and.html
>>
>>2347081
t. saurofag
eoraptor is a basal theropod get over it
>>
>>2346583
Not being fully feathered doesn't mean they didn't have any. Modern birds have scaled legs, after all.
>>
File: Untitlssssed.png (2MB, 1920x2992px) Image search: [Google]
Untitlssssed.png
2MB, 1920x2992px
>>2347244
yes this literal blog with pinky shit everywhere written by a tranny AMATEUR """"""paleontologist""""" (""""she""""" only has an interest in it) is more trustworthy. and in what universe is a degree in earth and space sciences have to do with taxonomy and paleontology. I went to the page for her university's earth and space science program and the major areas of study are unrelated. even one that sounded close, geobiology, turned out to be a completely different field. this retard just saw "earth" and "science", and figured it was close enough, so she probably never tried or paid any attention in school.
>>
>>2347282
Even then bird skin itself is extremely bumpy, I don't see why skin impressions invalidates feathers when chicken skin is bumpy underneath.
>>
>Paraphyletic groups
Get that weak shit outta here. Come back when you have all the descendants.
>>
I just want herrerasaurids to still be dinos.
>>
>>2347283
>can't understand the argument
>attacks the authority instead
you're this retarded
>>
Mosasaurs being exposed as Ichthyosaurs Part II and not kick-ass sea serpents hurt me more than any dino being feathered.
>>
>>2347493
this is what happens when people read one article and accept it as truth.

Mosasaurs are widely considered to be either monitor lizards or a sister taxon of snakes.

one article disagreeing with that view doesn't change it.

Just like OP's one article isn't going to overthrow the thousands it disagrees with.
>>
>>2347283
The people that wrote the original Nature paper are from an earth sciences department you halfwit.
>>
File: miracle of the internet.png (91KB, 660x680px) Image search: [Google]
miracle of the internet.png
91KB, 660x680px
>>2347552
all paleontologists are.

Paleontology is a discipline of geology. The anon went full retard.
>>
>>2347283
>in what universe is a degree in earth and space sciences have to do with taxonomy and paleontology
This one. Paleontology is a specialization from geology.
Good try tho, you fucking moron.
>>
>>2347563
too bad you didn't read the rest of the post. the university she got the degree with the program for earth sciences didn't include paleontology

>>2347556
no, you don't know how to read

http://www.ess.washington.edu/about/welcome.php
this is the university she went to. where does it ever mention paleontology? you're just as retarded as the tranny, and only see the word "earth" so you make assumptions
>>
>>2347489
>doesn't understand my argument
>attacks me instead
you're this retarded
>>
>>2347602
Well I have a PhD in evolutionary biology and have published a number of papers on phylogenetic methods. Her criticisms are valid.
>>
gas thread ban op
>>
>>2347602
>>2347602
It doesn't matter if she's a pastry chef with a degree in sandwiches,

that says nothing about whether her argument is correct or not.

we both know she's right, so all you can attack are her credentials. I'd love to hear you argue that the outcome wouldn't change if we add taxa though. Not even the authors of this study would defend that.
>>
>>2347631
I don't know enough to have an opinion :^^^^^))))

I just like playing debil's advocate when I can.

>>2347616
you're probably right then
>>
>>2347493
mosasaurs are still lizards.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.