[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /an/ i found this type of wood dove on the road, the vet isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Hi /an/ i found this type of wood dove on the road, the vet isn't open so ive been holding onto it for the last hour, it appears obviously distressed and it can't seem to fly, what should i do?

sorry for shit angle
>>
>>2342778
it seems to do some twitching with its head and its wings are also twitching most of the time, i got it to calm down in my hand for a while but its started twiching again and looks at me.
>>
>>2342778
First of all, try getting it a box. Something to contain it in and calm it down. If you have no aspen bedding then put down a shirt or a towel you don't want and use it as bedding. If you want, try to put down a plastic container full of bottled water. And a dish of either parakeet food or dog food for it to eat inside the box if you have any. Even pieces of bread big enough for the pigeon to fit in its mouth would work. It sounds like it might've been attacked by a bird or cat or have Paramyxovirus or chlamydia. It'd be best to leave it alone in a nice warm cozy box until a veterinarian is available. It should be fine.
>>
>>2342778
Oh fuck, is it's beak chipped?
>>
>>2342787
we have put it in a box and left it in an empty room it seems to try and fly and the twitching of its beak hitting the box distresses me a bit, we don't have any bottled water but i could go out and get some, we have dog biscuits and dog raw meat and cat food. ill try bread for now.

Thanks
>>
>>2342789
the beak looked longer when i first picked it up but i don't think it is chipped.
>>
Hows Birdbro doing?
>>
>>2342799
He's in a box in my mums dressing room since it's the most quiet and darkest room in the house, going out to the shops to get bottled water now.
>>
>>2342801
Try putting a blanket over the box maybe? I wouldn't worry too much about the flapping as long as its wing isn't fucked up (of you want to check then lift up its wings very gently. Check the armpits.)beaks can grow back if only a bit is chipped. If it's a substantial bit it won't always bother the bird anyways
If there's anything else you're worrying about then tell us.
I love pigeons man.
>>
File: image(1).jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image(1).jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>2342823
well the pigeon hasn't made any noises like chirps or anything and i can't see any major physical damages like a crooked wing or anything.

It seems to have secluded itself into one side of the box it doesn't move really and hasn't checked out the water or tiny bread pieces.
>>
>>2342832
what should i do if its not eating, will it be fine overnight until i can get it to a vet?
>>
You should check out www.starlingtalk.com

They specialize in sparrows and starlings, not doves. But they could probably point you in the right direction.
>>
>>2342848
(There's another website called pigeon talk. They don't specialize in starlings tho)
http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/
They have an emergency section for rescued birds.

>>2342838
It'll be fine overnight. It must just be too stressed out to eat.
Are you sure the vet you're going to will even treat a bird?
>>
>>2342861
well im not sure if it will treat this bird but we have taken magpies to them before to which they took and made arrangements forrehabilitation.

should i bother checking on it every so often before bed or will that make it worse?
>>
>>2342863
Tbqh I've had a lot of fucked up pigeons. I always checked on them throughout the night and lost sleep.I don't think checking on it would harm the thing since it seems to be so deep in shock(of the trembling isn't just pigeon chlamydia or pmv). Just don't pick it up and try to disturb it as little as possible. Make sure it's kept a little warm, too.
>>
>>2342864
alright i checked on it and it's moved and may of ate some of the bread i left, would a blanket over the box be good or like more bedding in the box for warmth?
>>
>>2342871
Both would be good but your hands in the box might disturb it, so just cover half of the box with something to make sure the pigeon can still breathe.
>>
The dove appeared fine and flew away, didn't get to see it though since I was already at work
>>
>>2343414
That's great! Hope it's doing okay.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.