[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm on my wits end right now I adopted a cat a month ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170327-092319.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170327-092319.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
I'm on my wits end right now

I adopted a cat a month ago and ever since I got him he has been sneezing up green snot. Took him to the vet the rescue people had since theyou gave me 30 days free insurance. They gave him 2 antibiotics. Nothing, only caused him diarrhea. I went back they did an x Ray on the cat, a poop culture, everything came back fine. Now my free insurance has run out and the last thing they did was a culture of the snot he sneezes up which apparently costs $150... the vet said that if he doesn't get better they are gonna do a nasal flush. I feel like they should of done that after the first round of 2 antibiotics didn't work. My cat has been having diarrhea for a month since I have been giving him anti biotics non stop. Should I just take him to another vet?

>pic related. The little guy eats and drinks water normally. He plays around a lot too. He doesn't look sick at all apart from the sneezing attacks with snot
>>
My mom had two cats who had continuous nasal discharge for their entire lives. She has the same issue where the cats are tested for infection but nothing comes up.

It might not be an infection but allergens or a virus.

Have your cat tested for allergens, and viruses like feline herpes.

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/why-cats-sneeze

I know it's web md but yeah, there's some examples.

And I'd recommend trying another vet if your vet didn't think that it might be from a virus instead of an infection.
>>
>>2343747
Apparently he started sneezing just before I adopted him. I feel like the best course of action would be to just stop giving him anti biotics and let his body do the work
>>
>>2343660
just swap it for a non-faulty unit
>>
>>2343793
Kek
>>
>>2343660
I second the notion of getting a second opinion, never hurts.

Good luck, looks like a qt3.14
>>
>>2343660
That is a cute fucking cat. I hope he feels better.

Scratch him behind his ears so he purrs for me pls
>>
>>2343660
What kind of antibiotics did they give him? Mine has a condition where she starts coughing and sneezing around every six months and I have to get her an injection of antibiotics. that always clears her up in a few days.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.