[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/. Question for the fish people. My aunt decided my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170325_161534.jpg (3MB, 4464x2691px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170325_161534.jpg
3MB, 4464x2691px
Hey /an/.

Question for the fish people.

My aunt decided my little cousin wasn't allowed to have her fish anymore. She wasn't responsible enough. Besides the fact my aunt is a shitty person expecting a 5 yr old to understand proper aquarium maintence, I was given the fish.

I have little knowledge but I know they need to be cycled, fed and housed in a few gallons compared to the tiny plastic filterless trap my aunt had them in.

There are three danimo tetra and one make half moon.

They were "tank" mates before.
So I kept them together. The tetra seem to leave the betta and his fins alone and the betta doesn't care about the tetra in the slightest.

Anyways.

I upgraded it from a tiny critters keeper to a ten gallon, filtered, and heated.

I don't want real plants as I've heard having and eco tank with a ten gallon is really hard for noobs.

Besides a bubbler (which is coming in the mail). Is there anymore I need?

I breed meal worms so I've been giving those to the betta (really small hatchlings that I kill before feedong) and the tetra pick at them too.

Filter is a tetra whisper 20.
Heater is also tetra, 50w heater.
>>
>>2342355

To add I've had the fish for over a month now. While the tank cycled and did its thing. I used some of my friends aquarium water to help start things out (she walked me through the process and helped me out with nitrates and ammonia etc., again I'm not too sure what it all means I've been researching more).

I just want to know what more i need besides a bubbler.
>>
>>2342355

Bumping
>>
You've had this thread up for a day and still not found out there's an aquarium general?
>>2343041

Do you now know how to use the catalog?
>>
>>2343247
I know slower boards tend to be autistic but goddamn i'm not sure if /an/ is capable of communicating verbally
>>
>>2343247

>Trying to police the interwebs.

Mate, I'm just trying to get a simple answer, not hijack a thread. figured I'd start my own.
>>
>>2343277
>Trying to police the interwebs.
I'm not. I'm just telling you it might be a better idea to ask in the aquarium thread where all the fishfags are already. They probably won't bother looking through the catalog for other fish threads.
>>
File: Totalynotstolenfromwikipedia.jpg (39KB, 800x382px) Image search: [Google]
Totalynotstolenfromwikipedia.jpg
39KB, 800x382px
Not an expert, but looks fine. If the Halfmoon hasn't lunched the others, it will probably be fine as long as you give it proper betta food or live food (Bloodworms or the like).

I assume your meant danio, grey stripey mid-water fish? They are sometimes called zebrafish and not tetra at all. But very peaceful and if you have a mixed gender split you might even end up with some eggs/babies they reproduced like nuts for me. But your Betta will probably snack on those. Circle of life.

Might have too much substrate, but otherwise, your set. Ignore the hate, keep on swimming.
>>
>>2343380
Ah I just got to reading this after trying to post in the fish general. You're right, they're Danio. My aunt said danimo tetra. I thought it was odd they were named after a fucking yogurt. Thanks man. I thought the substrate was a bit too high also. So I will be removing some and adding some more water when I do a change in a week or so.
>>
>>2342355
why is the substrate so fucking high
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.