[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mom's getting a dog, a Yorkshire Terrier. She also spends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

My mom's getting a dog, a Yorkshire Terrier. She also spends ten hours a day at home, eight of which are asleep.

So guess who will be expected to come over every day to take care of her? I'll give you a hint, his name is OP.

What am I in for? How bad are these guys to care for?
>>
>>2342092
They are really easy to care. You will like it OP
But they get really bitter without socialization. NOT good with kids or really old people

As a pup. You have to be careful not to step on them
Every yorkie I know is extremely aware of feet because as a pup they always got hurt by them (not on purpose though)
They don't need lots of excercise and are really easy to train
Smart kind of dog not stupid.
Good companions.
>>
If you treat a yorkie like any dog... socialize it right, exercise, give it training and mental stimulation... they can be charming little dogs.
>>
>>2342096
>>2342132
Okay, here's the problem.

I hate dogs. I can't stand them. I don't want to train it, I don't know how to socialize it or take care of it, god damn it I don't want to do this and I don't know how but I also can't let the little fucker just become all fucked up because my mom's an idiot.

Is there a guide to this shit
>>
>>2342292
just get an older dog from the shelter, choose one that seems to fit what you need. i got my yorkie from a shit ass puppy miller who was gonna throw her out in a shit filled cardboard box cause she couldn't have puppies. she's the best dog I've owned though.
>>
>>2342320
She already got the dog. I'm trying to make sure she doesn't abuse or neglect the goddamn thing. That's the situation I'm in.
>>
>>2342324
well op, unfortunately, there is no shortcut for you, you either raise it right or end up with a little bark machine who hates everyone.
>>
>>2342331
As someone who had a little bark machine growing up can confirm it's shit.

6 year old me and 4 year old brother manhandled the shit out of the toy poodle and it got super bitter over the years.
>>
>>2342331
Okay, well I don't want that. How do I raise it right?
>>
>>2342342
How old is it? Fixed already? Had its shots?
>>
>>2342347
Newborn. Not fixed, no shots. It's from a breeder so I'm expecting it to have some kind of birth defect from being inbred that hasn't yet made itself obvious.
>>
>>2342342

Take it to the dog park after he's had all his shots, get it to socialize with as many healthy dogs as possible (taking it to dog friendly stores, and beaches, etc.,) also taking to people events where lots of people will be near so he gets use to it.

Training dogs is simple, just reassurance and positive reinforcement to do the actions you want. Start early, the sooner the better. 10 weeks O is when I like to start with puppies.

You're pretty lucky its a small dog, a half hour to hours walk a day will do this guy just fine, if you have a big yard, a game of fetch is okay.

They're high strung breeds (hence, terrier). Lots of energy, generally more alert then most dogs, so they will bark more, and be more attentive to change in the environment.
>>
>>2342092
>She also spends ten hours a day at home, eight of which are asleep.
Your mother or the terrier
>>
>>2342092
They are annoying yappy cunts desu
>>
>>2342393
Lots of good advice in here!

OP, if you're super lazy, just teach your dog the basic commands and don't worry about tricks. This would be a solid recall (come), sit, stay, leave it, and drop it. Also house training - start immediately. Expect to take the dog out to do its business every couple of hours for the first few weeks at least.

It will also be helpful if you can get your dog used to handling ASAP. Play with its paws, ears, and mouth so it doesn't freak out at the vet and groomer.
>>
Thanks everyone, I'll try not to fuck this up.

I was gonna post a picture, but she's asleep and I don't want to wake her.
>>
hi-jacking this thread a bit

Living in student dorm(6 people) and my room is ~18m2 on a campus, around ~30m2 living room, have around 2-4 lessons (2hours 30min each, with combined 10-15min travel time).

Having always lived with dogs it is now creating a void and I was wondering if picking up a corgi is do-able? we have quite a big back yard that has some long ass forest paths accompanied with some farm fields.

Is it do-able? My dog choice would go to a Corgi
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.