[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has a gorilla and a lion and a bear ever fought each other at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 23

File: lion gorilla bear.png (443KB, 1279x930px) Image search: [Google]
lion gorilla bear.png
443KB, 1279x930px
has a gorilla and a lion and a bear ever fought each other at the same time and if so who won
>>
File: Bear.jpg (827KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Bear.jpg
827KB, 1600x1200px
>>2341367

I dont see how a gorilla would stand a chance against either. The lion has fangs and claws, all the gorilla has is strength that is only really useful against smaller gorillas. Animals that are social develop a need to be social at every level, including defense. Its not that he will be saved by another gorilla, but more likely to be alerted to an attacker approaching. Applied intelligence in defense is really only good in social communicated coordination, planning and tools. Against size and speed, its not especially useful.

Between the bear and lion, assuming you mean a large bear like a Kodiak, I would probably give it to the bear, The bear can not attain the speed of the lion, but it wouldn't have to. It has fangs and claws too, as well as strength. Plus, it can rear up and strike from above, giving it high ground.

The lion is at a further disadvantage because its claws and fangs work better for capturing prey at speed than peer combat. It is effective in a chase against an otherwise defenseless animal that only can run away.

A bear of size is not likely to yield to a lion. Since there is no chase, the lion is at a disadvantage. Unlike attacking a gazelle, trying to use teeth and claws puts the lion close enough to the bear to take sustained damage, from above no less.

Its not that the bear cannot take damage also. But its difficult to imagine the lion will keep suffering strikes from angles it cannot see while trying to attack, where as from above, the bear can see what is being attacked and react.

Further, the fangs of a lion work to hold prey. That means the lion has to stay in position, whereas the bear can strike, release and strike again. The bear also has the advantage of being able to use its claws while standing upright in a balanced position. For the lion, using its forward claws means compromising its balance momentarily...
>>
File: 1317668639842.gif (1MB, 268x173px) Image search: [Google]
1317668639842.gif
1MB, 268x173px
>>2341394

... A bear is also better built for defense, where a lion is better adapted for short combat at speed. And then there are the basics of size, weight and reach.

However, this all assumes one-on-one engagement specifically with a larger bear, as a larger bear is the only scenario where the anatomical advantages can be demonstrated. Against a bear of smaller size, those anatomical advantages, namely flexibility and adaptable positioning and reach become less influential. For example, it does not matter if you can stand and strike if you dont stand very tall. While 'bear' is a bit general, matching the largest bear is very different in scale to the largest lion.

There is also 'game' to consider, which creature is more likely to break and forfeit the engagement. This would depend on motivations for the engagement. In general, I would hand this to the bear as bears seem to be more used to defending their immediate space. Lions do not normally come under attack except from other lions; defending from another species would seem strange to a lion. The only situation I can imagine a lion sustaining entrenched defense from an attack is if he thought the pride itself was at risk. But that is something of a paradox, because an attack on the pride is by definition one against many. When it is more than one against the bear, the bear would naturally be forced to retreat.

So no, I dont see a lion even trying to attack a bear, and if so, I dont see the bear retreating. A lion is naturally not going to risk damage if unnecessary, and will be able to assess the very atypical risk of engaging a very flexible, larger animal one-on-one as opposed to the plodding, cloven herbivore.

By contrast, the bear can equally assess the size and posture of the lion and find no reason to yield its space if attacked.

As the pic shows, there are certainly exceptions to the game, namely the terror and confusion of surprise.
>>
If a brown or polar bear ever bitch slapped a lion there would be immediate crushed pussy skull.

Bear would lick his chops and say time to eat pussy.
>>
One time they almost did fight but when the were about to meet they fell in a pit of mutation slime and all formed together to make a bearillion and it killed all the woolly mammoths and ascended into heaven although some may say it still roams the wild....... really makes you think hmmmm..........
>>
>>2341991
proof?
>>
Nice post
>>
>>2341394
>>2341403
bearfag detected. I don't even like gorillas, but I know they are too strong for a bear to handle. a bear would definitely beat a lion though. and that gif is a black bear which are pussies.
>>
>>2341367
Gorilla, easily.
Lion can claw all it wants. Gorilla will just rip it in half
>>
Are gorillas the most overrated animal of all time? Its like I'm in high school again, with retards who think a gorilla would beat something that weighs three times as much with razor sharp claws. Kodiak bear murders them all, quite easily too.
>>
>>2341367
>>
File: bearo.jpg (64KB, 800x540px) Image search: [Google]
bearo.jpg
64KB, 800x540px
>>2342252
>>
>>2342234
>muh weight
>>
>>2342280
The razor sharp claws alone are enough for the bear to take it. Only way the gorilla can win is by biting the bears neck. A big kodiak would eviscerate a silverback gorilla easily. They get preyed on by jaguars, I don't think they can fight of a fully grown brown bear.
>>
File: 1479233405212.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1479233405212.gif
2MB, 400x225px
If the lion gets first blood, he can win any of the two.
If the bear gets first blood, he can win any of the two.

The gorilla is in a tight spot - he has no sharp attacks (unless he's allowed to use tools), so the only way for him to win would be beating the opponents to a pulp.

Nevertheless, you said "fighting at the same time".
That's adds a lot more variables to the scene. Does the Lion has his natural advantages of having a few hundred meters to run and jump? Is there space for fleeing?

The victory would heavily rely on who got less involved in the first battle - if two team up on the bear, for instance, they can then fight each other at the end. But if, say, bear and lion fight each other to death, the gorilla will have an easy time beating the wounded winner.
Since gorillas are smarter, maybe he would intentionally stay out for a while.

The only way to really tell for sure would be to have lion fight rings, bear fight rings and gorilla fight rings. Then, after a few "champions" have been bred and trained to their full offensive potential under fighting match circumstances, do a lionbeargorilla fight ring with several different rounds, and observe statistically if a few behaviors/techniques happen more often, tending towards an objective predisposition to win this sort of fights.

Good luck with that.
>>
>>2342252

very nice
>>
>>2342378
Can you imagine that being the last thing you see before you die, staring in to the abyss that is a bear's throat?
>>
>>2342188
Bears are heavier than Gorillas
>>
Gorilla would just reach over and pull apart a bear or lion's jaw until it snaps like a twig.
>>
File: lion.png (726KB, 1477x825px) Image search: [Google]
lion.png
726KB, 1477x825px
>>2341367

let me try this

1/2
>>
File: polar bear.jpg (445KB, 1280x661px) Image search: [Google]
polar bear.jpg
445KB, 1280x661px
>>2342623

2/2

As you can see, theres not even a reason to waste an upload on puny shrimpy gorilla.
>>
There have been a number of recorded fights between bears and lions from Roman times. 10 times out of 10, the bear would win. All it takes is one swipe from the bears claw to connect and the lion ends up with a smashed skull/ribcage/limb.

There are no Colosseum fights with gorillas (the Romans didn't make it that far south) but they are are pretty hefty and they do have a very strong bite (similar to a bear and stronger than a lion). It would probably give the lion a very hard time but I really don't see it standing a chance against a bear. Bears are just too big and strong.
>>
>>2342637
a lion never beat a bear in roman times? what about in other places/times?
>>
>>2342280
saying muh doesn't make it wrong
gorillas
>muh agility

You understand that even if a gorilla hits a bear, that a bear that tons of fat to soften the blow right? The weight is not just about having lots of mass the gorilla cant move, the weight itself serves as a cushion to incoming gorilla blows.
>>
>>2342637
How did they import bears to Europe? America wasn't even discovered yet.
>>
>>2342252
saved
>>
well, anon posted about the lion that killed a tiger and a bear at the same fight. killing tiger and bear is much harder than bear and gorilla. Lion wins, lion always wins.
>>
>>2342938
lionfags are by far the most obnoxious. lions are pure garbage
>>
>>2342768
are you dumb?
>>
>>2342768
bears live in Europe and Asia, too
>>
>>2342946
king of the jungle, baby, king of the jungle.
>>
>>2343089
>falling for the reality meme
>>
File: the king.gif (2MB, 285x190px) Image search: [Google]
the king.gif
2MB, 285x190px
>>2343089
because he's too good for the jungle.
>>
>>2343160
Is that Thunderdome for cats?
>>
>>2343160
again the lion didn't beat the tiger. the tiger went into a fighting position which is rolling on their backs and clawing with all 4 feet. why are lionfags so goddamn retarded?
>>
>>2343160
You realize Tigers fight on their backs right?
>>
>>2343297
no he doesn't, and he refuses to belie it no matter how many times we tell him. he's posted these gifs in countless threads before, and we call him out every time.
>>
some guy in california did this like 100+ years ago, every animal they shipped in to fight the bear died, it just crushed their skulls.
>>
>>2343297
This realization make me want to draw a tiger doing BJJ, but would not be geographically correct. Maybe Sambo?
>>
>>2343733
Do you have a source to back that?
>>
File: 1435479275937.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1435479275937.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>2341367
I would say bear will almost everything up.
Dont have any real source though, just my opinion.
>>2344269
Not sure if the guy was referencing those fights but its still relevant
>>
>>2344413
lol lions are fags
>>
>>2344413
>predator hunts bulls through ambush or outnumbering them because it's the only way to get the kill
>let's put them face to face
This is as retarded as the anon in >>2343160, if not even more.
>>
>>2344447
exactly, lions can't take down a bull face to face. lionfags need to be knocked down a peg if they think a lion could fight a tiger or bear face to face
>>
>>2344447
That is what this thread is about. Fighting 1 on 1.
>>
>>2341367
Does the bear has access to the Toxic Orb + Guts set?
>>
File: books_003-25.png (51KB, 575x893px) Image search: [Google]
books_003-25.png
51KB, 575x893px
>>2344452
HOWEVER
>>
>>2344717
yes I'm sure a lion took out a bear quicker than a tiger, let alone took out a bear at all. I mean a book said so after all
>>
>>2343078
King of the savanna.
>ftfy
>>
File: 1487999302885.jpg (101KB, 634x466px) Image search: [Google]
1487999302885.jpg
101KB, 634x466px
>>2342623
>>
File: 1425646737538.jpg (609KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1425646737538.jpg
609KB, 1920x1200px
>>2343078
>king of the jungle, baby, king of the jungle.
wrong
>>
File: king of the world.jpg (140KB, 634x293px) Image search: [Google]
king of the world.jpg
140KB, 634x293px
>>2344977
king of the jungle AND the savanna
>>
File: FATALITY.gif (2MB, 382x255px) Image search: [Google]
FATALITY.gif
2MB, 382x255px
>>2345843
ALTHOUGH
>>
>>2345843
Holy shit that image is fierce as fuck
>>
Does the Gorilla have his coconut gun?
>>
>>2342058
>he doesn't have proof of the bearillion in his heart
>>
>>2345872
what did we tell you about tigers getting on their backs?
>>
File: 3.jpg (316KB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
316KB, 2500x1667px
I dont understand. What are you people still gabbling about.

I clearly settled this with thorough analysis here >>2341394 and >>2341403. I further gave size comparisons here >>2342623 and >>2342625

The issue is settled. Total victory for the bear. There is nothing else to be said.

What is the point of asking these questions to elicit the knowledge and harness the mental power of brains like mine if you are not going to take heed of my judgments and pronouncements.

You can keep prattling about it but it doesn't change the ponderous certainty of my conclusion, for every word that I have let free from my brain to join the wisdom of the species is the very sound of truth being learned by those who hear it, and it is so certainly a fact being perceived as to be comparable to ones own senses.

I will say again for those needing simplicity to understand: the bear wins; total victory.

You can retire doubts, and cease this masochistic curiosity. I have given you the answer, and you may rest from this discourse and not let wonder trouble you again.

>implying tiny kitty or puny ape can defeat this 8 foot tall 1,300 pound pile of angry, clawing, chomping muscle

maybe this thread needs a course on mathology.
>>
>>2346086
Yeah but could a bear beat a velociraptor?
>>
File: 1.jpg (913KB, 2304x2622px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
913KB, 2304x2622px
>>2346087
>>
>>2346088

Of course. A wee 30 pound chicken? Instant lunch for the bear.

We should take a moment to have compassion for anyone who thought teeny ape ever had a chance, as it will give us a chance to catch our breath from laughing.
>>
>>2346061
they're pussies? they seem to go to defense position A LOT when facing a lion lol
>tiger to another tiger: hurry, it's a lion, get on your back!!!
>>
File: Buah_baby_awf.jpg (473KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Buah_baby_awf.jpg
473KB, 1000x800px
>>2346086
can a bear beat a human?
>>
>>2346146
An unarmed human.
>>
>>2346137
>lol dude I can't believe you're fighting back what a pussy
>>
>>2346086
no shit a bear would win, but we're just trying to teach lionfag his place that lions are the worst
>>
File: 2.jpg (3MB, 5120x3428px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
3MB, 5120x3428px
>>2346589

Well, as long as we all agree that I am right. That's what's most important.
>>
>>2344413
god damn, this shit just makes me really sad. making animals fight each other to the death for sport just doesn't sit right with me.
>>
File: bear-sitting-at-the-computer.jpg (111KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
bear-sitting-at-the-computer.jpg
111KB, 500x354px
>>2346086
You.
>>
>>2346621
t. lionfag
>>
>>2346621
This
>>
>>2344413
this is an example of ecosystem adaptation.
Most prey in africa are paper mache. The aurochs, whom which the modern bull derived from is not a glass cannon and just will shred up most african predators through sheer mass and attrition.
>>
File: Bear 5.jpg (998KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bear 5.jpg
998KB, 1920x1080px
>>2346623

lel
>>
>>2341394
What if the gorilla used a branch or boulder?
>>
>>2341394
>>2341403
But gorillas have thumbs. Get BTFO, my guy.

Literally your entire argument got fucked out the ass.
>>
when will chinks just start animal coliseums
>>
>>2344717
>a cow with her calf
jesus thats extra cruel
>>
a bear can't even kill a leo dicaprio how's it gonna beat a lion. hmmm??
>>
>>2342639
From QI:

"It has long been pondered whether a lion or a bear would win in a fight. However, there is an answer because Californians tested it during the gold rush. They used to pit grizzlies against bulls, but the bears always won easily by using their paw as a club. Tired with the lack of suspense, they shipped in African lions to raise the stakes. The lions had a reputation for rushing fiercely into the attack and looking very promising at the outset, but in the event the grizzlies killed them as easily as they did the bulls.

The bear’s edge lies in deploying its enormously strong bone density against the thin skull of the lion (lion strength is more muscular than structural). Lions and tigers bring down their prey by applying a windpipe lock, but they never got the chance to use this technique as the bears would flatten them with a hammer blow first."

tl:dr Bored prospectors got a bear to fight a lion. Bear killed lion with one swipe.
>>
>if gorillas were the apex of strength, why do people on /fit/ want to be BEAR mode?
>if a lion's was any good, why don't people on /fit/ do cardio?
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.