[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /an/ I adopted a four year old male dog (pic related) and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170322_114405.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170322_114405.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Hi /an/ I adopted a four year old male dog (pic related) and everything is great, mostly. A few questions.

He doesn't want to do his business in the grassy area outside my patio area (apartment) he only will do it out in the front of the building where the other dogs do. Is there any way to fix this? It's not a huge deal if I can, it's literally only for my convenience and I don't mind walking him out to the front.

Second, my landlord says he whines when I'm not there. I can't imagine that it's loud but still. Can this be fixed? I mean it's not gonna get me evicted but he is still new so I think it will stop, otherwise should I just leave the TV on for sound?

Sorry I'm such an unexperience fuck, feel free to roast me but look at his cute face (border collie/pomeranian)
>>
File: IMG_20170320_110729.jpg (822KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170320_110729.jpg
822KB, 2448x2448px
I'll bump with more cute while I wait for a response
>>
File: IMG_20170320_082954.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170320_082954.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
Him with my GF's cat
>>
File: IMG_20170319_204447.jpg (922KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170319_204447.jpg
922KB, 2448x2448px
His name is Hotch, by the way
>>
Op I love your dog
>>
>>2341012
>should I just leave the TV on for sound?
Do it once and ask the landlord if there's any improvement
If yes, keep leaving the TV on for him as he gets used to being alone while you're away
If no either find another solution yourself or just leave him to get used to it without interference
>>
first off he's very cute and i am jealous because i want a border collie mix. how is he in terms of energy? i know border collies are known to be difficult to tire out but how is hotch, since he's a mix? how many hours of exercise does he require in a day?

regarding your situation it might be because he can smell that that area is where other dogs do their dookie so it attracts him to there. i would say just try to be persistent with him pooping where you want and it'll get easier after the first few times
>>
File: 2016-09-30 23.52.26.png (998KB, 692x1415px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-30 23.52.26.png
998KB, 692x1415px
>>2341069
Gonna just put this here too
My mad springer spaniel
>>
>>2341077
He's not super high energy like I expected, definitely doesn't have a problem being a couch potato all day, I assume that's because of the pom side. He does love going outside and running around though.

I will take your poop advice and we will see how it goes!
>>
>>2341086
>I will take your poop advice
Best thing I've read all day
>>
>>2341086
Most collies I've ever met are big couch potatoes. They can run for days, but tend to be lazy inside.
Kinda like greyhounds.
>>
>>2341086
He may not be needing long walks but maybe he needs more interesting/mental stimulating walks?
>>
Give it a chew toy ful of food in the area you want it to stay when you are gone be it the bed or a room
>>
>>2341232
How do I make walks more stimulating?
>>
>>2341538
Let him sniff. Just leisurely stroll and let him sniff and explore as long as he wants.
>>
>>2341012
>>2341013
>>2341019
now I want an oreo mcflurry
>>
>>2341550
Oh I already do this. The walks are more for him since I'm a lazy shitbag, so I just let him do his thing.
>>
What a cutie.
The normal way to work with separation anxiety is just to take gradual steps. You dont have to stop leaving him, but while you are at home you can just work on it whenever you have a few minutes.
What you do is just to let him see you go out the door, and then stand outside until you can hear him start whining. At that point you have to wait until he stops for a moment and walk right inside again. You can reward him at this point, but its probably one of the few situations where your acknowledging him is appropriate reward in itself.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.